• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mwake

Watched the game to see Xhaka playing like prime Thiago for 120mins - Roma and Mourinho will be pleased by that performance

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I am not so sure. If Serie A is indeed as slow as everyone says he might fit in well. With space and time on the ball he is pretty good. It's when he is pressed or asked to turn things turn bad for him and he makes idiotic mistakes. Think the PL is the league that suits him the worst.
Dybala will tear him a new one at Juve.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I am not so sure. If Serie A is indeed as slow as everyone says he might fit in well. With space and time on the ball he is pretty good. It's when he is pressed or asked to turn things turn bad for him and he makes idiotic mistakes. Think the PL is the league that suits him the worst.
Serie A isnt at all slow, this keeps getting repeated for some strange reason. Its completely different to 10 years ago. I watch the odd match and some of the games are crazy end to end stuff. If anything the higher tempo would suit Xhaka as there would be more space for attackers to take advantage, hes also able to slow a game and set some sort of a rythm

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Serie A isnt at all slow, this keeps getting repeated for some strange reason. Its completely different to 10 years ago. I watch the odd match and some of the games are crazy end to end stuff. If anything the higher tempo would suit Xhaka as there would be more space for attackers to take advantage, hes also able to slow a game and set some sort of a rythm
Is the tempo also combined with pressing? This is where he struggles given how one footed and un-athletic he is. If he gets the ball underneath his feet or on the wrong side that’s when his problems start.

Anyhow, really wish him the best of luck and that he really gets the chance to shine in Italy as that means he is no longer on our team making mistakes and costing us games.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Is the tempo also combined with pressing? This is where he struggles given how one footed and un-athletic he is. If he gets the ball underneath his feet or on the wrong side that’s when his problems start.

Anyhow, really wish him the best of luck and that he really gets the chance to shine in Italy as that means he is no longer on our team making mistakes and costing us games.
This almost feels personal with you and him :lol:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

This almost feels personal with you and him :lol:
Think it is more overall frustration with the lack of results and him being the cause for a good chunk of it. The last straw was that pass into Chris Wood in the Burnley game in March. I have been Xhaka out for quite some time, but that was just beyond the pale to me. Put that along with all the other stupid mistakes it is just unbearable. Right now I am actually in a good place with da Xhak! He is leaving. The club wants to sell him and he wants to go, so all good!

Plus you cannot really have a personal gripe with someone you don't know. For all I know he is probably a lovely guy who is great to be around. I just don't want him playing for us and he has overstayed his welcome with a lot of fans. So good that he leaves.

I am also not objective enough about him any more and probably look for faults and mistakes. But once you really have soured on a player due to earlier mistakes it is hard to start over and be fully objective again.

Plus I really didn't like how he behaved against the fans when he through the captains armband to the ground. All football fans are a difficult lot, but Arsenal's fans are actually pretty okay as far as I know from visiting games in person. I doubt he will be treated better at Roma. He might be in for a surprise when he comes there with Mourinho and Jose is fired after 9 months or so. Actually think he'd be better off going to Juve if they want him. At least he will almost guaranteed a title.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I personally can’t wait to see who you guys single out next after Xhaka leaves and you all realise the club is still absolute dogshit.

I’m assuming the criteria is a highly paid starter? Might create a poll with

- Auba
- Lacazette
- Willian? (Doubt he will start)
- Elneny (Even though he doesn’t start)
- Other

I reckon it’s Auba. Right age, right salary, quiet captain. Reckon it’s him.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I personally can’t wait to see who you guys single out next after Xhaka leaves and you all realise the club is still absolute dogshit.

I’m assuming the criteria is a highly paid starter? Might create a poll with

- Auba
- Lacazette
- Willian? (Doubt he will start)
- Elneny (Even though he doesn’t start)
- Other

I reckon it’s Auba. Right age, right salary, quiet captain. Reckon it’s him.
More odd than the criticism of Xhaka on AM I find the extreme defense of him and e.g. Özil by a number of posters. I have arrived at the conclusion that a fair amount of it from certain posters is based on ethnicity and religion and their assumption that criticism against those players is based on racism against Muslims. That strong/blind defense regardless how poor performances are then draws a reaction by others and on the circus goes…

Therefore I doubt Auba will generate nearly as much debate on AM. He is an African Christian and will therefore not have this defense brigade at his side. His whole personality also doesn’t lend itself for dislike. He just seems like a happy go lucky guy, but we will see.

I actually think the Arteta hate on AM the most strange. I have a feeling several posters have equated him to anti-Christ. He is like Biden for the MAGA lot here in the US. At same time an absolute fool and an evil genius plotting to destroy Arsenal!

Macho

Dusted 🔻

More odd than the criticism of Xhaka on AM I find the extreme defense of him and e.g. Özil by a number of posters. I have arrived at the conclusion that a fair amount of it from certain posters is based on ethnicity and religion and their assumption that criticism against those players is based on racism against Muslims. That strong/blind defense regardless how poor performances are then draws a reaction by others and on the circus goes…

Therefore I doubt Auba will generate nearly as much debate on AM. He is an African Christian and will therefore not have this defense brigade at his side. His whole personality also doesn’t lend itself for dislike. He just seems like a happy go lucky guy, but we will see.

I actually think the Arteta hate on AM the most strange. I have a feeling several posters have equated him to anti-Christ. He is like Biden for the MAGA lot here in the US. At same time an absolute ***** and an evil genius plotting to destroy Arsenal!
I just think a group of you go around focusing on one particular player to focus your frustrations on until they leave then you move onto the next. Acting like their departure magically fixes the team.

You would think some of you would clock when Özil left and we were still a laughable club, but the Xhaka hate just intensified on these boards after one of his better individual seasons.

The team is running out of Muslims to wish away and I genuinely expect this behaviour to continue - so I personally wouldn't put it down to religion. For the majority of you anyways.

Xhaka doesn't start himself or convince himself to stay but the amount of ire his way is actually exasperating. For the record, I think we should have pulled the plug on Xhaka years ago, but the clubs problems are bigger than him - he will simply be replaced with another plodder as the way we are playing is by design not accident.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

I actually think the Arteta hate on AM the most strange. I have a feeling several posters have equated him to anti-Christ. He is like Biden for the MAGA lot here in the US. At same time an absolute fool and an evil genius plotting to destroy Arsenal!
Or it could be a simple as some people think Özil and Xhaka are actually good footballers and Mikel is rather incompetent having finished mid table.

Your religious and racist conspiracy theory because some posters don’t agree with you is a bit Trumpesque and has no place on a multi racial forum. :lol:

Edit: I think the mods should take that post down.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Can't believe Sky did this...

...the first red in this is ridiculous, never seen anyone else get sent off for that.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Or it could be a simple as some people think Özil and Xhaka are actually good footballers and Mikel is rather incompetent having finished mid table.

Your religious and racist conspiracy theory is a bit Trumpesque. :lol:
I specifically nominated Auba to take on the most hated mantel cause of his age and salary as well. If I thought it was a racial/religious ting I would have said it.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I just think a group of you go around focusing on one particular player to focus your frustrations on until they leave then you move onto the next. Acting like their departure magically fixes the team.

You would think some of you would clock when Özil left and we were still a laughable club, but the Xhaka hate just intensified on these boards after one of his better individual seasons.

The team is running out of Muslims to wish away and I genuinely expect this behaviour to continue - so I personally wouldn't put it down to religion. For the majority of you anyways.

Xhaka doesn't start himself or convince himself to stay but the amount of ire his way is actually exasperating. For the record, I think we should have pulled the plug on Xhaka years ago, but the clubs problems are bigger than him - he will simply be replaced with another plodder as the way we are playing is by design not accident.
I’m sure half the people ignorant enough to be racist towards Xhaka wouldn’t think he’s Muslim as they are ignorant and he is white and plays for Switzerland 😂

I really don’t think it’s a religion thing for most people with Xhaka. I have some Muslim arsenal fan friends who absolutely hate Xhaka (sometimes over the top). I would say that his play style really doesn’t resonate with a lot of people, especially after moving on from the likes of Santi and Wilshere to him.

I would additionally add that just like some people would be racist enough to not like a player because of their religion, sometimes you get people from that religion or ethnicity protecting players from their background. It’s obviously nowhere near as bad but can be annoying on a forum. There is someone on here who is very obviously like that on my ignore list but yeh.

I am Armenian and even though literally our best player of all time playing for the national team was here, I knew that he wasn’t playing good enough and lacked confidence. I caveated it by saying he was never really suited to the physical nature of the PL anyway, kinda should have been an AM here rather than a winger. Didn’t have the pace or explosiveness to play there. Some people will protect a terrible player to the moon though just because of the reasons I said.

But anyway I will of course say that people judging players based off race or religion is stupid and racist- and obviously worse than what I spoke about in the last couple paragraphs.

Last edited:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I don't necessarily disagree with your observations and I personally also think I have not been particularly objective regarding Xhaka, but I have said that before. Some players and their behaviour and play just grinds you the wrong way at times. For me Xhaka is one of them.

On a personal basis I think my ire will most likely turn towards Arteta if next season is as poor as last season's start.

Of the players I think Leno is the most likely to get most of the hate next season. A mistake or two and the pitch forks will be out, if they aren't already. He isn't helped by the whole Emi situation either, he is German, plus he doesn't come across as a particularly strong personality. Now that he might have voiced a wish to move on also the table is set for a hate feast on AM as far as I can tell.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I am Armenian and even though literally our best player of all time playing for the national team was here, I knew that he wasn’t playing good enough and lacked confidence. I caveated it by saying he was never really suited to the physical nature of the PL anyway, kinda should have been an AM here rather than a winger. Didn’t have the pace or explosiveness to play there. Some people will protect a terrible player to the moon though just because of the reasons I said.
I never understood why Mkhitaryan wasn't playing better / more for us? We even had Auba here whom he had partnered with very successfully with at BVB. I was hoping he would rekindle that run of form here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom