• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: The B's Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

dysphoria

Established Member
This is not going to be a popular opinion but i think bellerin has been overrated by most of us and even though he's an attacking focused fullback, IF he stays here for as long as we want him too, i don't see him becoming a very good defender because with the tactical indiscipline he is allowed, he's always going to have to rely on that pace to get him out of dodge and he won't be thought the basics of defending properly.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
Hes definitely overrated. Good for a 20 year old (or however old he is) but he's so limited on the ball. What I'd give for him to be able to whip a cross in rather than standing it up.

Similar to Monreal I feel we can improve on both fullbacks.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I tend to agree that he leaves the flank open but he is critical to our team.

if he plays well, we generally win.

infinium

Hes definitely overrated. Good for a 20 year old (or however old he is) but he's so limited on the ball. What I'd give for him to be able to whip a cross in rather than standing it up.
This is a massive thing. The fact that our full backs over the years have not been any good at crossing limits us tactically.

LordBendtner

The problem with his crossing is that he got zero power and no curve to it. Resulting in useless lobbed balls which is so easy to defend. I dont know if you can train it though.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
And in Giroud we have someone who's actually good at attacking crosses. We'll probably get crossing sorted out by the time we get a striker who likes the ball played to feet.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
As the poster above says his passing is really poor and when opposition h are pressing high he just gives the ball away carelessly. In fact for a top side who base their game around possession football too many of our players aren't composed possession of the ball.

footydroid

As the poster above says his passing is really poor and when opposition h are pressing high he just gives the ball away carelessly. In fact for a top side who base their game around possession football too many of our players aren't composed possession of the ball.
Sums up our problem under Wenger these past decade or so.

His passing is very good, better than of Sagna.

His crossing is lacking, but then again he is trying to cross the ball to lazy donkey, so hardly his fault.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Passing and crossing is being generalized here, as @hydrofluoric acid points out. Remember his pinpoint throughball to Iwobi vs Everton? His link-up short passes on the wing? His passing is fine, it's his crossing technique that is wrong.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
His passing is very good, better than of Sagna.

His crossing is lacking, but then again he is trying to cross the ball to lazy donkey, so hardly his fault.

Bellerin is definitely more talented and has the ability to pick out good through balls i.e. his assist to Alexis against Sp**s but in terms of pass completion, successful passes and forward passing Sagna was way ahead.

One thing I noticed about Bellerin is when he's on the ball and being pressed by the opponents he panics leading him to just hoof the ball anywhere.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Consider yourselves lucky kids.

I had the privilege to watch Senderos the Multilinguist shoved at RB getting murdered by El Camel Diouf.

dysphoria

Established Member
Consider yourselves lucky kids.

I had the privilege to watch Senderos the Multilinguist shoved at RB getting murdered by El Camel Diouf.

Stephanavos at old trafford looking like a eastern european tramp and playing like one. We lost 6-1 too.

ksarp

This is not going to be a popular opinion but i think bellerin has been overrated by most of us and even though he's an attacking focused fullback, IF he stays here for as long as we want him too, i don't see him becoming a very good defender because with the tactical indiscipline he is allowed, he's always going to have to rely on that pace to get him out of dodge and he won't be thought the basics of defending properly.

He is no better than Clichy. Not the brightest and relies on his physical tools..which are limited to speed. Offensively, he joins a long line of inept full backs with terrible

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He's far better than Clichy. He chips in with loads of assists and usually handles the top end wingers well.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Bellerin interview:

"I say every year that England is my home now.

"I've lived there for many years; my family and my girlfriend are there. I'm very happy there so I don't see myself anywhere other than Arsenal.

"I'm very happy [about being in the team of the year] because it's chosen by players and coaches.

"They're people who know a lot about football and the fact that they have chosen me as the best right-back of the season makes me very proud.

"But I have to thank my team-mates for making things so much easier!

"How did it feel to play against Barca? For me, Barca was where I grew up since I was tiny, from eight years old.

"My dream when I was at Barca was to play at Camp Nou and I did - just not wearing the shirt I'd expected when I was little.

"It was something very special and beautiful."

USArsenalFan716

If he wants to be a great fullback (and he has the potential), during this off season he will work on his crosses......

It's the major thing separating him from being a good player to being a great player, and it's a blessing in disguise he won't have to suit up for any national teams this off season, if he uses this time right. Right now, defenders I have seen especially in the 2nd half of the season giving him a lot more space on the outside b/c of his pace. He has a ton of time for crosses and can create them with his bursts of pace, but the consistency of delivery is not there yet. In fact it is downright poor at the moment.

The Arsenal coaching staff SHOULD recognize this and this should be a barometer they get judged on next season. If his crosses improve they should get credit and likewise if they remain poor they should get the blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom