• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,158,715
E

Enoch

Eirico said:
It's supposed to be Joe Willock, but nobody really knows for sure who Giessing was talking about. But I think Willock is the most highly rated in the U13/U14's.

Another highly rated player is Tafari Moore, but I think he was at least one agegroup above the U13's at the time Giessing made the comment.

Thanks for the information, i typed his name in Google and this is what i found on him:

"there was this tiny black lad - no.11, Joe Willock, who stole the show for me. He was playing a sort of AM role and threading through balls through the strikers and wingers for fun but he was battling it out against lads twice his size aswell. He looked a great little player. I was talking to some of the parents over to support their kids on the Arsenal team, ended up talking to his dad and brothers. They were cool."

".... Obviously it's impossible to know how they'll progress but that little no.11 that I mentioned looks ridiculously good! He gets it wrong from time to time but seriously, for maybe an 11 year old kid to be even attempting the passes he was and taking it through players; he had a smashing second half. He only came on at half-time."

He also mentions two huge CBs, a left back, and a player named Benny Ashley-Seal. This guy posted this on 22, April 22, 2011. Looks to be a talent can't wait to see him play for the reserves.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Not worth a thread so i may as well stick it in here. According to a journalist from the Guardian, Park won't have to do his military service until 2022. Yay?

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Now it all makes sense.......

Guess why he didn't play that much for us this season? And now, suddenly, his military service isn't as imminent as before.

Come on guys, 1+1...

fabo

6.51 / 10
Park is one of the worst signings in recent memory. Awful. Hefty wage to sit in the stands at the weekends and play reserve football.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
May as well put him on the bench now. At least he can shoot and might play like he has something to prove. I sort of have sympathy for Chamakh but at the end of the day he'll never score and he looks like a guy that wants out.

fabo

6.51 / 10
That's the worrying thing, Wenger seems to have more faith in Chamakh. Although I think that's partially because he doesn't believe Park can lead the line while we have seen Chamakh do it competently(admittedly a long time ago).

We have to revamp the CF position this Summer anyway, but I don't think people's predictions about both leaving will come to fruition. IMO one at best but regardless, we cannot have either as 2nd choice CF. That's just too close to the first-team.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Oh ffs, this news means we have to pay another 2 million!

Agreed fabo and i think Wenger knows it. I reckon Podolski and a back-up striker will arrive at the very least this summer.

fabo

6.51 / 10
I think we might even go cheaper than that tbh........:lol:

Podolski in as LWF/back-up CF and one of Park/Chamakh kept as 3rd choice CF. Chamakh would be an expensive 3rd choice I'm guessing, no doubt he's earning significantly more than Park.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I dont know why wenger have faith in chamakh this lad cant do nothing no pace no control no shot, at least park have some pace have decent shot and he is a good finsher too.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
ebouenolike said:
Watching Gnabry live is interesting, he's always on the move trying to find space. A very promising player.

Yeah he looks a real deal very skillful and great passes plus his body looks so strong. if he keep it up wenger will call him next year for the cup games.

Vela

Established Member
Arsenal Reserves are playing tomorrow against Liverpool Reserves, Abou Diaby is starting for Arsenal. It is live on Liverpool TV so there should be a stream to watch the match live.

Kick Off is 2:00PM tomorrow, should be a stream for the match in the link below.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.firstrowsports.eu/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.firstrowsports.eu/</a>

ricky1985

Established Member
ebouenolike said:
Ahh - gotcha. I was there too, I bet you appreciated the round of applause to Ches as much as I did?

And yeh, pretty spot on with everything, Chamakh is bloody pathetic. However I refuse to be one of the mugs at Underhill moaning all game.
Yep, was nice, Ches was (predictably) loving it too.

And there's been enough to moan about when watching the first team until recently, without moaning about a reserve match!

On reflection, I think Jenkinson was the one that most impressed me when watching so close-up. He really is a physical specimen.

Gnabry showed his class a load of times, but definitely tired towards the end. Can't get enough of watching the kid at the moment though, genuinely think he's about as good as I've seen for us at youth/reserve level.

ebouenolike

Established Member
Agreed. At Underhill you're so close to the action that you tend to get a good look at what's going on.

Yep. Loved Jenkinson's contribution too, he was up and down all game, never tired and put in some decent crosses. Santos too was a constant bundle of energy, and it was a bit of a shame that Chamakh looked so out of sorts as their balls into the box were near enough pointless.

I remember watching Wilshere for the reserves, and for the first team in pre season years ago, and Gnabry really isn't a million miles away from that standard. It's the fact that every touch is meant and improves the situation, the raw pace and the intelligent movement. It's incredibly exciting, and ridiculous considering we have Ox and Ryo already lighting up the Premier League currently.

P.S. I really like how we're using the reserves at the moment. A good mix of experience and youth, and it's seeming to pay off in the performances of some of the younger players.

ricky1985

Established Member
I like the new approach we have to the reserves as well. And it definitely Sp**s on the young players. How could playing with a guy that has turned out 25 times for Brazil not be a good experience for the young guys that played the other night?

Jack had a touch of genius about him in the reserves that really marked him out as something really special, Gnabry is a little different - he is just so skilled right across the board. I don't think there's a weak part of his game, and he has truly top class pace and technique for his age. He also seems to really understand the game; where to move and how to find space and hurt teams. He will play in our first team.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom