• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Giorgio Chiellini

Soler

Established Member
Got this off the sportslife rumours list for Sunday:

Arsène Wenger will move for Juventus left-back Giorgio Chiellini if he loses Ashley Cole in the summer. (Daily Star)

Chiellini wasn't too bad against us when he came on at Highbury and at the Delle Empty. He's 22 in August, so he's not exactly old. However, I don't think Cole is leaving anyway.

I'll see if I can find a link.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Re: Giorgio Chiellini.

Soler said:
However, I don't think Cole is leaving anyway.

Arsenal are threatening to take legal action against Ashley Cole over a the defender's forthcoming controversial autobiography. (Mirror)

Soler

Established Member
Maybe not then ...

Although I normally clean my arse with The Mirror.

Can someone tell me is Chiellini a dual Left Back/ Centre Back? because I am fairly certain in one of the games against us he was due to play as a CB?

A strong tackler, if I remember. (Diplomatic) :lol:

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I think Chiellini is someone we could get quite easily regardless of weather Juventus get relegated. He only played 20 times for Juve this season.

Soler

Established Member
peopleprogress said:
Can someone tell me is Chiellini a dual Left Back/ Centre Back? because I am fairly certain in one of the games against us he was due to play as a CB?

I'm fairly certain I saw him fill in at CB for Fiorentina two seasons ago. He's not on the short side, he is 186cm (taller than Kolo actually) so I think he has the attributes to play in the centre if utterly needed.

I wouldn't say no to him as a signing. Solid LB but with the ability of playing central - could kill two birds with one stone with this signing, if it is true.

Lord Dula

Established Member
I seem to remember the commentator saying he's doing a degree or something. Hope he's finished or not too much of a nerdlinger that he'd stay put until he's finished his studies, again, were we to make an approach.

luma

he didnt make the italian world cup squad but has played some macthes for italy and he is a good tackler

otfgoon

Established Member
this guys impressed me when we played thoses guys although know little about him. Still think Cashly will stay.

Wenger14

Established Member
The only way Cole won't be with us next season is if he is sold off and asked to leave. And I honestly can't see that happening either.

kamikaze80

Established Member
and whos behind clichy? flamini? if ash were to leave, we would need another dedicated leftback.

but i think ash will stay.

Mostarac

Established Member
Good and talented young player which Juventus will want to keep. This season, Capello moved Zambrotta to the right in order to accomodate Chiellini at left-back, that says a bit about how much they trust Chiellini. As a player, he is not too fast, but strong and technically good. Likes to get forward aswell, and his positioning is improving constantly. Can also play in central defence, but his main strenght is as a left-back. Was Italy`s best player together with Canini and Bovo in the recent U-21 European Championship. When Zambrotta retires, this guy will be Italy`s next left-back. Even though Fiorentina were awful in 2004/2005, he was excellent.

Amadeor

y does the press still go on about cole leaving he said he would stay maning not leaving this summer although i would like 2 c him cos he is a good player what would happen 2 clichy he wud be on the bench all the time and imo clichy is a perfect replacement for cole oh flamini is also an able lb so i wouldn't take it as an offer

oh by the way i think zambrotta plays rb for italy so i don't c y chiellini isn't the first choice lb

Text speak. Moderators, please delete.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001
Top Bottom