• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

is ashley cole the worlds best left back?

jeromelee

Mad Jens said:
Arnie said:
I think cole is second best behind carlos. Carlos is best!!

I think you guys underestimate he's defensive capabilities because his attacking is so good. He was madrids best defender last year with helguera (not hard i know) he is still good defensively. Watch madrid again and watch him defend!!

So, who was that did I see sloppily leave Xavier Priteto wide open on his own in a match which Sociedad won 1-4 at the Bernabeu? Carlos defends as well as Bergkamp flys.

Haha have to agree with you there mate. Carlos indeed defends as well as Bergy flies.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Arnie said:
I think cole is second best behind carlos. Carlos is best!!

I think you guys underestimate he's defensive capabilities because his attacking is so good. He was madrids best defender last year with helguera (not hard i know) he is still good defensively. Watch madrid again and watch him defend!!

What we have here is a classic case of Sven-itis. Arnie, you're judging players on reputations. There is no question in my mind that Cole is now the best left back in the world. He is phenomenal both defensively and in an attacking sense. Carlos was great 7 years ago, maybe even 5 years ago. But does anyone remember Cole keeping Silvinho out of the Arsenal side at a time when Silvinho was keeping Carlos out of the Brazil side?

That said it all, for me.

Nawoo

Silvinho was NOT keeping carlos out of the brazilian side

Carlos was always first choice from beginning till end

Silvinho was there because the coach wanted to experiment with him, much like what edu is doing now.

lex

well there many goob left back around these days. ashley cole, wayne bridge, roberto carlos , zambrotta maxwell and a few others.
but you all forgot about the likes of Philip Lahm and Tobias Rau. they are both brilliant . and hinke

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom