• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: The B's Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
About the vegan stuff. I'd don't know. When he started this diet or 'way of life'. But I think we can all agree his pace has gone down these couple of years.. He's too young for it to be an age issue.. Don't want To jump to hasty conclusions, but there might be something there.
It`s true that his pace is not the same. Still quick but Bellerin used to be rapid. Who knows whats the reason for that though.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
My man @Mitch going off the rails, with Ramsey's pending departure he's panicking at the thought of having nobody to channel all his frustrations toward.:lol:

The players who have by far produced the larest amount of poor performances for this club in the last 5 seasons. I haven't been this happy since got rid of that walking disaster Diaby.

BobP

Memri Fan
I haven't been this happy since got rid of that walking disaster Diaby.

giphy.gif

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

A pro athlete can easily be out for a year with an ACL injury. Very common in NFL. It is essentially a load bearing ligament, attaching the thigh to the knee joint.

That being said, the quad is a bad one to rupture too. It helps to straighten your leg so it is potentially disabling but with rehab he should be ok.
Just a quick fact check. The ACL isn't a ligament that is as you say "load bearing". It stabilises the knee for various movements, twists and hyperextension of the knee. A knee without an ACL can be stable to a certain extent depending on how much stress you put on it. The quadriceps tendon though is more or less always under tension when you move as it connects the knee cap to the quadriceps muscles.

If it is indeed the quad tendon that has torn completely I doubt how well he can come back. It is a big tendon, so at least there will be much to work with, especially if it tore right at the knee cap. Still, it is a large injury, one which I am not sure how often the orthopaedic surgeons see and work on with young top athletes. They have become really good with ACLs which are commonplace. This one I am not so sure about.

Anyhow, speedy recovery to our man Hector!

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

The players who have by far produced the larest amount of poor performances for this club in the last 5 seasons. I haven't been this happy since got rid of that walking disaster Diaby.
Come on! Let's give our man Hector some love! Guy is out with a serious injury. If it is the quadriceps tendon God knows how this will go. He will regardless most likely have major surgery and months of recovery just to come back to play. I don't necessarily rate him highly either but let's give it a break when someone is down and out!

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
About the vegan stuff. I'd don't know when he started this diet or 'way of life'. But I think we can all agree his pace has gone down these last couple of years.. He's too young for it to be an age issue.. Don't want To jump to hasty conclusions, but there might be something there.
Humans are not biologically meant to be vegan. You can of course compensate for what you are not getting from a balanced diet with supplements but it's a delicate balance.

Gursha

This club is f*cking cursed
Just seen this as well.

"Club fear that his season could be over at the very least"

Wtf? I thought that was a certainty.... just the fact he wrote that made me think theres still hope, it basically means they were trying to check if his season is over...

Maybe the vegan gods swelled his knee and now working their miracles and he will be ready for next season...

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Humans are not biologically meant to be vegan. You can of course compensate for what you are not getting from a balanced diet with supplements but it's a delicate balance.

We’re also not meant to eat as much meat as we do. Hominids were omnivorous but they mostly ate bone marrow and small amounts of meat.

TheIceman85

About the vegan stuff. I'd don't know when he started this diet or 'way of life'. But I think we can all agree his pace has gone down these last couple of years.. He's too young for it to be an age issue.. Don't want To jump to hasty conclusions, but there might be something there.

Ah but ‘correlation doesn’t imply causation’ and also a sample size of 1 isn’t enough to base a theory on. :p

1*5-eIhWSj8iB8OK99cDraHg.png

Funny this forum. Not meant to eat plants or meat... Yet there are tons of people out there doing just fine on their vegan diet or carnivore diet... Humans can survive the weirdest diets out there for long periods of times...

People should just shut up about all of this and start enjoying their food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom