Hector Bellerin: Keeping Pace

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Big Poppa, Mar 5, 2016.

1. mmac76

mmac76 Member

that's interesting, shows highlights can be deceptive - although tbf the highlights do show he also crossed well for when Monreal nearly scored

2. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mmhmm yes, I agree

I didn't think he was horrible but Ox must be first choice.

3. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Wasn't he supposed to have an operation this summer?

4. Deathstroke

Deathstroke The Terminator

Exactly. F*cking ridiculous.

5. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

The club own him. Force him to have the op if he needs it.

6. He's been poor for most of this season.

I put it down to either:

1) He's carrying an injury which is affecting his performances

2) His head has been turned by another club and he wants out

3) His confidence is completely gone for whatever reason

In fact, could be all three, but he's been so timid and lifeless for a while now it's concerning.

7. Garrincha

Garrincha AM Resident Joker #2

Hell of a strong squad. Could be good for him if they win it.

8. Erlis

Erlis Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

He played very well in the last games. In three or four years, even less, he will be one of the best RB in the world.

Kellie Price and bingobob like this.
  9. {reed}

{reed} Well-Known Member

Who was the sauce of the operation rumors, Pablo? :lol:
    Don't think they are true.

10. bingobob

bingobob Wanyama Advocate

You'd imagine if he had his head turned then his confidence would be sky high. Reckon it's the injury. Wenger said as much.

Kellie Price likes this.
  11. Penn_

Penn_ Well-Known Member

Thought it must be an injury after that handball against Sunderland. Last seasons Bellerin would just catch up with the attacker.

12. Ted_Lasso

Ted_Lasso Member

Good to see he's finding his confidence again. Really need both him and Ox to find a way into the team for the cup final

Kellie Price likes this.
  13. Kellie Price

Kellie Price Member

He was the Bellerin we all know against Everton. Esp playing on the wing in this new formation they have.
    He has to be one of the first ones on the team sheet, when he's good he's the best & no other pl club has anybody like him. Maybe Valencia at Man U.
    Talk about Sanchez staying or going, he can be replaced, but someone who plays like Bellerin is extremely hard to find, they're like gold dust., so hopefully he's turned a corner now & is back to his best & can really help the team do well from now on.
    I would've thought he'd be included in the proper Spain team now, rather than the U21's. Esp as he's over 21 aswell.

14. Jury

Jury Hype Hater

I'm a Bellerin fan, but finding a replacement for Alexis would be harder imo. Not many guarantee numbers like Alexis has produced, and the ones that might are in the £80m and up region. We simply aren't getting those.

Ted_Lasso likes this.
  15. Kellie Price

Kellie Price Member

I agree with you, I'd prefer him to stay, he is really good, even my family of Man U fans (I know, I'm the black sheep for supporting Arsenal), have all said they would love him & you're right about a replacement costing a fortune, I just wonder if they'd be better without him. They seem to rely too much on him, without him some of the others might step up. He does get on my nerves keep moaning & sulking a lot aswell. If he doesn't want to be there, let him go, I certainly wouldn't let him hold them to ransom.
    Where as Bellerin just seems so unique, esp with the pace, that is pretty rare in the PL, I think we're lucky to have him, plus, he seems like he really does love Arsenal. He reminds of some of the old players who were out & out Arsenal , that's what I like to see in a player.

16. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

We must say no to any offers over the summer. And we will need back up that's capable of starting the season to give him a rest after the U21's tournament.

Kellie Price likes this.
  17. Kellie Price

Kellie Price Member

Yeah, it's a shame he's included in the U21's really. A rest would have been better, the last thing we need is the fastest player on the team getting burnt out half way through the season because he's played too much. We need his speed more than ever, most other teams can't cope with him, he wiped the floor with Baines on Sunday.

Erlis likes this.
  18. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Unsinkable !

Bar his end product his attacking contribution today was immense.

Sort out the end product and this 3-4-3 system with Bellerin is gonna destroy a few teams next season.

19. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

He's only 22 years old, there are forwards his age with inconsistent end product nevermind full backs. He'll become the best right back in the world. His speed is absolutely devastating. Nobody in the world can catch him when he gets going.

20. Dynamic

Dynamic Well-Known Member

A great attacking threat, going up the field with a lot of confidence.
    He fits the 3-4-3 line up very well, burning the line with his outstanding speed.
    Has a lot of room to grow, the future is very promising.

Kellie Price, Rygura and Ewarwoowar like this.