• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,777
  • Views 1,163,002

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Seems like we don't have a left-back at the moment at U21 level! May have to either get someone to change position. My guess is that Tyrell Robinson will be the next left-back. Surprising that BOO got released - more surprised that Josh Vickers was released too, he's a far better goalkeeper than Dejan Iliev!

Interesting to see how the U21s and U18s take shape.

a_fourteen

Established Member
Seems like we don't have a left-back at the moment at U21 level! May have to either get someone to change position. My guess is that Tyrell Robinson will be the next left-back. Surprising that BOO got released - more surprised that Josh Vickers was released too, he's a far better goalkeeper than Dejan Iliev!

Interesting to see how the U21s and U18s take shape.
is Tyrell Robinson good enough to push Gibbs any time soon? and why does he look like he's in his 30s despite being a teen?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
is Tyrell Robinson good enough to push Gibbs any time soon? and why does he look like he's in his 30s despite being a teen?

Probably not, seeing as he's still only 17. He's quite similar to Gibbs in some ways - good athlete who technically started as a winger (he still plays left-wing quite a bit though). He's very quick and a good dribbler like Bellerin, and is pretty good technically (has a good set-piece too). But I don't know much about his defensive skills because whenever I've seen him he's played left wing.

He really doesn't look that old though lol

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Ospina or Szczesny
Arteta or Flamini
Diaby
Sanogo
Podolski
Campbell.

Those will all be sold hopefully, the rest out on loan, Wellington will go on loan I reckon.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Beat me to this bruh!
Expect a few others gone as well like Wellington Silva and Josh Vickers.

Josh Vickers has already gone, which is a bit **** IMO - he's a much better keeper than Iliev, who they've kept despite him having howlers every single game.

I'm expecting a lot of loans next season. Maitland Niles is already rumored to be heading to Ipswich for the whole of next season, which is a big step already for him. Iwobi, Crowley, Kamara, Akpom and possibly Gnabry will also head out I reckon. Willock, Tabi, Eyoma and Mavididi will all go to U21 level, as will Mourgos IMO.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Josh Vickers has already gone, which is a bit **** IMO - he's a much better keeper than Iliev, who they've kept despite him having howlers every single game.

I'm expecting a lot of loans next season. Maitland Niles is already rumored to be heading to Ipswich for the whole of next season, which is a big step already for him. Iwobi, Crowley, Kamara, Akpom and possibly Gnabry will also head out I reckon. Willock, Tabi, Eyoma and Mavididi will all go to U21 level, as will Mourgos IMO.
We need to do a better job at development and the choices of loans for progressing our youngsters. Akpom was a horrible decision last season. Afobe finally found the system that suits him and he's no longer on our books, it's a shame. I remember Jack getting a good loan, I really want to see Akpom, Crowley, Zelalem, Gnabry all head out to a selected club to express their potential and development and not rot. Will also watch in excitement, Willock and Mavididi if they're in truth, promoted.

Coquelin became the player he is due to not only his great progression but some of that is infact due to Charlton and we need to be more selective with our loans and relationships with these clubs taking our youngsters. Coq almost stagnated due to rotting in Germany. Need to avoid that at all costs with our youngsters.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
https://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/...o-reap-the-benefits-of-london-colney-step-up/

Reiss Nelson training with U18s at Colney. This opens up the possibility of training with the first team if he impresses enough. I cannot stress this enough, but although there are never guarantees with any youth player at our academy, Reiss Nelson is an enormous talent. I reckon he may even make his U21 debut before he turns 16.

https://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/...o-reap-the-benefits-of-london-colney-step-up/

Reiss Nelson training with U18s at Colney. This opens up the possibility of training with the first team if he impresses enough. I cannot stress this enough, but although there are never guarantees with any youth player at our academy, Reiss Nelson is an enormous talent. I reckon he may even make his U21 debut before he turns 16.

Never heard about him, how do you or more well known people rate his talent? Wilshere level?

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
I think wenger will definitely give wellington a shot this pre-season, call me a hopeless romantic but i still expect big things from him...

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Never heard about him, how do you or more well known people rate his talent? Wilshere level?

Seen a few full matches and a lot of clips. First thing that stands out is how easily he beats players in the dribble. The way he runs into space with the ball is incredible and he's very tricky. It's too early to say as he's only 15 but he could possibly be Wilshere level - we will only be able to tell if he blitzes U18 football and turns out for the U21s. I predict that may happen this season if he performs well enough at U18 level. As far as I know, he's very highly rated by everyone who's seen him - he's an exciting player.

He's quite similar to Willock in fact, who is also a similarly talented dribbler. I see a bit more end product in Nelson though, he could potentially be a forward.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Does anybody know what happened to that czech kid we supposedly signed Graiciar, is he officially on the books yet ?

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I was surprised to see Jack Jebb released. I'm fairly sure I read few articles when they mention him to have potential to break through into the squad like Wilshere did. Seems like same pattern as Luke Freeman who was highly rated when we signed him from Crewe but released him after few seasons.

Guess it goes to show that talent alone is never enough for youngsters. The talent can only help them until they reach 16-17, once at that age, they need to develop tactical skills to become a team player.

@MutableEarth what are the prospects we have in our youth/reserves ? From what I read only Crowley could develop to become a squad player. The defence looks to be pretty bad.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom