• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gai Assulin

M+D

Established Member
First of all, to refresh your memories of the Fran Merida situation, this is the skysports article linking us with Assulin last season, when Laporta slated us for getting their youngsters: <a class="postlink" href="http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=389867&CPID=23&clid=178&lid=2&title=Laporta+upset+with+teen+raids" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... teen+raids</a>

March 24th
Israeli teenager Gai Assulin made his Barcelona youth team debut in last week’s goalless draw against Espanyol.
“The coach told me he was very satisfied with my performance,” commented the attacking midfielder. “My aim is to work hard, continue to prove myself and reach the first team.”
With Premiership giants Arsenal and Chelsea believed to be monitoring the talented 15-year-old, it remains unclear whether he will sign a professional contract with the Catalan club.
But the player’s father has declared his son will represent Israel only if he is excused army duty.
Assulin is expected to receive Spanish citizenship in May.

His website: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.gaiassulin.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.gaiassulin.com/</a> - Some great videos of him on here.

Not sure if you can count this as good enough evidence for a thread, but just thought that I might as well post it anyway. Seems a bit like the Baptista situation, where a player wanted to leave but wanted a Spanish citizenship more. Should be interesting what happens to this amazing talent.

Linson

Woop woop!
Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't Barca more interested in keeping Assulin than Merida and Fabregas? It would be a dream if he were to come to England! Stuff your Spanish citizenship, English citizenship is much better!

Merida+Denilson are you actually talentscout returned to us lol?

M+D

Established Member
Linson said:
Woop woop!
Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't Barca more interested in keeping Assulin than Merida and Fabregas? It would be a dream if he were to come to England! Stuff your Spanish citizenship, English citizenship is much better!

Merida+Denilson are you actually talentscout returned to us lol?

Nope, I just find the youth almost as interesting as the first team for some reason. It's fun trying to spot the next big thing. Maybe as I am a young footballer (albeit not that good a one) I can relate to youth team football better. Who knows? :lol:

But you're right about them wanting him more than Merida I believe.
If you check out those videos he looks seriously fast and skillful for a fifteen year old, and he even looks like Messi a bit.

Linson

Haha! You're just like me then, am a crap young footballer *ahem* I find the youth and reserves just as interesting as the 1st team and just like you last summer I was more interested in finding out about the youngsters!

This Gai looks like a serious talent. I read somewhere last summer that Barca hired people to stop other scouts getting near him or something like that! lol!

baccy_man

Established Member
he looks like an Arsène. signing EG young and gifted and ready to be encouraged to the next levels of the game.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
After watching the vidoe clips, I have to say I prefer Merida to Assulin. Not because of the talent, but because of the ways they play. Asullin gives me an impression that his runs are (or were?) a bit lack of purposes. Maybe he will learn as he developes but now I rather hope Merida to progress with the guidance of Arsenal academy.

stuart

Established Member
MisterTalentScout said:
Gai Assulin will be staying at Barcelona, And pursuing a career in Spain with Barcelona and Barca only .

Close this .

wtf??? Why? Because you say so

MisterTalentScout

Gai Assulin, la gran promesa israelí del FC Barcelona ha decidido que su futuro se encuentra en Barcelona y no en Inglaterra. A pesar de contar con una oferta económica importante por parte del Chelsea, el joven jugador juvenil desea quedarse en Barcelona y comenzar su carrera profesional en España, siendo consciente de que llegar al primer equipo cada año es más complicado y que no va a ser un camino de rosas para él. Ya son cuatro los jugadores de La Masía que por ahora han dicho no al Chelsea, Bojan Krkic, Giovani Dos Santos, Iago Falqué y ahora el israelí. Seguro que los cuatro tendrán un futuro excelente en Can Barça

Translate it your self you argoant bastards .

Paddy from Sweden

No need to call us arrogant. You know the drill, links should be included if you want to prove something and have a thread closed. Word of mouth isn't enough.

stuart

Established Member
MisterTalentScout said:
Gai Assulin, la gran promesa israelí del FC Barcelona ha decidido que su futuro se encuentra en Barcelona y no en Inglaterra. A pesar de contar con una oferta económica importante por parte del Chelsea, el joven jugador juvenil desea quedarse en Barcelona y comenzar su carrera profesional en España, siendo consciente de que llegar al primer equipo cada año es más complicado y que no va a ser un camino de rosas para él. Ya son cuatro los jugadores de La Masía que por ahora han dicho no al Chelsea, Bojan Krkic, Giovani Dos Santos, Iago Falqué y ahora el israelí. Seguro que los cuatro tendrán un futuro excelente en Can Barça

Translate it your self you argoant bastards .

Easy tiger ... how the hell were we meant to know you weren't just trying to be your usual self and act like on of the transfer prophets? Clown

Captain

Established Member
who cares; the thread was as good as 'locked' already.

Last post was back in March- what was the point of bringing it back up.

asajoseph

Established Member
There wasn't one.

And seeing as I have a feeling that we won't be seeing Talentscout again for a little while, I think it's time to lock this one until we hear anything more connecting him to our club.

stuart

Established Member
Re: Guy Assulin - Free Transfer

If it were up to me I'd steer well clear of any Barcelona players. I cant put up with this bollocks about returning home any longer!

Theres bound to be good young players out there who actually want to play for Arsenal

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup
Top Bottom