• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: The B's Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This lad's a good prospect. He'll have some dodgy moments over the coming years as he grows, but I reckon he'll definitely nail the starting spot down. Pity we sold Sagna though. Bellerin could've learned a lot from him.

Bellerin/Jenkinson next year?
With the euros over do you think Debuchy might come back and be happy to sit on the bench. We have so much work to do in terms of our squad, I wouldn't want to waste resources on a back up RB right now.

Back to Bellerin, think it's just the first of many PFA nominations for him. Would love for him to add a bit of finesse to his game over the coming months. Would be nice if he could put that acceleration to good use and start beating his man and whipping balls in without needing loads of space.

Toast

Established Member
With the euros over do you think Debuchy might come back and be happy to sit on the bench. We have so much work to do in terms of our squad, I wouldn't want to waste resources on a back up RB right now.

Back to Bellerin, think it's just the first of many PFA nominations for him. Would love for him to add a bit of finesse to his game over the coming months. Would be nice if he could put that acceleration to good use and start beating his man and whipping balls in without needing loads of space.

Nah, Debuchy is not coming back. Couldn't cut it here and will be shipped out. Jenkinson's a decent enough backup though.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Nah, Debuchy is not coming back. Couldn't cut it here and will be shipped out. Jenkinson's a decent enough backup though.
I think Jenkinson is absolutely awful and that Wenger was trying to look clever when he signed him. Ask @Dokaka what he thinks of Jenkinson. West Ham are trying to get to our level, we shouldn't play someone who isn't even good enough for them.

Toast

Established Member
I think Jenkinson is absolutely awful and that Wenger was trying to look clever when he signed him. Ask @Dokaka what he thinks of Jenkinson. West Ham are trying to get to our level, we shouldn't play someone who isn't even good enough for them.

Admittedly I haven't watched Jenkinson a lot and I don't think he's a long-term solution. But, is Bellerin/Jenkinson really worse than Bellerin/Chambers? Like you said, we have bigger fish to fry. Bellerin/Jenkinson should be good enough for a season at least. We can properly sort it out after we've taken care of the more pressing upgrades.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Jenks is absolute horror, makes mistakes that would be disgusting for a 18 year old just entering the scene, let alone an arsenal backup.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Admittedly I haven't watched Jenkinson a lot and I don't think he's a long-term solution. But, is Bellerin/Jenkinson really worse than Bellerin/Chambers? Like you said, we have bigger fish to fry. Bellerin/Jenkinson should be good enough for a season at least. We can properly sort it out after we've taken care of the more pressing upgrades.
Can't disagree with that logic tbh.

I just don't think people are getting how talented Bellerin really is.

His second season, and he has show a lot character. Defender and he put his mark on so many games, you notice him, he does think like talented kids does, and he does it often. Gibbs never did this, he never showed character and he never put his mark on games like Bellerin does.

razörist

He should make the euros, him and Carvajal. Spain should really give him a shot, he's the future.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Considering the amount of attacking he does, its great that he isn't a big defensive liability. Two areas for improvement, heading the ball under pressure and crossing the ball. Funnily both of these would be characteristics of an English fullback.

Toast

Established Member
If Barca do come calling for him this summer, do you think we'll fold like we usually do and sell him?

BobP

Memri Fan
Lol, according to the theses I proposed a little while ago that Wenger never gets rid of players, or buys replacements until he absolutely has to means that, whether we like it or not, one of Jenkinson or Debuchy will still be here come September next season.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
He should make the euros, him and Carvajal. Spain should really give him a shot, he's the future.

You're forgetting about Juanfran.

He's unluckly with the quality of options Spain has at their disposal at RB (Juanfran, Carvajal, Azpilcueta) in front of him now, but if he keep it up he should be starter by the WC in 2018.

razörist

You're forgetting about Juanfran.

He's unluckly with the quality of options Spain has at their disposal at RB (Juanfran, Carvajal, Azpilcueta) in front of him now, but if he keep it up he should be starter by the WC in 2018.
I did think of Juanfran, but I figured he should beat him to a place since he's second choice anyway. But yes, I can see Juanfran beeing picked before Bellerin. Azpi should retire after this season.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I did think of Juanfran, but I figured he should beat him to a place since he's second choice anyway. But yes, I can see Juanfran beeing picked before Bellerin. Azpi should retire after this season.
Azpi is 26? His form has dipped but he still gets into that squad with ease. No way he retires even if he does become second fiddle to Hector in 2018.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
He's young Bellerin and currently not our biggest concern but I do think we could do a lot better at right back or at least purchase somebody who can seriously compete there so Hector then doesn't burn out like a lot of young players and overall improves with the challenge for his spot, I dont know maybe Jenkinson could be ready?
He makes too many poor decisions on the ball when being pressed, is like he's nervous and his passing isn't as good as it needs to be.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Jenkinson as Bellerins backup :lol:

Jenko is barely championship quality ffs. Not even good enough for West Ham. Jesus.

baccy_man

Established Member
Bellerin will be a really good player once he has matured as a player which is going to take a bit of time,
I just hope that once he has matured into a great player that Barca don't come sniffing around and try to turn his head as they have done with other players of ours,

GDeep™

League is very weak
If Barca do come calling for him this summer, do you think we'll fold like we usually do and sell him?

He's not good enough for Barca yet.

Bellerin will go when he's ready and willing though.

You can't stop Barca or Real, just like you can't stop the rain on a Monday morning when you wake up for work. No point worrying about it.

Aevi

Hale End FC
He's been doing well these past few games I think, his defensive play seems to have improved a bit. Here's a neat stat as well:

Comparison to U21's aside (kind of useless to do), it's rather impressive that he gets involved in play so much. I like how the fullbacks get involved in that way, and he's dealt with it well. Hopefully he gets his crosses sorted during the summer...

Don't think the title is really appropriate as well, in need of a change. @blaze_of_glory @celestis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom