• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

i shall court controversy

Ally

Actually, I'd say our fox in the box took an even longer time to evolve than Bob, and this season we're starting to see...Thierry Henry, the box poacher.

Scored all his goals inside the area, prefers to leave Reyes, Fred, Bergy, Pires etc. to the set-up work (role reversal), gets one or two chances a game and takes them all, without fail.

His assists just show his pretty astonishing versatility and give a different dimension to his striking. Henry looks like a completely different player insofar as he's doing less (And that in itself is probably a good thing - how many times in his Arsenal career has he unnecessarily camped down on the left and limited the options of whoever his strike partner was?) - one thing's for sure, though, and that is that he just does not miss now. Ever.

Asterix

Established Member
Nice - I saw Henry score with his head the other day from the six yard line - nearly fell off the couch!

Biggus

Established Member
gunnertilldeath said:
Call me an idiot but Robert Pires is the best finisher we have. he does not miss chances at the ratio that henry and other players do. lambast me and call me an idiot. i await your wrath.

No Gunner you're not an idiot....and if we're talking about players that do'nt waste the few chances they get have a look a the much maligned Gilberto Silva whom I have a lot of respect for.....Arsène only knows why people single him out, he goes about his job and his finishing in a very clinical manner, no fancy crap just a nice hard side foot 8)

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No way mate. Gilberto is a poor finisher. He hesitates so much infront of goal, and when he decides to either shoot or pass the defence is already back. I saw that on a umber of occasions last season, particularly the first few months of the campaign.

Biggus

Established Member
Loyan-I'm only going on the times I've seen him in a finishing off good chances not making opportunities for himself which obviously not part of his game. No statistics will show :hard chances V easy chances put away, I'm saying that the ones he does hit usually dont end up in Row Z. 8)

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Same here mate. last season on one occasion he was put through on goal and he hesitated badly and then shot wide when at the edge of the box as the defender closed him down. There were a few more chance that this happened as well. Anyways you may have a point in what you are saying as he is a very good headerer of the ball. He seems to score a lot of his goals in this way.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom