• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Indeed, Ødegaard is slow, one footed and was shut out today as well, yet he's been one of our best players all season you don't get this constant yearning for more dynamism.

Other than age, I don't see what makes Xhaka a priority to be upgraded other than the people who have always angled for it waiting for a loss. For me you'd be looking at one of the forward positions and spending the bulk of your budget there first and foremost.
We need two quality midfielders in the summer, that's by far the most important position to improve upon. The midfield is the brain of the team, they control the tempo and pace of the games. Partey is injury prone and has off pitch issues that is still in limbo, Xhaka is limited physically and technically, we have enough forwards to compete, especially when ESR gets fit and Balogun comes back next season.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
They’re all important. Xhaka is the most important. You saw Arteta take off Partey rather than Xhaka today, it wasn’t a surprise to me. Xhaka is irreplaceable.
And we lost when Partey came off whilst Xhaka was still on the pitch.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
We need two quality midfielders in the summer, that's by far the most important position to improve upon. The midfield is the brain of the team, they control the tempo and pace of the games. Partey is injury prone and has off pitch issues that is still in limbo, Xhaka is limited physically and technically, we have enough forwards to compete, especially when ESR gets fit and Balogun comes back next season.
Which is why we need two out of the three options of Rice, Caicedo and Zubimendi for the 8/6 role.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
What a joke. Xhaka becoming a mainstay in midfield cumulated with Arsenal missing champions league football for the first time in decades. He literally needs Partey and Zinchenko to do most of the heavy lifting for him so he is not exposed consistently. He is basically an exotic Henderson.

Correlation does not equal causation. Basic maths. Xhaka has been one of our best and most consistent players every year.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
What a joke. Xhaka becoming a mainstay in midfield cumulated with Arsenal missing champions league football for the first time in decades. He literally needs Partey and Zinchenko to do most of the heavy lifting for him so he is not exposed consistently. He is basically an exotic Henderson.
Here We Go Again GIF by MOODMAN

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I will say this i am big Xhaka critic. But in a role as an AM he is a good player. Bringing that left foot and experience closer to the goal and relieving of some defensive responsibilities has made him one of our best performers. Still not sold on Xhaka as a long term starter. But it is unfair to harshly criticize one guy when literally everyone had a poor or mediocre game. As much as i have bashed the guy in the past i am defending here on this game because he wasn’t really any worse than half a dozen other guys who stunk up the joint. Still would buy a faster box to box guy in summer and move Xhaka to subs bench. But he has delivered for the club this year, he is a leader; and has earned enough credibility for me to defend here. The whole team lacked intensity and had no cutting edge

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Xhaka the best player on the pitch again and again. People who do not like him are some slow thinkers and they move their brain like oil tankers. yesterday teams set up was different and I found myself seeing Zinchenko playing mostly alongside Partey, and the defense could not deal as well as they did in the past with the everton players. Secondly, most of the attacking department, xhaka excluded could not break through the everton defensive lines and lost many balls before reaching even the box.

Maybe because someone thought that zinchenko was the best player against MC, I had the feeling that arsenal was trying everything to go through him, which was totally wrong decision.

As for Xhaka, he was doing superbly as usual.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Xhaka turns like an oil tanker and still slows attacks down on occasion because he refuses to use his right foot.

Sometimes I swear he basically pivots round the ball to get angle with the left rather than use the right.

• Goal
Reactions: A_G

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
No longer getting into the box, i don't know if thats deliberate as Zinchenko seems to get more of a free role with every game. Whatever it is, he's just not as effective right now.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

No longer getting into the box, i don't know if thats deliberate as Zinchenko seems to get more of a free role with every game. Whatever it is, he's just not as effective right now.

Someone already pointed it out, Jesus draws defenders and disrupts opposition which allows space for Xhaka to get into, Eddie doesn't really offer that, he's more pass and move. Also there's more security with Jesus in possession. It's a matter of Xhaka having to adapt like the rest of the team are having to with a different CF there.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
While he is having a decent season for the first time with us, it has a lot to do with what you are saying. He is having a free ride in midfield, all the tasks were given to Partey and Zinchenko.

It feels like we could find a better player who would add more goals and assists now that defensive duties are assigned to others, but it would be a luxury signing at this point.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Xhaka is better defensively than both, Zinchenko and Partey. There must be a good reason that Xhaka is being in this current role. He is also contributing hugely defensively, do not try to take that away from him.

I never saw arsenal being so lost defensively and control-wise this season like they were against everton. Maybe because some that are not up to that role were engaged there.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
I can’t believe I was swayed by others. Watching it again, the chance for Xhaka to shoot wasn’t on. He would’ve had to shoot without taking any touches because they closed it down quick, would’ve been very difficult as the ball didn’t come to him at any pace. He made the right decision to pass it to Trossard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom