• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Sorry working most of the day didn't expect so many negative reactions to what was, I believe, a rational take.

Play to the required level….

Let’s replace our current team with the 2018-2019 one and he still wouldn’t.

Again, no he wasn’t **** for 6 years and magically evolved into what he’s now. He’s improved and adapted, but his qualities he had before.

Saying that is not re-writing history. Again Mourinho and Vieira didn’t praise him out of nowhere nor did our managers play him because he got pics of em’.

Not like he got rid of his weaknesses either. He’s still not explosive, he’s just able to pick up pace now which he’s good at. Still wouldn’t want him having to stop the last man.

Yes, he didn't play to the required level? Who cares about ifs and buts and the "team around him." That's an argument you can make for any player.

You even say he adapted and improved-meaning now he's playing at the required level. Before, he wasn't.
He has always played at a pretty good level, giving his all, having to play so many minutes it would tire most players and affect their performances.

It's mostly his stupid mistakes and red cards that have not been at the required level.

And because of these mistakes, his haters can never see the good things he does on the pitch, which skews the "eye test".

Giving is all isn't playing at a pretty good level. His level was mediocre, you could argue he was wrongly utilized, adapting, head not there, blah blah but he didn't play well and if he left in 2020 nobody would remember him fondly bar a few fanboys. Luckily, he stayed and Arteta found him a position.
He’s been one of our best and most consistent players since he arrived.
Since the 2nd half of last season he’s been an 8. You see him as performing better because you understand his role there. As most people in England, you don’t understand the role of a regista. And Xhaka was always an excellent regista and it’s the role he still plays for Switzerland too.

If the role of regista means turning like a tanker in Suez Kanal being ran over in midfield and giving the ball away in crucial positions then yeah I don't understand it.

But kudos to both him and Arteta for reinventing his role in the club and he grew into a pivotal part of what's one of the most exciting teams in the PL. What's more that's a praise on his mental fortitude to overcome everything and come out stronger.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Giving is all isn't playing at a pretty good level. His level was mediocre, you could argue he was wrongly utilized, adapting, head not there, blah blah but he didn't play well and if he left in 2020 nobody would remember him fondly bar a few fanboys. Luckily, he stayed and Arteta found him a position.
I didn't say giving his all is playing at a pretty good level. His level wasn't mediocre. He was one of the best midfielders we had after Cazorla got injured, like Ramsey and Wilshere too. His big mistakes lowered his level, but I don't still think he has ever been mediocre.

We just have to disagree that he was mediocre. I can't turn the heads of his haters (not saying you are as you seem to compliment him here also.)

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
I didn't say giving his all is playing at a pretty good level. His level wasn't mediocre. He was one of the best midfielders we had after Cazorla got injured, like Ramsey and Wilshere too. His big mistakes lowered his level, but I don't still think he has ever been mediocre.

We just have to disagree that he was mediocre. I can't turn the heads of his haters (not saying you are as you seem to compliment him here also.)

Yep, probably we'll have to agree to disagree.

From my point of view, Xhaka's career up until Arteta pushed him to B2B role wasn't praise worthy. Don't understand how anyone can say he was quality at the role he played before...

I mean nobody said he was a bad player. On the contrary, I was over the moon when we signed him. He just wasn't good for us at the time. Now it is... and everyone's happy. :D

drippin

Yep, probably we'll have to agree to disagree.

From my point of view, Xhaka's career up until Arteta pushed him to B2B role wasn't praise worthy. Don't understand how anyone can say he was quality at the role he played before...

I mean nobody said he was a bad player. On the contrary, I was over the moon when we signed him. He just wasn't good for us at the time. Now it is... and everyone's happy. :D
My point was that Xhaka was maybe our best midfielder of the bunch, and he has had to play with not so good players, covering them etc. Not counting injury-prone Cazorla and Ramsey, but even with them he had to do the defensive stuff too much. You have also Özil there who has the reputation of not defending enough, as opposite to Ødegaard who clearly does.

This was a point regarding some people always mentioning how Xhaka is the reason we have been out of top 4 through his time here, because he has been the constant.

When in my opinion it's more like the opposite, and now with better players around him he can shine.

It's weird how United and Arsenal have neglected their midfield for ages, trusting injury-prone players or not good enough players. We should always have got better partners for him in midfield.

drippin

Pretty funny how immediately after the huddle were everyone reminded themselves to stay calm, we lost our heads and structure until halftime :lol:
Heh yeah, but still he said to them that they will score more, stay calm.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Did he get substituted as a precaution?

In 2nd half he looked to be running in pain as he was visibly way slower than the opponents.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Did he get substituted as a precaution?

In 2nd half he looked to be running in pain as he was visibly way slower than the opponents.
Wondered about that myself. Hopefully and likely just fatique.

Think he looked a bit tired all game tbh. Was visibly unhappy with himself after getting the yellow.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Glad we took him off early yes of course it's was to save him for league games. He had very good game too.

Think he won't mind to play 90 minutes all games he machine in that regard but better not risk it we have no many midfielders

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
He looked a bit tired. Still played well though. Can’t fault his 2 efforts on goal they were well saved.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Apparently he's had more touches of the ball inside the 18 yard box than Son.

Wonderfully hilarious!

My source at the club has told me that Granit has a ton more winners medals than Son too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom