• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Granit got the armband when Ødegaard went off. Tierney was on the pitch, guess he’s not second in line no more.
Xhaka our official vice captain :footie:
Should be captain really. I doubt fans would still object. Too late I guess. Ødegaard’s not going to be stripped unless he does something very bad.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Granit got the armband when Ødegaard went off. Tierney was on the pitch, guess he’s not second in line no more.
Xhaka our official vice captain :footie:
Should be captain really. I doubt fans would still object. Too late I guess. Ødegaard’s not going to be stripped unless he does something very bad.

Trust me, they would and for good reason.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Trust me, they would and for good reason.
Then the fans are limiting the potential of the club. Everyone inside the club knows and believes that Xhaka being captain is what’s best for the club, if the fans would accept it. Captains also get a bit more leniency from referees.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Then the fans are limiting the potential of the club. Everyone inside the club knows and believes that Xhaka being captain is what’s best for the club, if the fans would accept it. Captains also get a bit more leniency from referees.

I don't know if you're doing this uber Xhaka love as a joke or it's genuine but it's so over the top it's weird :lol: Even the guys from Albania / Switzerland / Kosovo on here aren't as in love with him as you.

Xhaka's fine as he is. Decent player when on form but you don't build a side around him. Too prone to errors and too much water under the bridge for any captaincy talk.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
I don't know if you're doing this uber Xhaka love as a joke or it's genuine but it's so over the top it's weird :lol: Even the guys from Albania / Switzerland / Kosovo on here aren't as in love with him as you.

Xhaka's fine as he is. Decent player when on form but you don't build a side around him. Too prone to errors and too much water under the bridge for any captaincy talk.

Well it’s genuine, and he is genuinely world class.

Legend14

Established Member
Rewatched the match. Xhaka could have been man of the match. He played at the top of his capabilities, provided cover for everyone and was connecting passes everywhere. He can’t play any better than he did.The only thing he didn’t do is attack as an 8, which we know is not his strength.

I doubt he will be replaced by anyone if the “do all” role is what Arteta expects from the position. The weaker link at 8 was Ødegaard yesterday and Partey played below his capabilities as well.

As played yesterday, I doubt we will sign a new high profile 8. More likely to sign a forward or someone capable of starting at 6.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Why do you think @BergMan or anyone has to be from a certain country to love/like a player? There are many players around the world who are loved by people regardless where they are from.

I think @BergMan represents all us Xhaka fans in the best possible way and I personally agree with all his posts, and it is not important to me where is he from.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I wouldn't object to Xhaka being captain. Arsenal is the type of club where people say this and that, but really they do what they like and most take it on the chin.

Ødegaard’s not going to be stripped unless he does something very bad.

All he has to do is not score and show up to training late, he's practically halfway there. Xhaka is the captain anyways, that cloth means f*ck all.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
One thing I did not miss about football is all the “if that was Xhaka” posts on social media during premier league weekends.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Why do you think @BergMan or anyone has to be from a certain country to love/like a player? There are many players around the world who are loved by people regardless where they are from.

I think @BergMan represents all us Xhaka fans in the best possible way and I personally agree with all his posts, and it is not important to me where is he from.

Personally not a huge fan of Xhaka but seeing the anti-Xhaka mob complain is hilarious. Plus he's not too bad, could definitely upgrade on him but that position wasn't a priority this window.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
I actually like Xhaka but there’s literally no way on earth he should have been at the club for 7 years lol.

He’s actually tried to leave too more than once, bit of a joke really.
That's just how things ended up though.

First time was after the incident, then Arteta came in and was like *I need you*. So, he stayed.

Second time was 2 seasons ago when he saw that a new team was forming and it was time for him to move on.* But Roma dragged their feet with paying and the club/Arteta were happy for him to stay.

And last year he more or less mended his relationship with a lot of the fans. So, he actually saw a future again here and there's no desire from him to leave.

*BTW: In comparison to other *players* he didn't force his way out of the club or demand a lower transfer fee/cancelled contract despite his desire to go to Roma at the time. Makes you think.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Second time was 2 seasons ago when he saw that a new team was forming and it was time for him to move on.* But Roma dragged their feet with paying and the club/Arteta were happy for him to stay.
Roma refused to go higher than £15m 😀
But let’s be honest for a second. He’s here because he’s not getting any more anywhere else for a start. But also his family are settled here now. But at the end of the day there aren’t any better offers to what he’s getting now otherwise I’m sure he would leave to secure his families future all the more. That’s not me having a dig, that’s just the truth. He was more open to mending his relationship with the fans because he simply had to. I’d do the same in his shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom