• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gelson Martins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
As a Sporting fan.. he's really not worth it.

Lots of raw talent and pace, but completely shambolic end product. He's the kind of player that looks good in a youtube video, but will annoy the hell of the fans with his poor decisions.

Headless chicken.

Even if he's free? :eek:

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Don't know if you're being sarcastic (this is the internet) but whats with it with AM and players on a free.

The lad looks like the second coming of gervinho. I'm good.

Rather we save the wages and signing on fee for a bigger player.
Were on a budget besides we dont need him to finish we have 2 cf's who can score a boat load

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I'd be over the moon with a tricky pacy winger that widens the pitch, keeps defenders busy and is able to pick a cross. Especially on the cheap. Scoring is secondary. Not sure if that's him though.

Preacher

Always Crying

Lots of raw talent and pace, but completely shambolic end product. He's the kind of player that looks good in a youtube video, but will annoy the hell of the fans with his poor decisions.

Headless chicken.
Yeah, I have noticed that usually his plays in youtube videos are cut when he reaches final third using his speed and dribbling. Very telling, that there is no much to show of his capabilities in the final third.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Don't know if you're being sarcastic (this is the internet) but whats with it with AM and players on a free.

The lad looks like the second coming of gervinho. I'm good.

Rather we save the wages and signing on fee for a bigger player.

Sarcasm aside, would he really be that terrible? Here is Matthew Stanger's scouting report on him:

Playing style

A flying winger with a low centre of gravity to barge his way past defenders, Martins usually starts on the right of Sporting's 4-2-3-1 formation, where he is tasked with supplying the ammunition for prolific target man Bas Dost. The 22-year-old's main strength is his electric pace, driving beyond the opposition backline to find the time and space to pick out a cross. His deliveries can be wayward at times, but such is Martins' evident potential that he has drawn comparisons to Cristiano Ronaldo.

Similar to Ronaldo in his younger years, Martins enjoys showcasing his tricky footwork. He has a direct style of play, seizing on loose balls to spark attacking moves, but will need to develop greater composure in the final third.

Form

Martins claimed his seventh Primeira Liga assist of the season in a 2-0 win over Pacos de Ferreira on Sunday, creating numerous chances for Sporting to extend their margin of victory. With 11 goals in all competitions, he has already recorded his best return in a single season, showing he can deliver in big games by scoring the opening goal in January's Lisbon derby against Benfica.

Martins' ability to rise to the occasion was also noted last season, when he scored the winner in Sporting's first league meeting with Porto and repeatedly stretched Real Madrid at the Bernabeu in the Champions League.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/blog/soc...-martins-ruben-neves-giovanni-simeone?src=com

I mean, the kid just turned 23. You can't expect a completely finished product.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

Headless chicken.
Sounds like Gervinho with less forehead.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Would a trained dog be worth it as our winger if he was on free?

Absolutely.

SoccerDogTheMovie.jpg

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
If we would play wingers we don't really need to sign one anyway

because that means that we only play with one strikers and if so that should be Laca

So Auba goes on the wing

Iwobi, Danny, Perez, Mkith, Nelson, heck even Özil and Ramsey

can all play there

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
What is it with these professional footballers who have no end product, is it all mental and in their head?

I would love to see what these players were like as kids, surely he wasnt beating 10men for his sunday under 8's team and then shanking it onto the train tracks, I also imagine players with poor delivery practice crossing and delivery all the time.

Its like Shaq with free throws, apparently practiced them non-stop, yet still struggled with them.

Goalkeepers who cant kick etc, always practicing kicking, used to know this semi-pro keeper who would practice goal kicks every session, played as a striker for a Sunday side and was decent on pitch, comes to the moment of taking a goal kick and out it goes for a throw in 9/10 times :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom