• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Breezy ®

He's just so slow on the ball. His right foot is absolutely useless, he takes an age to get the ball under control and shifted to his left and so many potential moves go awry because of it. To be quite honest, outside of the fact that we have no better partner for Gabriel, I don't see why Luiz doesn't get his role. He does everything Xhaka does better and with more fluidity except his free kicks are worse.

Luiz takes an eternity to advance the ball forward at the back. And you want to replace one slow liability for another in midfield?

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Whether you rate Xhaka or not, I just cannot understand Arteta’s refusal to ever change him unless forced to. He routinely sees at least 10% more of the ball than anyone else, so his efficacy and pass selection has a bigger impact on our game than anyone else.
i think he is the only one who hasnt really got much of a break/time off. The international break should help him. Saka, Tierney and Luiz look like they probably need a breather too.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Luiz takes an eternity to advance the ball forward at the back. And you want to replace one slow liability for another in midfield?
Luiz takes time to advance the ball because he's looking to play it long. He doesn't spin in circles like a sad humvee to make a 5 yard lateral pass. Luiz has always been a better midfielder than central defender.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Xhaka form has dropped dramatically since Partey has come back from injury and has been partnered with him.

Mitch

Dropped dramatically from what? Partey was balling out in the CL and a title challenging midfield.

Xhaka had his worst form since being with early part of the season then had several month of prodcluxing his best form with us. Partey has struggled to adapt PL and has been poor with us so far unfortunately.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Xhaka had his worst form since being with early part of the season then had several month of prodcluxing his best form with us. Partey has struggled to adapt PL and has been poor with us so far unfortunately.
Struggled to adapt to the PL? 🤣 The guy was playing against teams like Barcelona, Madrid and Bayern between La Liga and the CL and you think dreck like West Ham are causing him problems. He's been struggling with fitness and rhythm. It has absolutely nothing to do with the opposition. What an absurd claim.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Whether you rate Xhaka or not, I just cannot understand Arteta’s refusal to ever change him unless forced to. He routinely sees at least 10% more of the ball than anyone else, so his efficacy and pass selection has a bigger impact on our game than anyone else.
This is one of the biggest problems I have with Arteta, that he is playing this bum week in and week out. Xhaka is such poverty on the ball unless there is absolutely no pressure. If we are pressured he will hide and let anyone else take responsibility. Hope today was an eye opener finally for Arteta!

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
This is one of the biggest problems I have with Arteta, that he is playing this bum week in and week out. Xhaka is such poverty on the ball unless there is absolutely no pressure. If we are pressured he will hide and let anyone else take responsibility. Hope today was an eye opener finally for Arteta!
There were at least 10 eye openers since Arteta took over, yet the guy still starts every game

Pop Tart

Established Member
He is a player of limitations but has a decent season. He is tired out and could do with a rest. Is he who I want going forward in future seasons? No but he is not utter **** either

Mitch

Struggled to adapt to the PL? 🤣 The guy was playing against teams like Barcelona, Madrid and Bayern between La Liga and the CL and you think dreck like West Ham are causing him problems. He's been struggling with fitness and rhythm. It has absolutely nothing to do with the opposition. What an absurd claim.

Yeah because players who have played well aboard and in European competions haven't struggled repelicating that form in the PL before? Well Veron, Shevchenko, Falacao, Higuain, Deco, Baptista, Bayakao, Schweinsteiger, Morienties and Quresma are just a few I can think of off the top of my head.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

There were at least 10 eye openers since Arteta took over, yet the guy still starts every game
I honestly do not get it, but there we are. Clearly Xhaka does things that Arteta thinks are worth having him on the pitch for. Let's see if it continues. Hope he decides to 'rest' Xhaka for a couple of games and gives someone else some game time. Either in a 433 or 4231 formation. I just want someone else starting in his place, like anyone!

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Xhaka form has dropped dramatically since Partey has come back from injury and has been partnered with him.
A couple of weeks ago people were saying Partey brings out the best of Xhaka and comparing him to Xhaka’s Swiss colleague Zakaria. So now you’re saying Xhaka’s form has now dropped because of Partey? Personally, I feel like Xhaka was fatigued today.
I understand football is a team sport and partnerships matter but I’ve seen this sort of stuff happen too many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom