• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Håvard Nordtveit

Status
Not open for further replies.

kooldawg

Established Member
bojed said:
funny you should say that dula 'cause from what i heard, nordtveit is in the same mould as phil but i prefer to witness his game in the PL or CC or FA cup before judging him.

gotta agree, lets see what this "super world class" player is made off :p

so thats 2m pounds less for our transfer budget for the positions we need to address this season. Well atleast 3-4 years down the road we might have a new maldini defender of our own :D

Dez

Look the kid could end up being a Mathew Upson or a Pascal Cygan but who knows, maybe we just bought the next club captain, the next legend.

Captain

Established Member
It's only 500K upfront.

The details say that it will rise to £2M after 40 appearances; if he puts that many first team apps in, I would assume that he will have been worth it.

JazzG

Established Member
Captain said:
It's only 500K upfront.

The details say that it will rise to £2M after 40 appearances; if he puts that many first team apps in, I would assume that he will have been worth it.

Exactly we haven't spent £2mill like some are making it out. £500k is a reasonable figure imo.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
as much as i want Arsenal to sign some truly big players, i definitely do not want Arsène to stop picking up youngsters. in fact, i'm very happy to see this news. remember that we do not have the funds of other teams so the dedication to youth, while not guaranteeing immediate success, is vital to our long term performance. the summer is young. i'm sure big time stars will be coming in before the summer is up.

M+D

Established Member
- First one says about Nordtveits contract details in the first part, and they interview Nordtveits father who is called Øyvind. His agent also says stuff. The second part is about him travelling to London, with his family I think. In the last part two of the Haugesund directors say something like them being pleased for Nordtveit.

As you can see, I don't really have a clue, but I thought I'd attempt to see what it said anyway. :lol: Someone who can speak Norweigian would be really useful.....

Here's a video the guy talking in the interview, and they interview the rest of his family as well! - video - http://www.haugesunds-avis.no/apps/pbcs ... =Id=356072

Thommybhoy

Established Member
bluenaz said:
How the heck do you pronounce Øyvind?
I think one Norwegian player (Leonhadsen or something like that) whas called Øyvind. As I remember he was pronounced Oi-win. Am I right?

M+D

Established Member
PolishGooner said:

Translations of the articles and the video:
Link One translations:
Original_AAA said:
Starts of by talking about how he is now no longer dependent on his parents for financial support(humoristicly) then goes on too talk about
that the most important thing was the that he know has a golden chance to develop into a good player.
Kristiito said:
In the first interwiew with Haugesunds avis, Solbakken (Nordtveit's agent) says that it's the footballing aspect of this, that is important, not the financial. (Even though he says that's of course a part of the package too) Not very interesting...

Link 2 translations:
Original_AAA said:
Is about how grateful he is that it worked out and that his family will be leaving to London next week to ensure that everything would be ready when he moved here(housing etc)
Kristiito said:
In link number two, Nordtveit says that he's glad all went well in the end and that he was ready to start Haugesunds match against Molde on Sunday even if the transfer wasn't going through. And that he will fly to England next week to look at London and that his agent will take care about all the non-footballing stuff.

The Video interview:

Original_AAA said:
How things still seems unrealistic 24 hours after everything was signed. Then goes on about how happy is about playing with players like Henry and how he is prepared to work hard too suceed.
Kristiito said:
The video is an interwiew with Håvard and he says that he will focus on Haugesund until summer, and that everything still is a bit "unreal".
He also says that he had to take the chance. He would have regret it later if he had said no now.

Link 3 hasn't been translated yet as I posted link number 2 twice instead of link 3 in The Lobby thread :eek:ops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom