• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gonzalo Higuain

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Wouldn't say no. He knows where the goal is, one of the most versatile finishers in the game IMO, and is adept enough as an all-round player to supplement that, particularly when it comes to movement in the final 3rd.

Only concern is historically he isn't the man for the big occasion, but it is possible that can be mitigated.

There doesn't seem to be any link though so I doubt Higuain to Arsenal is a thing, not like 2013 anyway :lol:

Tricolore

If he's available (which I doubt to be fair), we are not in position to say No, he's probably the best we can get this summer.

Bananacoffee

Wasn't impressed with him before this season. Looked fat and uninspired in all honesty.

However this year he's a different beast, I've watched a ton of Serie A and he's not only scored goals but also improved his overall game massively. Napoli are a good side, lots of talent and a good concept, think Higuain would fit in perfectly here.

Should be our top priority, however with the season he's had he can probably pick and choose to go wherever he wants.

MagicalRozza

I saw him live against Legia Warsaw last year. He only came for the last 10 minutes of the game or so but man, did he make his presence noticeable:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Should have got him when he left Madrid. How a player of that ilk, just hitting his prime, becomes available for a reasonable price and Wenger does nothing but sit back and watch him join a mediocre club like Napoli is simply another in a long line of sackable offences by le professor.
He was too busy losing a pissing contest with Liverpool over Suarez.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
He is gettable, we should be able to get him, but we won't be getting him for the obvious reasons.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
If we're willing to pay big bucks, we can get him. I'd bet there are a number of other clubs willing to do this too. He's been a monster this year.

£50 mil (about 65mil euros) for Higuain, flog Giroud/Theo for 15 mil. Happy days.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Should have got him when he left Madrid. How a player of that ilk, just hitting his prime, becomes available for a reasonable price and Wenger does nothing but sit back and watch him join a mediocre club like Napoli is simply another in a long line of sackable offences by le professor.

It was just unfortunate timelines. By the time we had been told about the supposed Suarez release clause Higuain was already been completed.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Worst case scenario. He has two stand out seasons before age becoming a factor and falling to Giroud level numbers like RVP.

Actually the worst case is he flops completely….

nicky47

Established Member
I remember clear as day when we were strongly linked to Higuain and there were sooo many complaining about the price, his speed, calling him a bottler. Now it's Wenger's fault we didn't get him sooner, haha.

Anyway, he's had an amazing season, good on him. Can't see him leaving Napoli for some time now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom