• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
He served up Pepe towards the end who squandered it.

There is no win possible for Xhaka with you guys, your opinion is set in stone and nothing will change it.

Those passes are hugh risk passes so naturally he misses some, I think nothing of it, dont blame a guy for trying you know. Because att the same time you have s tantrum

Imagine it was Cazorla fluffing that sort of opportunity..... :lol:

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Maybe my anger at how we played overall that game masked it from me, I dunno. All I remember from that game was Ceballos saving us from an utter embarrassment. It was Burnley at home and we barely made it out. I was honestly disgusted at how we played.
Burnley were testing us with crosses and long balls. Leno had a tough time. But really the game was closer than it should've been. We left a couple of goals behind on the pitch. Should've made it more comfortable.

blaze_of_glory

I'm still hoping he's protecting him a bit, or he's not up to full fitness. My biggest gripe with Emery, and I've said it before, is his reliance on Xhaka.

Guendouzi can do everything Xhaka can, and is really working well on his defensive side.

I hope we figure out this midfield conundrum soon.
I think it’s gonna take us beating a big team without Xhaka and/or then going on a run without him before Emery really drops him. Emery tells players in no uncertain terms that they should leave the club, and calls out the likes of Nelson for not doing enough, but then says stuff like this about Xhaka

TakeChillPill

Established Member
The only reason I think Xhaka is in the team is because he's half decent at defensive set pieces, because torreria, ceballos, geundouzi, Özil all aren't particularly good in the air.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Nah he can easily make that ball, and really should have there. He made a much harder pass earlier this season to put someone in alone... I think it was maybe Nelson?
How he chose to make the pass made it difficult. He's aiming to just miss a defender but he hits him. I wouldn't even say it's a pass top class players make every time, and I'd be willing to cut him slack there if the rest of his game wasn't as mediocre as I think it is.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He hasn't got that sort of pass in his locker. Özil makes that pass because he sees what he has to do in an instant and uses reverse bend with his left foot all the time. If he had to use his left foot there, he could have even floated it with the outside of his boot down the middle and watched Auba win the foot race. It's Xhaka though...
It needed a bit of fade on it like this:

Xhaka just isn’t as good as Pogba. Poor footwork to get the ball trapped underneath him and then as we know he struggles with any pass that isn’t a soft curler or a raking cross field, lastly he takes like 4 touches while Pogba takes two.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I think it’s gonna take us beating a big team without Xhaka and/or then going on a run without him before Emery really drops him. Emery tells players in no uncertain terms that they should leave the club, and calls out the likes of Nelson for not doing enough, but then says stuff like this about Xhaka

Emery in then? :p

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It needed a bit of fade on it like this:

Xhaka just isn’t as good as Pogba. Poor footwork to get the ball trapped underneath him and then as we know he struggles with any pass that isn’t a soft curler or a raking cross field, lastly he takes like 4 touches while Pogba takes two.
Yep, like that. Bit of after-touch, or fade. Reminds me of me putting my spars through on goal back in the day with that same pass. Right foot like the Hubble Space Telescope.

blaze_of_glory

How he chose to make the pass made it difficult. He's aiming to just miss a defender but he hits him. I wouldn't even say it's a pass top class players make every time, and I'd be willing to cut him slack there if the rest of his game wasn't as mediocre as I think it is.
Yeah he ****ed it up because he managed to get his body position all wrong since he’s a poor dribbler.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I would like to see Xhaka replaced some time soon he commits too many fouls for my liking and he commits his fouls in dangerous places.

The penalty was obviously stupid.

But if you dont ger carded (and his card was the right call to make least we get countered), it is called cynical for a reason.

Most of his fouls were Up around the centre anyway.

Most his fouls happened when the rest of the team/midfield wasnt in formation.

Or is a foul never right in your eyes?

Of course winning the ball is the best but a foul is better then being passed.

He very often pretty much all the time imo. He is positioned correctly and shuts down his opposition/area anyway, vs Pool he was spot on in that regardless, but that is dismissed by the haterz. That area is my main gripe with Guendozi...

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Edu played with Vieira, trained with a young Cesc. This guy knows a proper midfielder. I’m hoping he taps Emery on the shoulder and ask him to reconsider starting Xhaka every week.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Yeah very true. I’m not even clear on how it’s determined. But I’ve not seen one showing us ahead, much less like people claim we were in that game.
Well if you watch the game or the highlights, you'll see we had some clear cut chances. Burnley players found themselves in good positions with their long balls but were never really able to fashion a good shooting opportunity. Even their goal came from a lucky deflection. In the 2nd half, their only good chance was a header from a set-piece by Westwood(I think?) that flew over the bar. And when you're defending a one-goal advantage you're always under the kosh a little bit towards the end. But really Leno didn't have to make a save.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

iux8newhh5k31.jpg

Played his part in this stat

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yep, like that. Bit of after-touch, or fade. Reminds me of me putting my spars through on goal back in the day with that same pass. Right foot like the Hubble Space Telescope.
You're absolutely shameless.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom