• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Xhaka finished the game with the most chances created despite getting subbed off. Also saved us from going a goal down at half time with that block using his head.

I don’t get Arteta’s decision to sub him, unless it was some kind of knock or to protect him for City.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
No doubt he has become less effective in the 2nd half of the season.

He seems very pushed up (for tactical reasons) but without much time on the ball. He hasn't got onto things in the box or done those inside runs where he fires the ball across goal.

I think its since we have really focused our game around Zinchenko being key to our build up. He dominates the ball down the left and Xhaka is limited to very simple touches and plays.

Watching this match we would have fared much better with a fully fit ESR or even Trossard in his position - because they can cause big problems on the ball and contribute to fluid passing on the edge of the box.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We not watching different xhaka he still same the only difference he maybe not affecting much offensively look bit off with his movements in final 3rd

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
I’d say he’s our most effective player in the final third. Most other players are indecisive, make wrong decisions or lose it. Most of Xhaka’s touches and plays come off well.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Some people think if Xhaka’s not dribbling 3 players and scoring he’s not contributing rofl. Watch the game back, he was our best player in the match.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Thought Granit was okay today, no more.

We've got to be careful with players like him and Saka though. I'm sure they want too but they can't be playing every game.

I feel there's a little burnout showing with both of them. They still have good moments but aren't taking the game by the scruff of the neck at the moment.

Legend14

Established Member
Some people think if Xhaka’s not dribbling 3 players and scoring he’s not contributing rofl. Watch the game back, he was our best player in the match.
Agree you need to run it back to see the real impact of players, but Arteta would not have taken him off he was our best player/option in the final third. Its not his strength.

Didn’t see him as a problem on the pitch though - just needed more in the attack. Not that the sub provided any more. Vierira looked a bit lost in the position.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I watched it very clearly, he has been nowhere near as effective as he was earlier in the season. Probably more to do with tactics and set up, but its clear. He's getting less goals and assists + I'm sure he has taken much less touches in the opposition penalty area.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Jesus makes such an impact, that he just fits all that left side together perfectly.

Xhaka, Zinchenko and Martinelli have all been iffy since he has been injured (Partey's drop in form isn't helping either) those three can't play the same way without a false nine like Gabby

Would keep Xhaka in for his defensive ability, but Mikel would be very stubborn to not give Tierney and Trossard a go at least...why the **** isn't Kieran even getting subbed on now anyway!

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Granit Xhaka was our best player first half against Man City. Some immense, crisp passing, created the penalty.
When he had that chance in the second half he should have shot though.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Easily the best player on the pitch in the first half. Was really poor in the second half though.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Very good by Granit on 1st half, set up the pass to Eddie for the pen, on 2nd half our whole team was poor.
But Granit really bottled it big time with that pass and then failing to shoot when in the box. Not our worst player tonight though.

Feel like Gabriel and Zinchenko were very poor and Ode was invisible the whole match.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Granit Xhaka was our best player first half against Man City. Some immense, crisp passing, created the penalty.
When he had that chance in the second half he should have shot though.
I like how you've been making excuses for him for six years

Bloodbather

Established Member

Our best player on the day along with Saka. I was fuming when he didn't take the shot that one moment though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom