• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gai Assulin

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Re: Guy Assulin - Free Transfer

A replacement for Merida? Why not.

And yes he isnt Spanish, thank God.

MAK 14

Established Member

From what I've heard, this guy is the business.

On a free, I definitely wouldn't say no.

stuart

Established Member

Bendtners Danish, Arshavins Russian, being Spanish isn't necessarily the problem!

wellington

It's one thing to want to sleep with Megan Fox, it's another thing to tell your wife.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

stuart said:
Bendtners Danish, Arshavins Russian, being Spanish isn't necessarily the problem!

True.

And there is really one way to address this "DNA" issue. We need to bring it home, and bring it home regularly.

viper_001

Established Member

We're already developing Wilshere and Ramsey, and have the likes of Lansbury coming through our academy. Why should we waste resources on developing yet another La Masia graduate? If he turns out ****, it's a waste of time. If he turns out brilliant, his 'Barcelona DNA' will want him to 'come home' before he hits his prime.

I'd rather we developed our own academy products, or at the very least avoided Catalunya for a while.

wellington

viper_001 said:
We're already developing Wilshere and Ramsey, and have the likes of Lansbury coming through our academy. Why should we waste resources on developing yet another La Masia graduate? If he turns out s**t, it's a waste of time. If he turns out brilliant, his 'Barcelona DNA' will want him to 'come home' before he hits his prime.

I'd rather we developed our own academy products, or at the very least avoided Catalunya for a while.
Might be more risk of him joining Sp**s.

Goons AFC

If Wenger thinks this guy is worth it, I'd be excited to see him join.

As much as we're currently hating the Cesc drama, he's been a success at this club, both professionally, and if he goes to Barca, financially.

Plus, I think it would piss Barca off.

outlaw_member

Established Member

So we should refuse a player on the basis that one day he might want to go to Barcelona? I've never heard anything more ridiculous.

Speaking of Assulin, he is a very good talent who could be a major hit here. He is ideal for the flanks, quick, skillful and real desire to attack opponents.

WTF happened to my avatar?

Abs

Established Member

outlaw_member said:
So we should refuse a player on the basis that one day he might want to go to Barcelona? I've never heard anything more ridiculous.

Speaking of Assulin, he is a very good talent who could be a major hit here. He is ideal for the flanks, quick, skillful and real desire to attack opponents.

isnt he more of an attacking midfielder who has zero strenght. Why get this guy when we have Vela who should be getting games

viper_001

Established Member

Wilshere and Ramsey are also attacking mids, who have more potential. If Assulin came, he would be in the same situation as Merida (too many in front).

outlaw_member

Established Member

Abs said:
outlaw_member said:

isnt he more of an attacking midfielder who has zero strenght. Why get this guy when we have Vela who should be getting games

He can play attacking midfield. Why not have Vela as well as Assulin? The best youth system is one which creates an atmosphere of 'survival of the fittest', as opposed to earmarking roles for youngsters for the future. You can never have too many talents.

Linson

I think I read somewhere about three years ago that Barcelona employed people to try and stop other scouts from checking him out. They really rated him at one point at least! I don't think it could hurt if we did get him!

stuart

Established Member

outlaw_member said:

Your happy for players to see us as a stepping stone to bigger and better things? We'll never be successful if we have to keep selling our best players.

Goons AFC

So from what I understand, he lit up Barcelona B when Pep was the coach, is highly rated within Barca as a whole, has played a few times for the A team, and has not been offered a new contract?

What the heck? Has anyone actually seen him play?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

stuart said:
Your happy for players to see us as a stepping stone to bigger and better things? We'll never be successful if we have to keep selling our best players.
to be fair, until we actually WIN something, people will see us as a "stepping stone".. its a catch-22 situation

Lancelot

Established Member

It all comes down to the simple question of his current ability and whether or not he will improve our chances of winning something.

I couldn't care less about anyone thinking of us as a stepping stone, to be perfectly honest; just come here, do your job and promptly try to win something, even if it is for your own agenda. Cesc, Arshavin and Bendtner can cream themselves all day long over Barca, but it's our job, one season at a time, to try to get the best out of them so that we can have a better shot at silverware.

Once the trophy cabinet is not oh so empty, I doubt that we would miss any of these glory hunters. They will always have to think twice about an opportunity to play elsewhere because they could already be at the very best football club without having a single clue about it.

Abs

Established Member

outlaw_member said:
Abs said:
outlaw_member said:

He can play attacking midfield. Why not have Vela as well as Assulin? The best youth system is one which creates an atmosphere of 'survival of the fittest', as opposed to earmarking roles for youngsters for the future. You can never have too many talents.

well if we gonna have so little regard for young players and just see them procentage game where the more you have, the more likely one is too improve, then why expect them to have any loyalties towards the club? Its not ideal to have too many young talents stand in the way of each other, in the end it will effect their improvement

otfgoon

Established Member

stuart said:

So your solution to us not losing our quality players is to not signs them in the first place? :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 26

Sturm Graz Sporting Director Andreas Schicker says he will meet Arsenal next week to attempt to sign striker Mika Biereth permanently [Kurier]

Arsenal have made contact with Stade Rennais and representatives regarding a move for Désiré Doué this summer. They are joined by PSG, Manchester United, Sp**s, Bayer Leverkusen, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund in the pursuit for the 18 year-old [The Secret Scout]

Arsenal are in the running to sign Crystal Palace attacker Michael Olise alongside Manchester United, Liverpool, Newcastle and Chelsea [Darren Lewis - The Mirror]

Emile Smith Rowe will hold talks with the club this week as the likelihood of him leaving for more playing time grows [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom