• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,158,103

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Nah he's something else. The agility, the strength, the scything runs through midfield, the choice of pass - he's his own player IMO. I'm so impressed with him, I'd much rather see him in the u21 team but maybe - just maybe- this is the year we have a decent Youth Cup run
I heard someone say Joe Willock and honestly I can see a little of Joe in him. Especially the powerful runs through midfield with players bouncing off him. He looks to have better vision and passing range than Joe. Plus is more shifty. Joe at times looked like Bambi on ice after his growth spurt. While Skelly looks to have always been big and powerful for his age. I can still see him having another growth spurt over the next 3 years. Even Saka got taller, it's pretty obvious when you watch back some of his academy highlights

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I heard someone say Joe Willock and honestly I can see a little of Joe in him. Especially the powerful runs through midfield with players bouncing off him. He looks to have better vision and passing range than Joe. Plus is more shifty. Joe at times looked like Bambi on ice after his growth spurt. While Skelly looks to have always been big and powerful for his age. I can still see him having another growth spurt over the next 3 years. Even Saka got taller, it's pretty obvious when you watch back some of his academy highlights
Willock's a great shout, particularly with those long dribbles. Think he has a bit more guile in his passing though, and he turns unbelievably quickly aswell. Great agility.

-----------------

Check out some of these saves from Ejeheri.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Willock's a great shout, particularly with those long dribbles. Think he has a bit more guile in his passing though, and he turns unbelievably quickly aswell. Great agility.

-----------------

Check out some of these saves from Ejeheri.
Ejeheri looks more talented than Okonkwo tbh. The last GK from the academy I really liked was Joao Virginia.

Afro Mugo

The club is in a really difficult spot with regards to those two. I think the club knows both of them are ready to play u21 and possibly first team football but they have to ensure the rest of the players still get a chance to develop and since the rest are too old for the u18s... I think they are using the u18s to let them develop other facets of their game eg Lewis Skelly playing as a 6 there because it will be too easy for him as an 8 and Nwaneri being played all over the place other than as a number 10 which he is already good at. I suspect they won't even spend long as U21s but they still need to give players like Bandeira and Oyedeji a chance to complete their development as much as they have no future here. Both can use that time to also concentrate on their GCSEs as they are not full scholars yet. It is a very delicate balance and I think that's why Nwaneri got his debut to indicate to him the pathway is there for him. I'm not worried about Lewis Skelly as he's a Londoner born and bred unlike Musah who had lived in Italy before so his roots to the club were slightly "weaker" . From the outside I think it's easy for us to push them forwards but from a management perspective Per has to ensure he develops all players to maintain relationships etc

Afro Mugo

Skelly would def sign. Nwaneri is still up in the air. Think the club has handled him perfectly so far. Any choice he chooses to make is out of their hand. It's up to his parents and him.
Nwaneri has been here since he was like six years old, and he's always played above his age group. The more I think of it , I just think it's more to do with agents and advisors and less to do with Ethan himself. We lost highly rated Centre Back Harrison Parker in the summer and I think the club has taken lessons from that hence why players like Akolbire and Chico Obi have guaranteed u18 scholarships two years prior to when others are given.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Nwaneri has been here since he was like six years old, and he's always played above his age group. The more I think of it , I just think it's more to do with agents and advisors and less to do with Ethan himself. We lost highly rated Centre Back Harrison Parker in the summer and I think the club has taken lessons from that hence why players like Akolbire and Chico Obi have guaranteed u18 scholarships two years prior to when others are given.
How do scholarships work exactly? If we’ve offered them to others surely we’ve already offered Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly them?

Afro Mugo

How do scholarships work exactly? If we’ve offered them to others surely we’ve already offered Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly them?
We've already offered scholarships to them it's just that they haven't signed them yet . The longer they take , the more they can negotiate for better terms like guaranteed professional contracts when they turn 17 and how much £ in that pro contract among other details in that contract.

Afro Mugo

Ibrahim looks very elegant. Technical and composed. Always liked the look of him.
I've always liked Ibrahim as a potential 6 though I think this level is too easy for him now. He is very composed and technical with good physicality and athleticism. I prefer him to Bandeira whom I feel is a good all rounder but not really excellent whether as an 8 or 6. Its interesting that Arteta has preferred him over Henry Francis and Bandeira in the recent EL games..

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

We've already offered scholarships to them it's just that they haven't signed them yet. The longer they take , the more they can negotiate for better terms like guaranteed professional contracts when they turn 17 and how much £ in that pro contract among other details in that contract.
I brought it up earlier, but no one answered. Why does Jeorge Bird say they can't either sign scholarship until the summer of 2023?

How do you know Arsenal has already offered scholarships, and what difference does it make if they can't sign them until next summer?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I brought it up earlier, but no one answered. Why does Jeorge Bird say they can't either sign scholarship until the summer of 2023?

How do you know Arsenal has already offered scholarships, and what difference does it make if they can't sign them until next summer?

He just means that the scholarships don't become official until then.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
What’s our current youth cup team looking like? @MutableEarth
I'd imagine quite a few 2nd years are gonna be involved. Ibrahim, Cozier-Duberry, possibly Walters as I'm pretty sure he's a 2nd year also. We could be quite strong this year in a few areas. Think CB might be a little weaker with Kacurri and Brown both being 1st years, and upfront too despite me rating Omari Benjamin a fair bit. But see us being strong pretty much everywhere else. Team might look like this:

Rojas
Walters Kacurri Brown Sousa(?)
Ibrahim Lewis-Skelly Roberts
Cozier-Duberry Nwaneri Benjamin

That for me is a pretty decent team if they perform.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'd imagine quite a few 2nd years are gonna be involved. Ibrahim, Cozier-Duberry, possibly Walters as I'm pretty sure he's a 2nd year also. We could be quite strong this year in a few areas. Think CB might be a little weaker with Kacurri and Brown both being 1st years, and upfront too despite me rating Omari Benjamin a fair bit. But see us being strong pretty much everywhere else. Team might look like this:

Rojas

Can’t Awe play this? Looks a solid team that.

Afro Mugo

Rojas

I don't think Walters Sousa and Cozier Duberry will play ..in the past few years we've tended not to play players that have already become u21 regulars. Walters didn't play even last season .
I think it will be Rojas; Robinson, Kacurri, Brown/Quamina, Quesada-Thorn; Ibrahim, Lewis-Skelly, Roberts; Ferdinand, Nwaneri, Benjamin..
Bench. Kovacevic, Small, Oulad-M'Hand, Gower, Green, Dudziak, Kamara

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom