• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

It's an agenda.

Not only it is a total agenda but you have people like Big Popa and that other member, Foton, who used to bring false stats and statements just to try supporting their agenda.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Can't remember anything before that! The Anfield 89 midfield were all better on the ball and didn't **** their pants when receiving it near the oppostion.

Was Rocastle as great as he looked?

Rocky is close to the top of the list, of players I wish I got to see...

Last edited:

lomekian

Essays are my thing
15/16: Arsenal finish 2nd

25th May 2016, Arsenal sign Xhaka

16/17: Arsenal finish 5th, first time finishing outside the top 4 under Wenger.

17/18: Arsenal finish 6th

18/19: Arsenal finish 5th

19/20: Arsenal sit 9th with 2 games to go

Interesting.

Interesting in a vacuum. Neither life nor football can or do exist in a vacuum.

I can't help thinking losing all our best players from pre 2016 bar a broken down Özil may be a bigger factor than signing one midfielder who, had Santi not been unable to play for 2 years would have been a squad player.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
How far back do you go? I suppose those on here in mid 20's grew up on likes of Vieira, Gilberto, Fabregas etc. Top tier talent.
Its not the youngsters fault they never had to suffer through a central midfield of John Jensen and Steve Morrow, with David Hillier and the pre-gangrene Ian Selley as subs.

If the transition had been from them to Xhaka without the guys you mention in between, everyone would be kissing Xhaka's rear. The problem is, we hoped Xhaka might be a Swiss Manu Petit. But he lacks the physical capacity.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Can't remember anything before that! The Anfield 89 midfield were all better on the ball and didn't **** their pants when receiving it near the oppostion.

I've often wondered what Wenger could have done with Rocky and Michael Thomas. Such talented players, sadly both ruined by injury by their mid 20s

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Was Rocastle as great as he looked?

Rocky is close to the top of the list, of players I wish I got to see...

YES. OH GOD YES. There's a reason why people still sing his name. If it weren't for his knees....

Very skillful, great shot, quick, strong as an ox and utterly fearless, and worked his nuts off for the team. When he was fully fully fit, he was the perfect right sided midfielder in a 442, but he was already having knee trouble by the age of 23, which ultimately majorly reduced him as a player. For a while he was still very good in central midfield, but by 25 his knee was shot and he was sold to leeds.

A bit like Jack WIlshere talent wise, only he achieved far more for Arsenal and a bit less for England

Famously a universally popular and respected guy too. Just got the club. Loads of stories about him showing kindness to strangers too. At that time, the players seemed so much closer and more attainable, and for all the love for Adams, Vieira, Bergkamp, Henry etc, I've never known an Arsenal player as LOVED as Rocky was.

For any of us who watched him, his departure to Leeds was heartbreaking, and after almost 20 years, I still get emotional about his death.

Last edited:

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Interesting in a vacuum. Neither life nor football can or do exist in a vacuum.

I can't help thinking losing all our best players from pre 2016 bar a broken down Özil may be a bigger factor than signing one midfielder who, had Santi not been unable to play for 2 years would have been a squad player.

Santi seem to have been ****. Funny dribbler just like Pepe. Going in circles, he wouldn't be worth even to tie Xhaka boot laces. Funny player, surely don't have to compare their physicalities.

Good for free styling not professional football.

Last edited:

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Santi seem to have been ****. Funny dribbler just like Pepe. Going in circles, he wouldn't be worth even to tie Xhaka boot laces. Funny player, surely don't have to compare their physicalities.

Good for free styling not professional football.
Cazorla at an age of 35 is already outscoring and assisting more than Xhaka. He has done a lot in premier league which Xhaka can't even dream about. Speaking about funny stuff on field, can anyone even beat this clown?
If there is one person who is not fit to tie Xhaka's boot laces, it is Charlie Chaplin.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Cazorla at an age of 35 is already outscoring and assisting more than Xhaka. He has done a lot in premier league which Xhaka can't even dream about. Speaking about funny stuff on field, can anyone even beat this clown?
If there is one person who is not fit to tie Xhaka's boot laces, it is Charlie Chaplin.

What’s that soundtrack :lol:

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Xhaka isn't bad, he just isn't world class either. He's better than the likes of Guendouzi, which in the end just means that we need a complete overhaul.

The fact that we are a mediocre team for the last few years testifies to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom