• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

Darsig

Player:Saliba
I want to be fair to him as well. Given that he started his career with us with some injuries and then wasn't a consistent starter until the second half of last season, I think there's a good chance that his body is just hitting a bit of a wall. He doesn't seem to have that burst we're accustomed to seeing and that's natural for a young player after their first really drastic uptick in minutes played. That's where Arteta needs to do the right thing by him and make him understand that it's not a punishment but an opportunity to regroup and be better able to contribute in the run in. Trossard should be starting. He offers a lot more variety in the ways he can hurt you.
Exactly. People forget how young he actually is. And for all intents and purposes he has been one of our best players the first half of this season. He's a good lad and some healthy competition will do him good. Starting him when he's not playing well isn't doing him any favors.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I don't like he running to nowhere he need to learn it won't lead to anything useful just wait for your teammates to get involved

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Banter aside he’s still having a good season overall but is starting to approach the point where he’s had as many poor games as good ones which will eventually put the contract extension under the spotlight.

Young players have ups and downs but it’s beyond that, he struggles if he can’t just run past a player and needs to diversify his game. Trossard for example lacks his pace but off the top of my head was able to create two clear shooting opportunities for himself.

He’s still a useful player but this touchline hugging winger role isn’t for him. Needs to be running in behind and getting on the end of things.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

@drippin great football IQ on display today wouldn’t you agree?

E-JakyEXEAgTWMn.jpg

Banter aside he’s still having a good season overall *several lines of pander*, pls dn't kill me for my previous post Arsenul-Maynya

thc5ujvmrk871.png

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'm fairly critical of Martinelli but he was left incredibly isolated in 2 v 1 situations. He was never gonna do anything today. Ideally that's when your LB comes in but Zinchenko is so important to our buildup that he'll never be overlapping or underlapping in support of Martinelli, Xhaka sometimes makes an underlap and occasionally an overlap but it's not something to depend on either. That said you could see Trossard was much more effective even if struggling himself somewhat he was still quick to cut in and get shots off. It's very one track with Martinelli, head down and trying to run past players usually on the outside, no real cuteness about it.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

@drippin great football IQ on display today wouldn’t you agree?
If you think it's about one game.

What I said he has similar or better football IQ as Pepe while being much younger, but of course reading comprehension is not your forte.

Yes it was one of his worst performances. But he was also doubled down, and Saka was the one who got 1vs1's after switching the sides.

I have no trouble admitting being wrong, but you're jumping to conclusions mate without even understanding what was argued about. Good job. :lol:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Do you remember how predictable Alexis came towards the end of his time here? Feels like that’s where Martinelli is at currently.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
It might be instruction but when he does get the ball he does nothing with it.

You can’t tell me Arteta wants him out there as a spare man who dribbles the ball into the first defender again and again?
He lacks a bit of confidence recently, in an ideal world he’d be killing Coleman or whoever when he isolates the FB.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Had a stinker today. Got pocketed by a dinosaur in Seamus Coleman. Not good.

Didn’t realise he signed a 170k contract either, that’s nuts.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Had a stinker today. Got pocketed by a dinosaur in Seamus Coleman. Not good.

Didn’t realise he signed a 170k contract either, that’s nuts.
Just when the club got rid of crazy wages they went back on it with this one. His wage will be a huge issue going forward because I don’t see how he can justify it. Also think his days as starter are numbered

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom