• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Errors leading to goals is a bs stat. It may be most for an outfield player (goalkeepers have more) since 2016 but it doesn’t mean he makes a lot of errors at all. His total number of errors (misplaced passes+turnovers/dispossessions) is and has always been very low for the total number of actions (passes/dribbles) that he makes. That’s what clubs look at.

Errors leading to goals is a social media stat designed to make people look bad. Ofcourse his will be the highest for 3 reasons:
1) He’s played amongst the players with the most minutes in the league since 2016/2017.
2) His role as deep lying playmaker making many short passes out the back, in a team who plays out the back albeit for most of his time here his teammates didn’t do it well until now.
3) Contrary to popular belief, he is a risk taker he doesn’t always take the safe option such as hoofing it long.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

No the most in EPL history is Begovic with 27, Petr Cech the 2nd most with 24.

Xhaka has 8.

Filter all seasons
Then it must have been out of outfield players, which would make sense because the differences are that huge.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Xhaka is here for five years and this and the 2nd half of last season as the first where you could say he plays on a required level for the club's aspirations. Let's hope he keeps it up and let's not rewrite history and focus on the future.

He’s been one of our best and most consistent players since he arrived.
Since the 2nd half of last season he’s been an 8. You see him as performing better because you understand his role there. As most people in England, you don’t understand the role of a regista. And Xhaka was always an excellent regista and it’s the role he still plays for Switzerland too.

drippin

Xhaka is here for five years and this and the 2nd half of last season as the first where you could say he plays on a required level for the club's aspirations. Let's hope he keeps it up and let's not rewrite history and focus on the future.
He has always played at a pretty good level, giving his all, having to play so many minutes it would tire most players and affect their performances.

It's mostly his stupid mistakes and red cards that have not been at the required level.

And because of these mistakes, his haters can never see the good things he does on the pitch, which skews the "eye test".

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Play to the required level….

Let’s replace our current team with the 2018-2019 one and he still wouldn’t.

Again, no he wasn’t **** for 6 years and magically evolved into what he’s now. He’s improved and adapted, but his qualities he had before.

Saying that is not re-writing history. Again Mourinho and Vieira didn’t praise him out of nowhere nor did our managers play him because he got pics of em’.

Not like he got rid of his weaknesses either. He’s still not explosive, he’s just able to pick up pace now which he’s good at. Still wouldn’t want him having to stop the last man.

Last edited:

drippin

Play to the required level….

Let’s replace our current team with the 2018-2019 one and he still wouldn’t.

Again, no he wasn’t **** for 6 years and magically evolved into what he’s now. He’s improved and adapted, but his qualities he had before.

Saying that is not re-writing history.
This is exactly what I thought. People always say how we have been bad since he has been here, and he has been the "constant".

Well he has been a constant because he has better and more certain level than most of the players he has been in the midfield with.

Compare for example playing with very young Guendouzi/Willock or maybe Ceballos/Torreira and past it Özil, to playing with now adapted Ødegaard & Partey. It's a night and day difference, and he can now flourish as he doesn't have to take care of everything.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
He’s been one of our best and most consistent players since he arrived.
Since the 2nd half of last season he’s been an 8. You see him as performing better because you understand his role there. As most people in England, you don’t understand the role of a regista. And Xhaka was always an excellent regista and it’s the role he still plays for Switzerland too.
I think it's hard to judge some of his qualities because he has gotten so many red cards and given so many penalties. Like he was a good player most of the time, but he has lost several matches for us single handedly, and often by doing really stupid things.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Errors leading to a goal, what a bs stat and apparently Xhaka has most in PL history with 8. Do these include penalties conceded or just misplaced passes/interceptions etc... which when overturned lead to a goal.
Going by that token, then Saka also has an error leading to a goal, because he lost possession at edge of Sp**s box 🤷🏻‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

If that is some stat, then how do you consider an own goal? Because Carragher is known to have scored more own goals against Liverpool than goals for Liverpool. He has like 9 own goals iirc.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Errors leading to a goal, what a bs stat and apparently Xhaka has most in PL history with 8. Do these include penalties conceded or just misplaced passes/interceptions etc... which when overturned lead to a goal.
Going by that token, then Saka also has an error leading to a goal, because he lost possession at edge of Sp**s box 🤷🏻‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

If that is some stat, then how do you consider an own goal? Because Carragher is known to have scored more own goals against Liverpool than goals for Liverpool. He has like 9 own goals iirc.
Don't know about that stat, but Xhaka has given away 6 pens for arsenal, In PL. He's a midfielder lol. Not sure in all comps tho

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
I think it's hard to judge some of his qualities because he has gotten so many red cards and given so many penalties. Like he was a good player most of the time, but he has lost several matches for us single handedly, and often by doing really stupid things.

6 penalties conceded and 4 red cards in around 200 games is very little though. Over 7 years, playing nearly every game and in that key position… it’s not much at all. I don’t get why people think he’s this liability off of these stats. They wanted Tielemans who conceded 4 penalties last season alone!!

News reports use the phrase “most in the premier league since….” and people lose it. Look at the underlying numbers. Doesn’t Sergio Ramos have 27 red cards? Doesn’t get called a liability but Xhaka with 4 or 5 does…

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

6 penalties conceded and 4 red cards in around 200 games is very little though. Over 7 years, playing nearly every game and in that key position… it’s not much at all. I don’t get why people think he’s this liability off of these stats. They wanted Tielemans who conceded 4 penalties last season alone!!

News reports use the phrase “most in the premier league since….” and people lose it. Look at the underlying numbers. Doesn’t Sergio Ramos have 27 red cards? Doesn’t get called a liability but Xhaka with 4 does…
I mean It's probably close to a record for a midfielder in premier league. It really isn't little. Can't imagine many if any midfielders conceding 6 penalties. I'm not defending people wanting Tielemans.

I can't speak for others, but if we had a defender that had 21 red cards i'd be absolutely fuuuuming.

Either way, my point is, if he didnt conede all the pens and gotten the stupid reds people would have it easier rating his skills.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
I mean It's probably close to a record for a midfielder in premier league. It really isn't little. Can't imagine many if any midfielders conceding 6 penalties. I'm not defending people wanting Tielemans.

I can't speak for others, but if we had a defender that had 21 red cards i'd be absolutely fuuuuming.

Either way, my point is, if he didnt conede all the pens and gotten the stupid reds people would have it easier rating his skills.

But it is little. How many midfielders have played as many games in the premier league as he has since 2016-2017?
Fernandinho had the same number of red cards (4) before leaving City.
I can go far back and tell you that Vieira had 8 red cards in the same time that Xhaka got 4.
6 penalties in all that time is also little. Need I remind people that Ødegaard conceded 2 penalties last season in the league? So Ødegaard has conceded more penalties per game than Xhaka.

This is how these news reports trick people. They use total numbers. A much more accurate method would be to do it per game, but people fall for the bait.

Therefore, even going by stats, Xhaka is not a liability at all and never was. The narrative is completely false. I haven’t even mentioned that some of the reds and penalties Xhaka got are completely bogus in mine and other people’s opinions.

drippin

But it is little. How many midfielders have played as many games in the premier league as he has since 2016-2017?
I can go far back and tell you that Vieira had 8 red cards in the same time that Xhaka got 4.
6 penalties in all that time is also little. Need I remind people that Ødegaard conceded 2 penalties last season in the league? So Ødegaard has conceded more penalties per game than Xhaka.

This is how these news reports trick people. They use total numbers. A much more accurate method would be to do it per game, but people fall for the bait.

Therefore, even going by stats, Xhaka is not a liability at all and never was. The narrative is completely false. I haven’t even mentioned that some of the reds and penalties Xhaka got are completely bogus in mine and other people’s opinions.
I would like to like this, it's a good point, but saying Xhaka hasn't sometimes been a liability in his first years here I find too difficult to like. None of the reactions fit for this message. You're like baffled and nodding at the same time.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Not sure what you think I said. Either you believe, like me, that those things I said matter to people or you don't. Just because other people have done it doesn't mean it's little. 30 goals a year isn't little just because a lot of other have done it.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Not sure what you think I said. Either you believe, like me, that those things I said matter to people or you don't. Just because other people have done it doesn't mean it's little. 30 goals a year isn't little just because a lot of other have done it.

To me it’s little. You have to also consider his role and style of play. Mistakes (including red cards and conceding penalties) are a normal part of football, espescially for someone with his role and style of play.
You’re following the Xhaka was a liability argument.
If Xhaka’s 4 red cards are a liability what is Sergio Ramos’s 27? Or Vieira’s 8?
If Xhaka’s a liability for conceding penalties then what is Martin Ødegaard who conceded more penalties per game?

Maybe they’re all liabilities? In which case, perhaps liabilities aren’t such a bad thing after all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom