• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,160,147

Deathstroke

The Terminator
you wanted him to play the reserves against Tottenshit?

Eh? Where did I say that?

I'm talking about the likes of Maitland-Niles, C. Willock and other talents rarely getting first-team football while 'senior' players who fail time and time again continue to get chances. Basically, Wenger's prioritisation of favouritism over meritocracy must be frustrating for players who are not getting a look-in, if Chris Willock's continued refusal to renew his expiring contract is any indication.

mm76

Yer Da
http://player.arsenal.com/matches/g909869/video/9850/under-18s-v-blackburn-a

Good hattrick from Nelson - first goal is a bit special, and some good movement and running from Malen aswell for his goals.

yeah we looked great in attack, nealry a hatter for Malen too

though for their goal i thought our No.2 should just have kicked it out for a corner

and that Blackburn defender who went through Nelson after his second was a real c**t - just walked away afterwards...

Nelson really should have make his debut this season.

Wenger has lost the plot a little in finding balance betweem squad size and youth taking part in first team. Because of injuries he has stacked some average semi matured players here and there so youngsters are 5th og 6th in line. Because of squad size and importance of keeping every one happy. The average tossers are always ahead of maybe what could be exciting youngsters.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Here's the highlights now on youtube:

Again, a nice hattrick from Nelson. Should be closer to the first team IMO. Great strike and ability to hold off the defender for the 1st; good movement for the 2nd and very nice interplay with McGuane for the 3rd.

A couple tough games ahead still to go for this group but this has been a very encouraging season for the academy in terms of results and progression. Top 4 of U23 league after 2 years in the 2nd tier and finishing 2nd of the U18 league this year heading into the final stage playoffs - of which we have 2 wins so far against Liverpool and Blackburn (4-1 and 5-1 respectively).

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Nelson really should have make his debut this season.

Wenger has lost the plot a little in finding balance betweem squad size and youth taking part in first team. Because of injuries he has stacked some average semi matured players here and there so youngsters are 5th og 6th in line. Because of squad size and importance of keeping every one happy. The average tossers are always ahead of maybe what could be exciting youngsters.

This is one of the biggest things that frustrate me with Wenger. On top of that we pay stupid salaries to these average cloggers.

A couple tough games ahead still to go for this group but this has been a very encouraging season for the academy in terms of results and progression. Top 4 of U23 league after 2 years in the 2nd tier and finishing 2nd of the U18 league this year heading into the final stage playoffs - of which we have 2 wins so far against Liverpool and Blackburn (4-1 and 5-1 respectively).

Our worst part of the season in u-23 was at the start when we were adjusting to the new league I felt. So it has been on upwards for them the whole season and since the beginning of the season they have been very
consistent!

{reed}

Poundland GDeep
Absolutely. Look at Real Madrid - a starting 11 of word beaters and the likes of Vázquez, Fernández, Asensio come from the bench in the CL semifinal. Perfect balance. And their wage bill is just 15 mil (7%) bigger than ours, just let that sink in.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal defeated Man Utd U18 3-0 today. Strong lineup aswell, Joe Willock, Reiss Nelson, Nketiah and Malen all played, with McGuane and DaSilva in the pivot behind them.

Joe Willock scored 2 goals and Yassin Fortune got the 3rd off the bench. We're one point ahead of Chelsea U18s in the final stages and our final match is against them. If we win (or draw) that match, we will win the Premier Academy League, which - considering much of the criticism of Arsenal's academy currently - would be a very good achievement after finishing in the bottom 2 for a few seasons.

Part of it is because the younger players who performed for the U18s the seasons before have more experience now. Nketiah, McGuane, DaSilva, Malen etc. All very experienced at this level, with Nelson occasionally dropping down at that level aswell.

mm76

Yer Da
Arsenal defeated Man Utd U18 3-0 today. Strong lineup aswell, Joe Willock, Reiss Nelson, Nketiah and Malen all played, with McGuane and DaSilva in the pivot behind them.

Joe Willock scored 2 goals and Yassin Fortune got the 3rd off the bench. We're one point ahead of Chelsea U18s in the final stages and our final match is against them. If we win (or draw) that match, we will win the Premier Academy League, which - considering much of the criticism of Arsenal's academy currently - would be a very good achievement after finishing in the bottom 2 for a few seasons.

Part of it is because the younger players who performed for the U18s the seasons before have more experience now. Nketiah, McGuane, DaSilva, Malen etc. All very experienced at this level, with Nelson occasionally dropping down at that level aswell.

In all honesty i'm looking forward much more to the U23 match on Monday than I am to Sunday's PL game :lol:

Think Kwame Ampadu(Thing that is his name) also deserve mentioning. Seems like a good coach. Still remember him saying after we beat some team 4-0 that there were still a lot of work to be done.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Think Kwame Ampadu(Thing that is his name) also deserve mentioning. Seems like a good coach. Still remember him saying after we beat some team 4-0 that there were still a lot of work to be done.
Yeah, Ampadu is a good coach IMO. While the U18s are still a bit ropey defensively, they are better tactically and all the attackers that have played under him have improved a lot as a result.

And yeah, that was funny. They completely battered Villa U18s (which is normally a good team) and he came out like "nah, I wasn't impressed" :lol:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Don't see you on other threads anymore. We miss your input. Have you decided the future is where the best energy is spent at this club?
I've always posted mostly in this thread to be fair :lol:

I've been working a lot so posting a little less, had a grade 8 piano exam recently to prepare for aswell (I passed!). Should be in a few other threads soon.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I've always posted mostly in this thread to be fair :lol:

I've been working a lot so posting a little less, had a grade 8 piano exam recently to prepare for aswell (I passed!). Should be in a few other threads soon.
Yeah I know but we used to get your input this time of the season in the match threads. Especially when a season is lost and you start posting interesting lineups including youngsters who deserve a shot.
Anyways, look forward to seeing more of that.

Well done on the Piano exam!!

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom