• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,158,551

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yeah I was delighted when I saw the news about the contract. Agree that the players you mentioned could easily feature in the first team regularly next season. Maybe one of Amaechi/Saka should probably still go out on loan, especially if Nelson is back here. With how Mkhi is playing at the minute and the wingers we have in our academy we might not need a winger at this rate!
I still think Emery trusts the older players more, as willing as he might be to blood youngsters where he can, so it would behoove the club to find loan destinations for both of Amaechi and Saka IMO as the both of them could find it difficult vying for first team spots with Iwobi, Mhki, potentially Nelson (potentially Suarez too) and whoever they also may want to bring in who has more experience. It's a tough issue because Emery will want to find a balance between giving them shots and relying on experience. The heart obviously says "Play them!" but the smart option would be to loan out both of them.

Alright, so I don't think I'll make the game, but the good news is:

https://www.swanseacity.com/media/23449

Swansea have a stream!

Reactions: HBL

HBL

Established Member
I still think Emery trusts the older players more, as willing as he might be to blood youngsters where he can, so it would behoove the club to find loan destinations for both of Amaechi and Saka IMO as the both of them could find it difficult vying for first team spots with Iwobi, Mhki, potentially Nelson (potentially Suarez too) and whoever they also may want to bring in who has more experience. It's a tough issue because Emery will want to find a balance between giving them shots and relying on experience. The heart obviously says "Play them!" but the smart option would be to loan out both of them.

Alright, so I don't think I'll make the game, but the good news is:

https://www.swanseacity.com/media/23449

Swansea have a stream!

I still think we can find room for one of them next season, depends what happens with Özil and if we sign Suarez though I guess. I will say that Amaechi caught by eye immediately in the games vs Chelsea last season, looks to have everything you need as a winger; pace, power, technique & versatile. I'm just glad he is on a long term deal and I'm assuming Saka is probably on a similar deal.

Expecting a big score line tonight?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I still think we can find room for one of them next season, depends what happens with Özil and if we sign Suarez though I guess. I will say that Amaechi caught by eye immediately in the games vs Chelsea last season, looks to have everything you need as a winger; pace, power, technique & versatile. I'm just glad he is on a long term deal and I'm assuming Saka is probably on a similar deal.

Expecting a big score line tonight?
Dunno. Swansea are good defensively, so will be a good test - however, I'm guessing both Willock and Nketiah will be playing so it will be arguably the strongest attack we can play. Will probably look like this:

Iliev
Osei-Tutu Mavropanos Ballard Thompson
Gilmour Willock
Amaechi Burton Saka
Nketiah

Something like that, not sure about Burton, or if Willock will play further forward with Olayinka instead.

Amaechi was excellent v Chelsea last season. In that Youth Cup tie, we were outmatched by a more experienced and physically superior side, they were excellent in all areas and just as technically talented as our boys. Smith-Rowe and Amaechi were the ones who did not look overawed (Daley-Campbell also did well IMO). Amaechi troubled them every time he got the ball and scored the only goal they conceded in both legs.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

That's a..........weird line-up :lol:

Gotta be

Iliev
Pleguezuelo Ballard Medley
Osei-Tutu Sheaf Gilmour Thompson
Amaechi John-Jules Saka

HBL

Established Member
Thought Nketiah might not play, he’ll be in the 18 man squad on Thursday.
I’m guessing similar with Willock, he could travel, either that or he is injured. Jeorge Bird seems to think Mavropanos might have suffered a injury setback.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Swans look good. Decent team at this level.

Interesting how noticeably weaker this team looks when Joe Willock isn't in it.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'm very curious about our shape. Thompson seems to be playing in midfield, wearing the number 10, while Pleguezuelo is at LB.

Sheaf looks good in midfield and John-Jules has had some good hold up moments. Not seen enough of Amaechi and Saka - they need to get on the ball and isolate their man.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yeah we aren't looking great so far, can't get Saka/Amaechi into the game.
It's the midfield - no real thrust without Willock and Olayinka. Gilmour more of a DM, Sheaf also more defensive and Thompson is a LB and looks lost. Can see the attack getting really isolated tonight - even Zelalem would have been useful tonight. Very curious selection from Ljungberg. Wonder what the idea is?....

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Thompson finally plays in Saka with a good ball and Saka unlucky just misses the target. Good effort. Should hopefully encourage the midfield to get the wingers into the game as they are the dangermen.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom