• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
You lost me here, because it's the exact opposite.

I was talking about the swiss national team in that post. Beginning with the very first sentence because RacingPhoton was trying to make a point about Xhaka's leadership in the national team. I'm swiss, btw. which is why I took a bit of personal offense.

In the defense we have Dortmund's Akanji and Newcastles Schär. so we're pretty good there. Up top we don't have anyone really good.

Jae

I was talking about the swiss national team in that post. Beginning with the very first sentence because RacingPhoton was trying to make a point about Xhaka's leadership in the national team. I'm swiss, btw. which is why I took a bit of personal offense.

In the defense we have Dortmund's Akanji and Newcastles Schär. so we're pretty good there. Up top we don't have anyone really good.

Ah fair enough mate. Thought you were referring to Arsenal!

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Please stop talking about the swiss national team if you have no idea. Xhaka showed his leadership abilities multiple times and definitly has helped us multiple times out in other situations. Our problems lie up top.

If you're so keen on pointing out the portugal goal, how about pointing something recent as well. The 3:3 against Eriksen's demark where Xhaka managed to keep a team of very young players (as we had a lot of injuries) organized and steady. The MINUTE he also went off (injury as well, bad day). Denmark turned a 3:0 in favor of Switzerland into a 3:3 in the last 10 minutes, because nobody on the field had leadership experience.

I mean, that doesn't excuse his mistakes at Arsenal and we do need to upgrade down the line, but for ****s sake. Theres a reason he's the captain of Switzerland. And he is respected on the field by everyone.
I didn't watch that match. So I cannot comment much on that. He could command leadership in a team full of very young players as you have mentioned. To be a leader, you have need to have some credentials. For the Swiss team full of people too young, the fact that Xhaka is a senior player can help to get respect from them. But if you want to command the same level of respect in a team which already has senior players, you need to show some credentials as a player. Such brainfarts in Premier League matches don't really help.

Last edited:

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Again, not at all solely on Xhaka but in the 3 seasons he's been here, can you honestly say he's a better player now than when he arrived?

It's crazy to suggest otherwise. He keeps making the mistakes and having bad games, but his good games nowadays, games Liverpool at the Emirates last season, compared to his first season? Madness. On average he has clearly improved, not even up for debate really.

Kingofthebongo

I love how he continues to act with pride and confidence. This is what you call delusion not mental strength.

He has not learned a damned thing in the last 3 years, not one. When you mix confidence with lack of responsibility and learning from your mistakes, you get Xhaka.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
He is the worst midfielder we've had in the last 20 years....there I've said it, even Denilson & Elneny were better

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I love how he continues to act with pride and confidence. This is what you call delusion not mental strength.

He has not learned a damned thing in the last 3 years, not one. When you mix confidence with lack of responsibility and learning from your mistakes, you get Xhaka.

He's a midfield Mustafi, he gets away with a lot more because his mistakes are not as obvious. You just never know what type of performance we will get out of him.

Doesn't offer enough going forward and the other way he is a joke.

G. Nev is absolutely killing him on the commentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis
Top Bottom