• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Håvard Nordtveit

Status
Not open for further replies.

M+D

Established Member
The sources:
Arsenal are expected to beat Tottenham, Manchester United and Bordeaux to the signing of teenage defender Havard Nordtveit.

Haugesund, Nordtveit's current club, were in negotiations with United in December but could not agree a deal with United.

The 16-year-old apparently believes he has more chance of first team action at Arsenal than at United.

The defender trained with United recently, who had a £100,000 bid for the 16-year-old turned down, but Arsène Wenger's reputation for trusting youth is winning the race.

In my opinion it would be worth buying him just to annoy the Mancs and Sp**s. Btw, he is a Norweigan U17 International defender who plays for Haugesund.

btw, this was from the 18th March:
A spokesman for the Norwegian club said: "Haugesund and Manchester have held discussions for an eventual transfer of Nordtveit. (But) The clubs have not reached an agreement.
"Manchester have told us they will continue to follow the player's progress. The two clubs are prepared to continue negotiating.
"It could be that there will be a possibility of sending Harvard to Manchester for a new trial."

kooldawg

Established Member
lmao, yeah that would be quite funny.

As for Havard though, if he's that good then i wouldn't mind him at all.

asajoseph

Established Member
Not much comfort in times when fans are looking for headlines reading 'Eto'o set to join Gunners' or something suchlike, but hey, it's always good to know Steve Rowley's in a job ;)

Viper

Established Member
Again, we're buying another youngster.

I don't think I am able to contain my excitement.

hoyden

GoonerGurjit said:
I didn't know we were going on a pre-season tour of Asia? Unless they mean the youth side.
I was just about to ask that. Never heard of a pre-season tour to Asia, even the youth side.

go49oner

Established Member
£2mil of 16 year old defender. madness

There goes one of the two "super singing" we were promised. :roll:

Artillero

I cant really see the point spending 2 mill on a defender who is atleast 4 years off the 1st team when we have two young international centerbacks.

All the money spent on these yougsters add up. The likes of Vela, Cesc ect were picked up for less. 2 million seem steep.

M+D

Established Member
hoyden said:
GoonerGurjit said:
I didn't know we were going on a pre-season tour of Asia? Unless they mean the youth side.
I was just about to ask that. Never heard of a pre-season tour to Asia, even the youth side.

They either mean
a) Austria
b) U19 Champions Youth Cup in Malaysia in August

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
yeh lock this now, we got the young lad...all this yago fernandez talk now seems like gas talk as i knew all along as it wernt confirmed
but yeh we got him now, CLOSE IT!!

Lord Dula

Established Member
Well I'm glad this one's wrapped up - Wenger can now spend time chasin "super" players.

This lad will get a few run outs in the CC then he'll be shiped off to Birmingham and eventually sold for £1.5m.

Joking. I hope he fulfills this supposed potential and doesnt turn out like that blumbering fatty Senderos.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
funny you should say that dula 'cause from what i heard, nordtveit is in the same mould as phil but i prefer to witness his game in the PL or CC or FA cup before judging him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom