• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Top Tear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Was always gonna be susceptible to picking up niggling injuries after being out so long with knee surgery, was surprised he was playing as much as he has been tbf.

Last edited:

scytheavatar

Established Member
Why are all the Arsenal players posting "Get well soon" for martinelli in their IG stories if its only an ankle sprain? This makes me worried..

Could be because they know Martinelli has been out for a long time due to his knee problem and it would suck for him to be out again due to ankle problems, even if it is only for a few weeks.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
In particular, it happens to the gems mostly.
Diaby horror injury, Eduardo horror injury, several bad injuries to Wilshere, Ramsey horror injury, RVP had many issues, Martinelli.. it' sickening
Was thinking the same, even if it's not gems, it will hit us in positions like CB when we've lost Chambers and Holding while they were both starting to play really well, and then we've had to patch it with players we didn't want there. Think it was something similar with Welbeck, just when I've had a feeling he was starting to play well for us, he got a nasty injury and never came back 100%.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Whatever the injury is, this season is over for him. We can only hope that it's not too bad and he will have a good summer to prepare for the next season

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think there is an overreaction because he just came back and from Artetas comments. Martinelli's emotional reaction is based on being out for a long time and suffering another injury. He cried when he got a kick on the shin. Basic impact injury. An ankle roll is more shocking but not necessarily severe.

I've seen the footage and I find it hard to see how he would have broken his ankle and ruptured his ligaments. Yes you can walk after you tear an ACL due to the stability of the other ligaments, I have done it.

23271964-0-The_Arsenal_captain_received_a_red_card_from_VAR_after_catching_-a-99_1579099153984.jpg

However you can also walk after rolling your ankle. Look at this tackle from Auba. Meyer was out for 7 days and it is the same level of inversion.

4McdiXTGTeTDpdw17

From my experience it's a shock when you roll your ankle as you hear a crack. The same sound of a bone cracking, but it's actually the ligaments tearing. There is initial pain where you think it's really bad but you can actually run it off. You would be able to sprint, but probably not jump, and your ankle would be considerably weaker. Basically at Sunday league level you could play the rest of the game half injured. At professional level there is no point.

So he walked down the tunnel. When you take the boot off it would swell up to the size of a tennis ball. No exaggeration here. If there is severe blue bruising then there could be a fracture, but to me this is still unlikely. The compression provided from the football boot would prevent the swelling initially. There is no way it won't look bad once the boot comes off.

Also, he is in a boot on crutches, because if you roll your ankle, after the swelling occurs, there is no way you can apply any weight on it. Its impossible, kids roll their ankle at school, and up in a wheel chair, go home and are back playing sport a week later. Martinelli is young he will heal pretty fast as he is still growing and will have active growth hormones.

He probably won't be able to put any weight on it for the next 3-4 days after which he will be able to walk normally. He will ice it for the next 72 hours and being a professional, he will have massages and everything he needs. It's all about not coming back to early. I'd say he should miss the next two games and be fully fit for the one after.

I'm not doctor, but that's my guess.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Hoping this is a similar case of when Gabriel was stretched off in tears, only to play the next game.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I suspect he's just a bit of a cry baby and will be fine tbh. Pretty pointless speculating now though the messages from the club are very mixed.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Hopefully just a precaution with the crutches. We won't know anything until its looked at properly.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Was thinking the same, even if it's not gems, it will hit us in positions like CB when we've lost Chambers and Holding while they were both starting to play really well, and then we've had to patch it with players we didn't want there. Think it was something similar with Welbeck, just when I've had a feeling he was starting to play well for us, he got a nasty injury and never came back 100%.
Remember in 05/06 I think it was when we went through 7 different left backs? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom