• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,158,757

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Think it would be criminal not to let him become the box-to-box midfielder he can be. Has everything that role asks. Really liked how he played for Hollland at the U17 EC.

For someone who watched (about) all his matches at Arsenal. How do you judge him up to now?

ricky1985

Established Member
24mi3ra.jpg

Looked like he ran it off, but the bad luck the guy gets is incredible.

Vela

Established Member
Martinez didn't have to much today in the match, done well when a called upon. I know he did concede a goal early. Miquel was very solid throughout the match, Angha was beaten by Raheem Sterling every singe time today. I know Angha is a versatile defender can play LB/RB and CB but his crossing was poor today.

Yennaris and Ozyakup done very well in midfield. Good to see Diaby scoring as well. Aneke started out wide which doesn't suit him, when he moved to the centre he got more involved in the game. But was taken with 10 minutes to go for Boateng didn't understand that?

Hopefully Ansah injury isn't that bad. Josh Rees worked hard like he normally does out on the right wing. Thought Afobe deserved a goal today, hit the post and did not stop running as well. Ebecillio looked bright when he came and he was playing on the wing.

Liverpool's pressing was impressive, the loan window closes in four days so a few reserve players could go out on loan.

ebouenolike

Established Member
That was Afobe's first 90 minutes in over 10 months - chuffed for him.

I used to think Miquel was an accident waiting to happen, slow and clumsy. But he's really proving me wrong, starting to look a real calming presence in defence. He also had a conversation with a random fan in front of me at a reserves game a while back and he was very polite and well spoken. I'm coming round to the idea of him being a genuine option for us.

Vela

Established Member
Miquel has improved a lot this season and has became more consistent and making less mistakes. It might be down to playing 9 games for the first-team this season and training with the first-team a lot more often as well.

DK Gooner

ebouenolike said:
That was Afobe's first 90 minutes in over 10 months - chuffed for him.

I used to think Miquel was an accident waiting to happen, slow and clumsy. But he's really proving me wrong, starting to look a real calming presence in defence. He also had a conversation with a random fan in front of me at a reserves game a while back and he was very polite and well spoken. I'm coming round to the idea of him being a genuine option for us.

I too wasn't sure about Miquel as he looked nothing special in the reserves prior to his promotion. I still don't think he will make it here long-term though. He is still only 5th choice CB and while he has been reasonably impressive so far, much of our judgement reflects the fact that he is still developing. As he gets older, we are going to be more critical. The problem for him is that there are a lot of young CBs in first team ahead of him and they could be around here for a while. He may get a few shifts at LB, but his opportunities are going to be heavily restricted at the club in the near future. I reckon he will be sent out on loan next season and will most likely move back to Spain in 2 years. He is a decent player, but there's nothing to suggest that he has the quality to dramatically improve to a level that will force us to bench one of TV, LK and PM any time soon.

Eirico

mistaT said:
RB Angah looking poor...burned every time by their winger

LWF that got subbed on looking the part and has an impressive goal scoring record with youth national team.

Ozy with a peach of a corner

You shouldn't listen to a LiverpoolTV-commentator when he talks about Arsenal youth players. I know he said Ebecilio is a striker, but he's not. He's a DM or a box-to-box CM.

Eirico

Vela said:
Miquel has improved a lot this season and has became more consistent and making less mistakes. It might be down to playing 9 games for the first-team this season and training with the first-team a lot more often as well.

But he's as slow if not even slower than Mertesacker. You have to be outstanding at reading the game and having positional sense if you're that slow, and so far I haven't seen that in Miquel. He's still young though, particulary for a CB.

ricky1985

Established Member
Miquel is a lot quicker on the turn than Mertesacker, it's not even close. It's still a weakness in his game - a weakness nearly all 6'3"+ centrebacks suffer from - but no way is he Mertesacker slow.

The kid has really grown on me since his introduction to the first team.

Vela

Established Member
I expect Miquel will go out on loan next season, don't think it will be to a Premiership club most likely a Championship one. It will help him improve on dealing with the physical side of English football.

fabo

6.51 / 10
There's very few players I dislike more at the club, he just bugs me!

Think he could do with a move, fresh start for everyone. Please!

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom