• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: The B's Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wolves identified him as a key player in our attack and made life particularly difficult for him, so it's no surprise he couldn't do much. The attention they payed to him is a testament to his ability. He's definitely one of the first players on the teamsheet for me.

That being said, I beg he learns how to shoot. He's been getting on the end of chances recently but never manages to test the keeper. Lace that thing or put it on target lad.
Think he is definitely hitting it right. They just keep blocking it!

I feel Monreal and him complement each other because he forces the defenders to his side, and Monreal generally has the technique and composure to take advantage.

Wryer

Yeah.

Monreal's speed of thought, use of ball and space, and decision making is extremely underrated. Bellerin might be the more explosive full back, but he certainly doesn't have Monreal's know-how yet.

progman07

Established Member
Hector Bellerin - underwhelming since 2016.
Why? He is great in attack, and usually stable in defense, I don't really remember any serious mistake from him this season. Maybe his positioning is too advanced sometimes, but I think it's probably a tactic more than his decision.

He is also super reliable, has started 44-42-47 games in his last 3 seasons.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yeah.

Monreal's speed of thought, use of ball and space, and decision making is extremely underrated. Bellerin might be the more explosive full back, but he certainly doesn't have Monreal's know-how yet.
Probably never will either.

Mental attributes are largely what sets players apart at this level.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Not even the best player in London, bloke's a fraud. He has too many games like yesterday. City alone have about 12 players better then him.
All of the people who rate him must be onto something, he's rated by most pundits and football writers as the best player in the league.

I feel like people who don't rate Hazard have forgotten the days where the best players weren't necessarily the ones scoring a ton of goals. It confuses me, how can you watch him over a season and not rate him?

Reactions: A_G

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
All of the people who rate him must be onto something, he's rated by most pundits and football writers as the best player in the league.

I feel like people who don't rate Hazard have forgotten the days where the best players weren't necessarily the ones scoring a ton of goals. It confuses me, how can you watch him over a season and not rate him?
Never said he wasn't a good player. By fraud, I mean he doesn't do enough with the abilities he has. World class players win you a game like yesterday. He goes missing too often.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz

The same pundits and writers who want us to believe Arsenal are the most embarrassing club in England?

ThlRama

Player:Saka
People should name a few PL players they'd have over Hazard. I don't believe there are many. A case can be made for De Bruyne, Pogba and Kane, and that would be it pretty much. Very few players in world football actually do it week in, week out and Hazard isn't one of them for sure, but on his day he is up there with anybody bar Ronaldo and Messi.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Never said he wasn't a good player. By fraud, I mean he doesn't do enough with the abilities he has. World class players win you a game like yesterday. He goes missing too often.

He blows hot and cold way too much. Up until the Utd game he was absolutely rampant. A Messi or Ronaldo would have kept that level up but he’s dropped off that.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Everyone points to Messi and Ronaldo but you’re talking about perhaps the two greatest players of all time you know?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Fair enough Rich. Could go into this but I cba.

He did more than enough to win Chelsea the game yesterday. Players whose skill set enable others always get this sort of unfair criticism.

Last edited:

skip spence

Think the people who calls Hazard overrated/fraud have a point. Obviously he’s an amazing player. But while his speed, balance and close control really is Messi-like, and superior to Cristiano’s tbh - and he’s pretty much two footed too which is an incredible asset with his skill set - his production is nowhere near those guys. Should be able do more with his toolkit, a bit of a bottler imo.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Everyone points to Messi and Ronaldo but you’re talking about perhaps the two greatest players of all time you know?

Well ok even a Neymar level I think he’s well short of. Even in his worst games he still offers far more.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Sterling the past year and a half has been well above Hazard too being honest about it. Heck look at how Bernardo Silva has been playing so far this season, the consistency is just something which Hazard lacks. I know City in general are a great team which helps but Hazard just drifts in a lot of games that other top players like Neymar would at least be trying stuff that Hazard wouldn't attempt as he just likes to play the same game all the time and tends to shirk responsibility a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom