• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

...How about Owen Hargreaves?

I once sent a topic 'When Vieira retires...' here but it was locked. there were around 2 posts there:

1 was from Mad Jens i think, he said Vieira wasn't going to retire in 5,6 years so worry about it later

2 was a post from someone, he agreed with Jens but stated that he would like to see Owen Hargreaves in Arsenal.

3 was a post from admin to tell that the topic was locked.

...so now the subject changes to 'If Vieira leaves...'

Owen Hargreaves is still my 1st choice. haven't seen Flamini play so cant comment on him.

Split

What about that argentinian fellow, the holding midfielder, 20 yrs old, we're supposed to have bid 7.5m for him??, he played in the Copa America and was a key player apparently, can't remember his name, but sounds useful. However, no one can replace vieira completely like for like as he is just sensational. I don't think Hargreaves is 'the one'.

SuperBob

Don't think Hargraves can replace Paddy (if he indeed does leave) but I would still love it if he was here at Arsenal Mascherano would be a good replacement for Paddy seen him in the Copa America class act!!

vin de guerre

Give me a break Hargreaves is a featherweight. Cant handle the physical game and will not cope in the Premiership! Secondly he does not overflow with any outstanding talent, he is good for making up the numbers!

i think we should buy hargreaves we might as well because seeing how bayern munich only want 5 million it aint a bad price

also we would be taking away a player who the dirty Sp**s **** wanted

who knows he may even grow into a player better than Vieira under wengers skills in coaching

wenger has also shown intrest in him, if we even thought of buying carrick, hargreaves is better and expeirenced in playing the champions league even if he sits on the bench its not a bad sub.

AFCG7

Established Member
We'll see what happenes..the boss decides who will fit in and who will not.
Hargreaves maybe..Mascherano maybe.. we'll have to wait and see.

And all the speculation is because of Vieira's silence.

JGooner

I've always rated Hargreaves, and Bayern's asking price is a steal. He is probably not as much of a natural talent as Carrick, who I wish we had signed, but he is an excellent all-rounder and has CL pedigree (i.e. he actually has a winners medal, unlike Vieira). He's obviously not a patch on Vieira (only Gerrard, Ballack and Alonso really are) but he's still easily good enough for the Prem.

i think hargreaves isnt old so the best is yet to come and wenger can improve him 5million is cheap for a player of his ability
if vieira is to leave i hope wenger considers him

kazu

well his versatility is definitely a plus, believe that he can play across the midfield as well as fullback.... didn't impress at euro2004 though...

i think u cant allways rely on the world cup and euro to see if players are good or not many good players who were expected to do good failed and when when england played sweeden he was probabaly there best player

ethanen

mhawkmaster said:
i think u cant allways rely on the world cup and euro to see if players are good or not many good players who were expected to do good failed and when when england played sweeden he was probabaly there best player
henry? :?

kazu

i agree on the point about not judging players on one tournament...

england vs sweden? that's pre-euro2004 if my memory serves me right...

haven't seen enough of hargreaves to think that he would light up the premiership, but he will be a useful utility squad player i guess...

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom