• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,158,127

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Aneke and Afobe still aren't regulars for the U19s mate and I agree unless you prove it in your loan spell its very hard to make it at Arsenal

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
wilshere, Walcott, Chamberlain, Jenkinson, Ramsey, Gibbs who can accuse wenger of being Anti-British now, but oddly enough don't hear any report on this ...

evoh_1

Established Member
jmsmtthw28 said:
Aneke and Afobe still aren't regulars for the U19s mate and I agree unless you prove it in your loan spell its very hard to make it at Arsenal

Aneke is unsure of representing nigeria or england and I have heard thats why he hasn't been used in the youth setup as much, plus he seems the sort of players that is wasted in a **** lower league side as his passes don't get picked up as well. If Aneke could get some stamina and pace to his game he would be a real option as at teh moment he is a bit riquelme like with his work rate.

Vela

Established Member
At the moment it looks like Gnabry is the closet player from the U21 squad to the first-team. AW mentioned Eisfeld isn't ready physically enough yet, something he needs to improve on. I think it's the same with Olsson as well.

Bellerin has improved a lot defensively this season. Toral is getting back to his best after his latest injury doing well goalscoring wise for the U18's so far this season. When Wilshere is back in the first-team Toral will be starting for the U21's again.

Chuba Akpom hasn't looked out of place in the U21's league so far this season or in the NextGen. He's done well, when you think he's only 16 years old. He is a goalscorer it just hasn't happened yet this season for him. I don't know if he's suited to playing the alone role because he has played out-wide and in the number ten before.

When Sagna get's back playing again for the first-team I think Yennaris will be allowed to go out on loan. The likes of Meade and Hajrovic will go out on loan when offers come in for them IMO.

When one of Fabianski or WS is back then Martinez/Shea I think will go out on loan. Interesting what happens to Ignasi Miquel, I still think a Championship loan this season would be ideal.

Vela

Established Member
Wilshere, Frimpong and Sagna are expected to start for the U21's tomorrow against Reading U21's at Underhill. Sagna will play 60 minutes, that's what AW said at his press conference last week. No news on how long Wilshere will play though, I don't know if he's capable of lasting a whole match yet.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Vela said:
Wilshere, Frimpong and Sagna are expected to start for the U21's tomorrow against Reading U21's at Underhill. Sagna will play 60 minutes, that's what AW said at his press conference last week. No news on how long Wilshere will play though, I don't know if he's capable of lasting a whole match yet.
I think Frimpong will play the full game barring injury but Wilshere, Sagna should both play at max 60 mins

evoh_1

Established Member
Its either arsenal supporters trust meeting tonight or U-21s vs reading? gonna have to go with the actual football which is a shame as they could have found a day when no arsenal team was playing to hold the meeting.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Sagna Played 60min and jack played 70min both put a solid performance according to @arsenal live. the game finished 2-0 for gunners.

musicmonkey

Established Member
Reading the report on arsenal.com Frimpong also got a full 90 minutes. Gnabry was the stand out man supposedly and Akpom grabbed a headed goal from a corner. Looks like Wilshere played at CAM, could just be down to wanting to get Frimpong and Coquelin time but maybe just a little hint at where he'll play for the first team?

leo_ense

Established Member
musicmonkey said:
Reading the report on arsenal.com Frimpong also got a full 90 minutes. Gnabry was the stand out man supposedly and Akpom grabbed a headed goal from a corner. Looks like Wilshere played at CAM, could just be down to wanting to get Frimpong and Coquelin time but maybe just a little hint at where he'll play for the first team?

Future position for sure. But as things stand he is in no position to claim the CAM spot ahead of Cazorla. IMO he should be used in one of the deeper two midfield roles and rotated with Cazorla when he needs to be rested.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I don't think so, he won't play enough at CAM for me. Santi is World Class in that position and we shouldn't drop/ move him to accommodate anyone, even our beloved Jack.

He'll rotate with Diaby and Rambo, whilst Santi will rotate with Rozza and Arsh. That's the way I see it.

Best depth in midfield we've had in ages.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Cazorla best position is CAM we should never change cazorla position, wilshere will play in the same position when he was playing at 2010/2011 season, he will replace diaby when he comeback to first team.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I wont mind moving cazorla on the right if wenger wanted to fit Arteta, Diaby, Wilshere, Cazorla in the same team

evoh_1

Established Member
cazorla shouldn't be moved for wilshere. Remember that jack hasn't played the role cazorla is playing since he was in the reserves and its best to give him the role of wide mid or the ball winner role.

I can see a midfield with arteta and diaby sitting, cazorla as a CAM, podolski left and wilshere on the right being very balanced.

Tonight jack grew into the game second half, he is about 180 minutes away from first team action, frimpong had a good game especially second half while coquelin didn't really do anything good or bad.

Akpom could have had a hatrick and gnarby was OK but not spectacular apart from his goal but still very promising from him as everytime I watch him he looks to dangerous and improved from teh last time.

Miquel was composed and Sead Hajroviv has a really good quality outing and made interceptions and important tackles all game.

Sagna looked ****ed out there today but was good to see him back but he is a long long way from the first team with how jenkinson is playing and how fatigued he looked from 30 mins on.

No one else really stood out.

Wenger and Bould were in attendence as was martin keown and philip senderos for some reason. Mannone and Carl Jenkinson watched the match as well so its nice to see some of the first teamers watching on, to be honest we filled the 2/3 of the stadium they let us in so it was a good turn out all round.

Vela

Established Member
Good to see the U21's get back to winning ways. With Sagna, Wilshere and Frimpong all playing as well. Was surprised Santos and Coquelin played but probably get there match fitness up. Akpom scoring his first goal at U21's level and it sounds like Gnabry impressed like he normally does.

There isn't an U21's game until 22 Oct, I wouldn't rule out a behind closed friendly next week though.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom