• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I never said that. I’m saying he finally has competition in those two who are both better than Xhaka.

Yeah, well only Partey is clearly better than him. Take a look at the stats I put earlier, Ceballos vs Xhaka. Not easy to tell which is better overall. Unless you're one of the guys who think "eye test" is always better than any stats.

Ceballos is a loan player and we can't bank on him to come back. So Xhaka is our 2nd best midfielder who Arteta likes.

Aren't you the guy who blaimed Xhaka for Sommer's mistake? Any comment after my response? Just strolling along after being totally wrong?

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Yeah, well only Partey is clearly better than him. Take a look at the stats I put earlier, Ceballos vs Xhaka. Not easy to tell which is better overall. Unless you're one of the guys who think "eye test" is always better than any stats.
Ceballos is a loan player and we can't bank on him to come back. So Xhaka is our 2nd best midfielder who Arteta likes.
Well statistically speaking, Jorginho is better than Xhaka. Yet, if I told you that, you would be complaining at the numbers. I can also pull out stats that make Cellabos look a lot better than Xhaka. Yes, statistics are useful but please context is needed when comparing players and the eye test is also valuable and should not be ignored.
Cellabos being a loan player will not interfere with Arteta’s plans. He picked Cellabos over Guendouzi and Torreira and they’re both our players technically. It can be true that Arteta likes Xhaka but he may also know he needs to move on from him.

Reactions: Kav

drippin

Well statistically speaking, Jorginho is better than Xhaka. Yet, if I told you that, you would be complaining at the numbers. I can also pull out stats that make Cellabos look a lot better than Xhaka. Yes, statistics are useful but please context is needed when comparing players and the eye test is also valuable and should not be ignored.
Cellabos being a loan player will not interfere with Arteta’s plans. He picked Cellabos over Guendouzi and Torreira and they’re both our players technically. It can be true that Arteta likes Xhaka but he may also know he needs to move on from him.

I'm not questioning Jorginho is similar quality player as Xhaka. He's just similar player, who would've cost a lot, and is a Chelsea player, my most "hated" club in EPL.

Willian & Luiz, or even Cech ain't got nothing on him in terms of getting a prick like feeling.

Otherwise, yeah, we'll see.

I still can't see you answering my question of you being wrong about Xhaka making a mistake in the Switzerland game. You just loved to attack him at the first chance didn't you?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I basically saved the haters from that, by copy pasting the reports of the Sommer blunder. ;)

Otherwise people would have likely blaimed Xhaka more like RunTheTrap & RacingPhoton who liked his post.

Should've maybe waited to post today.
It’s funny because when Xhaka bossed Germany people didn’t want to acknowledge the entire match but when they hear there’s a chance he made a mistake they’re read to use it to attack him. :lol:

drippin

It’s funny because when Xhaka bossed Germany people didn’t want to acknowledge the entire match but when they hear there’s a chance he made a mistake they’re read to use it to attack him. :lol:

Yeah. I watched the match and it was good performance from Xhaka. Not very good, but not nearly bad for sure.

That mistake was Sommer's for sure, who was so awkward the whole game. Just what I found from the reports later to prove my point.

I didn't expect to find those reports so clearly so fast, but was thankful so I didn't have to go to this "eye test" thing. (Which totally has its merits if there is an objective observer - almost never the case in AM. :lol:)

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

The AM classic.

I actually have minimal time for Xhaka but even I can admit this is true :lol:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

Aren't you the guy who blaimed Xhaka for Sommer's mistake? Any comment after my response? Just strolling along after being totally wrong?
As in this is true though. If you watch every minute of both of their seasons its a better judgement than stats. Unless you are attaching agenda to it.

Manberg

Predator

I like how he puts his body between the player and the ball to draw fouls. He does it so well. That's the sign of a well experienced intelligent midfielder.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade

I like how he puts his body between the player and the ball to draw fouls. He does it so well. That's the sign of a well experienced intelligent midfielder.
Why does this video even exist? It’s a nothing compilation from an obscure channel that you dug up for no reason

drippin

As in this is true though. If you watch every minute of both of their seasons its a better judgement than stats. Unless you are attaching agenda to it.

Exactly what I meant. It's so easy to see only the bad plays from the players you dislike/hate. The objectivity in these estimations is not a given, especially on AM.

There was an example I put there, when RunTheTrap blaimed Xhaka for the Germany goal at the first chance, because it fit his agenda. And he still hasn't acknowledged that he was wrong.

drippin

Why does this video even exist? It’s a nothing compilation from an obscure channel that you dug up for no reason

So salty when anyone praises Xhaka for any reason. Because there cannot be any reason why Xhaka is praised for the haters. :lol: And any praise should be attacked or questioned so those won't be shared here anymore. ;)

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
So salty when anyone praises Xhaka for any reason. Because there cannot be any reason why Xhaka is praised for the haters. :lol: And any praise should be attacked or questioned so those won't be shared here anymore. ;)
Because It's a nothing video. Let's praise people for bang average performances & doing nothing I guess

drippin

Because It's a nothing video. Let's praise people for bang average performances & doing nothing I guess

giphy.gif

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Exactly what I meant. It's so easy to see only the bad plays from the players you dislike/hate. The objectivity in these estimations is not a given, especially on AM.

There was an example I put there, when RunTheTrap blaimed Xhaka for the Germany goal at the first chance, because it fit his agenda. And he still hasn't acknowledged that he was wrong.
Yeah that can be true. But I think with Xhaka the eye test does say Ceballos has a higher ceiling, and he has been better post lockdown until now.

drippin

Yeah that can be true. But I think with Xhaka the eye test does say Ceballos has a higher ceiling, and he has been better post lockdown until now.

Sure, but others here say Xhaka only has bang average performances and does nothing on the field etc.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Sure, but others here say Xhaka only has bang average performances and does nothing on the field etc.
Yeah I disagree that he has only been bang average under Arteta. He has had some good games and was an important part of our team.

I just think going forward, long term, we can do better.

drippin

Yeah I disagree that he has only been bang average under Arteta. He has had some good games and was an important part of our team.

I just think going forward, long term, we can do better.

Like I have said, maybe we can buy Ceballos next season for something like 40 million. Then maybe Aouar for 50 million.

Xhaka would bring over 30 million, but even then we would be short with a 3 man midfield, having Elneny in a rotational role (I'm fine with him being the next choice after the rotational role of the 4th midfielder). And losing a EPL performer in favour of a player outside of EPL will bring risks in performance for the first year at least.

So it will be interesting to see how Arteta will do this. Personally I'd extend Xhaka next year like I have said, and then maybe sell him a year later when we have got enough better players, and possibly ESR stepping up.

Xhaka just turned 28, and likely can perform at top level in his role until 33 years old, with his injury record. He is a good athlete. Current deal lasts until 2023 and is on £100k per week, not that expensive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom