• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Someone mentioned it in this thread earlier, but I think Partey needs a different type of midfielder next to him to succeed.

I feel he is caught in two minds when playing next to Xhaka. Someone like Saul at Atletico got forward quite a bit to support the attack leaving Partey to act as the sole DM. Xhaka and Partey seem to get in each others way a lot of the time.
Xhaka will most often take the easy option for Xhaka. So against Olympiakos when Partey came on Partey couldn't get the ball away from himself. Anytime he tried to get Xhaka to take responsibility Xhaka pinged the ball back to him even if they were 5 yearsd away from each other. I was ready to hurl the TV out the window in frustration.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Xhaka will most often take the easy option for Xhaka. So against Olympiakos when Partey came on Partey couldn't get the ball away from himself. Anytime he tried to get Xhaka to take responsibility Xhaka pinged the ball back to him even if they were 5 yearsd away from each other. I was ready to hurl the TV out the window in frustration.
Toni Kroos would be perfect

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Xhaka has a mare > Xhaka fans defend him > Xhaka doesn’t mess up for 5 games > Xhaka the goat, new contract! > Xhaka has a mare

Please, watch some clips of Vieira and Cesc and see what an Arsenal midfielder is.
The Xhaka bar is so low I feel I could almost clear it at times, and I have two busted knees after ACL surgeries on both knees, one torn patella tendon and literally cannot run anymore.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

But twisting that into *Him being our best midfielder is the reason we're 10th* is wrong. Xhaka isn't responsible for everything wrong or positive at this club.
But how can it be that since he came here we haven't been making top 4? I hope you see some correlation and even some causation. He has been at the heart of our team all this time. Yes, it isn't all on him, but he is a large and consistent part of the problem. Better players around him help but it will not improve him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The Xhaka bar is so low I feel I could almost clear it at times, and I have two busted knees after ACL surgeries on both knees, one torn patella tendon and literally cannot run anymore.
The bar is not low you just over do it. He's not better than Partey, but he's better than Elneny, Ceballos, Torreira and Guendouzi.

If he was that bad then Arteta would have said screw it and developed AMN or Willock in his place probably but he hasn't and he keeps picking him instead.

Arteta and Xhaka are the same, they are both not great but they keep doing enough to keep doing what they are doing, so we just have to accept it. In a way they deserve each other. We also as a fanbase deserve to watch this sh*t, so take it to the chest.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

The bar is not low you just over do it. He's not better than Partey, but he's better than Elneny, Ceballos, Torreira and Guendouzi.

If he was that bad then Arteta would have said screw it and developed AMN or Willock in his place probably but he hasn't and he keeps picking him instead.

Arteta and Xhaka are the same, they are both not great but they keep doing enough to keep doing what they are doing, so we just have to accept it. In a way they deserve each other. We also as a fanbase deserve to watch this sh*t, so take it to the chest.
I trust you know it was written tongue in check.... But regardless I don’t rate Xhaka over our other CM options. Arteta clearly does but I think this in the end can be his undoing and it will definitely hold us back.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Whether you rate him or not, he's got to be the player with the strongest mental resilience at Arsenal.

He's never going to be my type of player but I have developed a respect for him this season.
I’m not sure how much of it is mental resilience or just plain arrogance... which can also be a marvellous tool! 😆 Either way, he definitely just ploughs on regardless when others may struggle, and that’s very handy. I’d even go as far to say that it’s a quality!

GDeep™

League is very weak
By FAR our best midfielder this season.

Again, he isn’t the issue, the issue is the lack of other options. We need two more CM’s to go with Xhaka and Partey.

Outside those two, our options are absolute trash.

Xorspy

Hopefully we can get Ndicka, who would be an excellent backup for Xhaka/partner for Partey, and also backup for Tierney being left footed, not to mention star as centre back as well. Ndicka would be a great addition to the team that could outshine Xhaka easily.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Hopefully we can get Ndicka, who would be an excellent backup for Xhaka/partner for Partey, and also backup for Tierney being left footed, not to mention star as centre back as well. Ndicka would be a great addition to the team that could outshine Xhaka easily.
Isn't he a CB?

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I’m not sure how much of it is mental resilience or just plain arrogance... which can also be a marvellous tool! 😆 Either way, he definitely just ploughs on regardless when others may struggle, and that’s very handy. I’d even go as far to say that it’s a quality!
"Yeah I made a mistake. But that's football"
- From the player who has made the most errors leading to goal since joining.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
5725' 4724' 4552' 4089' 4508'.

Minutes played by Xhaka last 5 seasons. 4508' this season and counting.

he has played 224 matches and scored 13 goals.

This is during a period of turmoil and change at arsenal, with ****ish owners taking full control, xenophobic brexity atmosphere at its peak and an era coming to an end, as a great legend stopped carrying the club and handed it on. Mikel had to convince him to stay on, knowing how vital he is to the midfield.

he told the whiny incel abusive so-called fans to fk off...and they hate him ever since.... keep taking potshots at him, as if they have any power to hurt him. Its really pathetic. There are a couple of posts above trying to snipe and police this forum and thread, to prevent any praise or appreciation for Xhaka. Its a shame how haters come to dominate fan forums.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

5725' 4724' 4552' 4089' 4508'.

Minutes played by Xhaka last 5 seasons. 4508' this season and counting.

he has played 224 matches and scored 13 goals.

This is during a period of turmoil and change at arsenal, with ****ish owners taking full control, xenophobic brexity atmosphere at its peak and an era coming to an end, as a great legend stopped carrying the club and handed it on. Mikel had to convince him to stay on, knowing how vital he is to the midfield.

he told the whiny incel abusive so-called fans to fk off...and they hate him ever since.... keep taking potshots at him, as if they have any power to hurt him. Its really pathetic. There are a couple of posts above trying to snipe and police this forum and thread, to prevent any praise or appreciation for Xhaka. Its a shame how haters come to dominate fan forums.
Piss off.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

By FAR our best midfielder this season.

Again, he isn’t the issue, the issue is the lack of other options. We need two more CM’s to go with Xhaka and Partey.

Outside those two, our options are absolute trash.

Who would you recommend, boss?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Yes he is, but being left footed, Arteta wants to use him as Xhaka cover and Tierney back up . He is that versatile as he can also play defensive midfielder and left. His agent is the same as Pepe and Bissouma
He is talk at 1.93cm if I read correctly. Why not if he doesn’t cost a fortune. Same agent as Pepe doesn’t bode well though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom