• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

International Football Can Be Quite Good, Sometimes...

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Do you think that England needed better manager in those times ? Good team on paper really.
Yeah, imagine they had a manager who would've played a 3 in midfield. Even if Scholes retired, you still had Hargreaves as DM with Gerrard/Lampard either side.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

the nostalgia about the ball got me thinking about this tournament again @Riou. Those were the days; Arsenal were invincible, England were exciting.

Greece winning that tournament was a massive anti-climax though :lol:

My fav game was the France v England one right at the start more or less, mega stars on both sides...was the last tournament before I really started to dislike England.

Reactions: A_G

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Yeah, imagine they had a manager who would've played a 3 in midfield. Even if Scholes retired, you still had Hargreaves as DM with Gerrard/Lampard either side.

Think that Eriksson did solid job.England was little unlucky against Portugal in two tournaments and Brazil beat them in WC 2002.It was more mentality thing,than lack in quality in those years.

Capello was more disappointing,while he had some top players in squad and had good reputation as manager.

Reactions: A_G

Riou

Think that Eriksson did solid job.England was little unlucky against Portugal in two tournaments and Brazil beat them in WC 2002.It was more mentality thing,than lack in quality in those years.

Capello was more disappointing,while he had some top players in squad and had good reputation as manager.

You must have been heartbroken at Euro 2004...Germany out at the group stage, and couldn't even beat Latvia!

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Greece winning that tournament was a massive anti-climax though :lol:

My fav game was the France v England one right at the start more or less, mega stars on both sides...was the last tournament before I really started to dislike England.

It was the German wot won it.

2744696_1_org_imago_sp_0802_13530029_13522147.jpg

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Forgot Ivory Coast as well. Have Zaha, Pepe, Kessie, Boga and Diallo.

Lot of these dead European sides like Spain and the Germans won’t know what’s hit them. Lot of “shocks” with the likes of USA and Jamaica as well I reckon.

Can't wait to see how FIFA change the rules so the African teams can't compete, god forbid someone not from Europe or S.America actually challenges for once.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

2010 was the worst World Cup. I reckon 2014 was the best.

Loads of golazos, shocks and ballers. Just a shame the Germans won it.

Riou

Vuvuzelas!

That terrible South African goal celebration when they scored their first goal too, joke tournament tbh :lol:

Özil and Germany were quality and Maradona was entertaining as Argentina coach, but everyone else was terrible...even Spain I found very boring, while I loved watching them at Euro 2008.

Riou

After 1998, 2006 was easily the best World Cup.

2002 was the most disappointing, should have been FAR better considering how amazing football was at the time...was carried by an All time Brazil team at least.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

Latest posts

Top Bottom