• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henry says he wouldnt pay to watch Beckham

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlasgowGooner

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002 ... 46,00.html

ARSENAL star Thierry Henry confesses he would not pay to watch David Beckham play football.

But he would buy a ticket to see Becks’ Real Madrid team-mate Luis Figo.

Henry is wanted by Real but insists he will not be linking up with either player at the Bernabeu.

And he admits any move from Highbury would be like stabbing Arsène Wenger in the back.

Henry made the revelations during an interview to mark his Player of the Year award from French football magazine Onze Mondial. Beckham came third.

Asked which player he would pay to see, Henry explained: “I like what is beautiful. I would pay to see Figo play, not to see Beckham play.

“Even if they are both effective, I take more pleasure from watching the first than the second. He is beautiful, Figo.”

But Henry reassured Arsenal fans he has no intention of deserting.

He said: “I cannot leave Arsenal after everything that has happened.

“When I was at rock bottom, Arsène and Arsenal stretched their hands out to me and relaunched my career.

“They put their faith in me. So did the fans. You can’t say ‘I’m off now, cheerio’ five years later when you have succeeded.

“The manager is trying to build something big and leaving would be sticking a knife in his back.”

Henry also admitted he practices while on the phone to his mates.

He added: “I always have a ball at my feet in my house. When I am on the phone, I play.”

Superdudes

i'll rather play to watch bentley play.. i'm a true gooners.. though i hope that becks will give more splendid displays for real thus making fergie regret his decision..

Guns and Arses

I'll pay to watch Quaresma play. I've seen him play for Barca in the last few games and he's outstanding. Figo? 5 years ago, maybe. Now he's out of form. He used to be 10 times better then Beckham but now he's just slightly better.

A

Anonymous

For once someone has should up and said Beckham is ****

well not in those words.

beckham is one of the most overated players i ever seen.

good at freekicks, but nothing else.

A.Hussain

true, right after the gunner first team, i would pay to watch the young guns over any big match in europe..... its too tantalising to imagine the future of arsenal. im hoping for the return of pennant and svard and toure II to join us as well......

Andrew

People always say Beckham is overrated. I think just because he's famous people tend to think that. Personally I think that as a footballer, Beckham is underrated. He is not to good at getting past opponents but one thing he is good at is passing, there are probably none better. Real Madrid now have a really good balance by having two tricky players, one great passer and one defensive midfielder. If you had a midfield of 4 Beckhams then it wouldn't be too good, but mix him with other midfielders and attackers that can compliment his game and he is a very good player despite what anyone says.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Beckham is overated, but he is worth tons of cash in t-shirt sales. That is why he is hot property not his playing.

He's the best MF in the England team, but then again that's not difficult.

His wife however is a dull dishrag that is obsessed with our English attention. She has no talent whatsoever. Sorry, she HAD one talent, getting the audition for Spice girls, the rest she just turns up.

People though keep pilling cash on their desk for some strange reason, she is always in the press (mainly because she has shares in 'Heat' magazine).

So I guess they will never go away.

A

Anonymous

so why does he have to be bothered bout becks?!that's what goes over my head..all he cuda said was I'd pay to watch Figo..why did he have to add the becks thingy?!wierd.

A

Anonymous

didn't really seem so basically from the quote..but who knows..but even if he was asked.he should have just not commented on it right?why raise controversy for no reason basically.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
ExiledInNewcastle said:
Not weird ruud - he was probably asked 'what about beckham'.

thats what most likely happened and the interviewer made the base of his story around that. Henry wouldn't have tried to cause trouble on purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season
Top Bottom