• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: The B's Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
They all get abuse. Claude gets abuse from mostly AKB's, and they abuse him because they know he responds. It's a difficult one really. On one hand he's a grown man who can make and has made his own choices all his life; on the other, he's a guy who suffers from bouts of depression or is bipolar. But people with these types of problems are still allowed to make their own choices by law, and there's a reason for that. At worst, you'd have to say Robbie is caught between a rock and a hard place on the issue. I don't even believe he values his input much anyway. I think he'd use someone else if he could, but is keeping him because rejection might hurt him more.
Robbie travelling to games with Claude and stuff like that is good tbf, you wouldn't want someone with depression to suffer in silence since isolation makes things worse. But it just feels like Robbie sometimes wheels him out just for hits, usually when it comes to arguing with Ty. Look at Stoke a few years ago, the crowd huddled around the three of them egging them on as it looked like Claude might have a breakdown on camera. Seems a bit unsavoury.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He also never fails to clap the away fans. He gets such a hard time for his performances but he seems to have really been consistent of late.

There is also the problem that those fans who have been putting money into the club sometimes say they are the real fans because they do that. More real than a fan in Africa who cannot get to games week in week out.

AFTV is a good platform for fans to voice an opinion. It's just a product of society that rants get more attention than well constructed opinions.
I agree he's good with the fans and always goes over to them win or lose. I don't agree there's a 'problem' with fans that attend games claiming they're any more of a fan than fans who don't or can't, though. You say 'sometimes' but sometimes isn't a 'problem'. People say a lot silly thing sometimes. Anyway, how many out of the 60k are we talking about? How big a problem can that be?

I have got a problem with fans that don't or can't go, claiming fans who do go aren't fans, though. I think that's a ****ing cheek. Call them whatever else, but don't dare say they aren't real fans. That's ludicrous.

Fallout

i feel there are good and bad aspects about the interview.

on the good side, he comes across as intelligent, self-aware, and humble. these are obviously important traits for a defender, since you're working within the context of a complicated tactical system and you need to be coach-able.

on the other hand, i get the impression that he's not hungry to improve. i understand that there's only so much physical work that you can put into the day -- and to some extent, it's a valid excuse for him to compartmentalize his football life from his other aspirations. however, i'd be shocked if the very best footballers tend to compartmentalize to such an extent (e.g. the football day is strictly over at 1 or 2 pm). it probably irks me to hear him say things like that because i honestly haven't seen much improvement in his football ability since the breakout season. i think he needs to give football more hours/attention.

regarding aftv, i think he's right, and i'm glad he had the cojones to call them out. theyre certainly entertaining, but their success is obviously due to the fact that they make exaggerated statements about the club and act like buffoons in general.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
regarding aftv, i think he's right, and i'm glad he had the cojones to call them out. theyre certainly entertaining, but their success is obviously due to the fact that they make exaggerated statements about the club and act like buffoons in general.
They say the exact same stuff you and I say, the only difference is they're prepared to say it on camera. Exactly the same criticisms of the exact same players.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Thinking Hector has done absolutely nothing wrong is not the same as thinking that our club has no issues or that AFTV are a problem.
But it is, if your own critique of the club or its players is more or less the same as theirs. If you're saying he's done nothing wrong as far as giving his opinion, of which he's entitled to do, then fine. But if you agree with his assessment that what they say does not make them fans, when you say the same as them, how does that work?

Last edited:

Fallout

They say the exact same stuff you and I say, the only difference is they're prepared to say it on camera. Exactly the same criticisms of the exact same players.
you're right to an extent ...

i agree in large part with the substance of AFTV's message. at this point, most fans probably do.

i disagree with their delivery / execution:

a) it is harmful to the players. imo, criticism from a fan with no hidden agenda would be delivered constructively and with care rather than deconstructively and with malice. i don't doubt that the AFTV people are fans, but they clearly have an agenda that supersedes their fandom and drives their behavior.

b) it is completely inappropriate in the context of normal face-to-face interaction. AFTV is part of a broader internet culture which teaches people that a very bad form of behavior is now acceptable, which is detrimental for society as a whole. and it's obvious people like DT and Troopz understand that they're behaving out of line because they always act so differently when they come face to face with the players.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
you're right to an extent ...

i agree in large part with the substance of AFTV's message. at this point, most fans probably do.

i disagree with their delivery / execution:

a) it is harmful to the players. imo, criticism from a fan with no hidden agenda would be delivered constructively and with care rather than deconstructively and with malice. i don't doubt that the AFTV people are fans, but they clearly have an agenda that supersedes their fandom and drives their behavior.

b) it is completely inappropriate in the context of normal face-to-face interaction. AFTV is part of a broader internet culture which teaches people that a very bad form of behavior is now acceptable ... it's just bad for society as a whole. and it's obvious people like DT and Troopz understand that they're behaving out of line because they always act so differently when they come face to face with the players.
Oh come on.

Bellerin himself says it doesn't affect the players. And even if it does, why are they reading it? So how they deliver it matters not. That's very weak.

As for the way they deliver it teaching bad behaviour... :lol: Have you ever been to a football match? Have you seen what kids look at on the rest of the internet, of which they're free to roam around? Besides all that, good behaviour and morals are taught at home, not on the internet. Very weak again.

Last edited:

Fallout

Oh come on.

Bellerin himself says it doesn't affect the players. And even if it does, why are they reading it? So how they deliver it matters not. That's very weak.

As for the way they deliver it teaching bad behaviour... :lol: Have you ever been to a football match? Have you seen what kids look at on the rest of the internet, of which they're free to roam around? Besides all that, good behaviour and morals are taught at home, not on the internet. Very weak again.
for argument's sake, i'll concede to you that AFTV's behavior has no impact on anybody. it's not a point that i agree with, but it's secondary to the main issue imo.

which is: AFTV's behavior is dictated by an alternate motive that, at best, is self-serving with no positive or negative ramifications, and at worst, is self-serving with negative ramifications for the club. therefore, bellerin is justified to call them out. a fan with no agenda other than the club's success would act differently.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
i feel there are good and bad aspects about the interview.

on the good side, he comes across as intelligent, self-aware, and humble. these are obviously important traits for a defender, since you're working within the context of a complicated tactical system and you need to be coach-able.

on the other hand, i get the impression that he's not hungry to improve. i understand that there's only so much physical work that you can put into the day -- and to some extent, it's a valid excuse for him to compartmentalize his football life from his other aspirations. however, i'd be shocked if the very best footballers tend to compartmentalize to such an extent (e.g. the football day is strictly over at 1 or 2 pm). it probably irks me to hear him say things like that because i honestly haven't seen much improvement in his football ability since the breakout season. i think he needs to give football more hours/attention.

He also said that he does extra work outside of training, no? He does extra fitness work and tactical understanding. He's clearly a very serious professional, anything to the contrary is a bit unreasonable.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Robbie travelling to games with Claude and stuff like that is good tbf, you wouldn't want someone with depression to suffer in silence since isolation makes things worse. But it just feels like Robbie sometimes wheels him out just for hits, usually when it comes to arguing with Ty. Look at Stoke a few years ago, the crowd huddled around the three of them egging them on as it looked like Claude might have a breakdown on camera. Seems a bit unsavoury.
Makes me wonder how much of it is scripted though.

Robbie: Arsenal just didn't challenge or win any second balls.
Ty: (Looks down apologetically) I know it looked bad but . . .
Claude: (Shouting like a guy with special needs, interrupts) Your deluded, there's no excuse!

Rinse, repeat.

Reactions: A_G

IslingtonBornandbred

There's a voice recording clip allegedly of Hector doing the rounds on Twitter where it mentions moving away and specifically Barcelona. It sounds like it's on a train, in a car or a public place or something. Doesn't sound like anything we didn't know already i.e he wants a new challenge, he wants to go to Barca.

There are comments below which state " that's not Hector, it's definitely fake", but those should be taken with a pinch of salt because the same sort of comments appeared on Alli's explicit picture when it was obviously him. My first thought when I heard the voice was it is Hector because he has a very unique voice and if I had to say either way, I'd easily say it was him. There are also comments which state "AFTV" leaked it which is stupid IMO, this sort of thing would be leaked by any sneaky little ****.

IslingtonBornandbred

Fu*k me. A longer clip now. I think it could be in a vehicle. Potentially a black taxi/cab where the driver can listen to the passengers or completely cut sound off. That could explain why someone might think they are talking privately and the driver can't hear them

Anyway, if this is Hector, and I think for me anyway, you have to say it is because find me anyone who could impersonate his specific accent with the exact twangs, but jesus....how can you actually say anything about Arsenal Fan TV and then either beforehand or afterwards come out with the old line "there's no training, there's no leaders" LOL (2:50).

Anyway, shock horror, player at football club looking to move to another. It's what happens.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Our fansbase absolutely disgusting. Imagine doing Hector voice impression that's prove how c**t you are.

The timing of this so funny after hector critics AFTV week ago these c**ts doing their best to save their image. Hector did really triggered them DT yesterday was saying the club must buy new RB :lol: he can't take the criticism :lol: all these tattoos and he act like cry Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom