• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Is Haaland the best PL talent of all time?

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
but it’s hard to think of any player coming over and immediately hitting the ground running at 21.
Ffs, Rex! Henry was 21 when he signed for us and scored a total of 26 goals by the end of the season.

Cesc came here at 16. At 18 he won the FA Cup and at 19 he was playing a CL final.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I agree but let's not rule out the possibility for Haaland to also add more to his game, he's only 22. I'm not saying he'll be Benzema but with the level of coaching and quality of players around him, I'd be surprised if he doesn't improve other sides to his game at City. At 6ft 5, and his strength he really can use hold-up qualities more.

Ibra is going in his late 30s. The way sports science is now and how players look after themselves this guy could play another 15 seasons easily. Literally who knows what sort of player he’ll be down the road, could easily add more to his game.

Just depends on his mindset and whether he can maintain health and motivation for a whole career .

Kav

Established Member
If I’m only looking at pure talent. Then it’s obviously Anelka. Haaland doesn’t even come close.

However many of you may be too young to remember how good he was at 17.

Cesc was unreal when he was younger though. He regularly used to change games whether starting or coming off the bench. I remember there was one season where everything good we did went through Fabregas. He had the whole league on strings.

Haaland is doing well and will continue to do well but we have to give it time to see what he brings. He’s not exactly dynamic as a forward either.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
You will never rate Haaland anyway, I can tell because most of you don't rate Aguero.

The Arsenal fan spoiled by the spellbinding experience of watching Henry is very poor at judging pure goal scoring machines. Even a more limited player like Giroud who took his talent to places he had no right at all to be gets laughed at here.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

FeKl7DNXkBcTILv

Haaland is a freak o_O

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I think he would be amazing for any club in the world but it would have been interesting to see his stats right now if he didnt go City, Haaland at City is like playing on easy mode.

When comparing him to the best players ever in the PL I'm under the impression that all of them would have exploded like he has.

To be fair though he has done it at a young age and with immediate impact unlike some of the others.

Tom Mix

Frannie Jeffers would score a sackful in that team. I think and hope he may run to fat pretty soon.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Barring injury, he has a chance to become the greatest goalscorer of all-time. Just a freaky combination of attributes. The insane height, pace and strength combo, the elite ball striking ability and ability to contort his body to reach balls unreachable to most, phenomenal knack for positioning himself in the right place and making runs, and tremendous enthuasiasm. He's like Zlatan without the ball skills but with CR7's athleticism and Müller's positional awareness instead.

His all-around game is improving as well, and that's what will decide whether he becomes one of the greatest goalscorers of all-time, or one of the greatest players of all-time period. The assists to Foden in the United game were pretty impressive. If his link-up game improves further, and he's in the perfect place to hone his skills in that regard, we're looking at the biggest #9 phenomenon since Ronaldo.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He’s putting the often romanticised physicality of the league to shame. Defenders scared to leave a mark on him, or just bounce off him.

D

Deleted member 102404

Think we need to wait for more of the season to unfold.
I don't think he's been worked out yet at all by any of the opponents he's faced. Doesn't seem to be a specific plan for him.
Of course , it's difficult to stop him when De Bruyne is also playing so well.
I wonder if KDB gets injured (happens a lot) will he be as effective?
Or what if he's double teamed in games?
I think there will a lot more focus on him by opposition teams as the season draws on.
But if he carries on all season at the current rate, he'll get 67 PL goals! If that happens I don't think there is an argument that it will be the greatest PL season by any player ever.

Haphazard

If someone told you to create the perfect striker in a lab , you couldn't even think up someone like Haaland.

The only thing that is really stopping him is injuries

His scoring rate will slow down as teams adapt but just through his physical attributes he can dominate teams.

TornadoTed

Established Member
What about poor old Mbappe, he's been waiting patiently for Messi and Ronaldo to decline so he can take his spot as the best in the World and then Haaland pops up and leaves him in the dust.

I don't have much sympathy for him though to be honest after turning down the opportunity to go to a proper team and league last Summer.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
This guy has everything you want tbf, strong,fast,skills. City should be so gratefull to have him amazing talent and an amazing player.

We cannot deny a lot of people will say Mbappe is better maybe he is, but Haalands numbers are out of this world.

D

Deleted member 102404

What about poor old Mbappe, he's been waiting patiently for Messi and Ronaldo to decline so he can take his spot as the best in the World and then Haaland pops up and leaves him in the dust.

I don't have much sympathy for him though to be honest after turning down the opportunity to go to a proper team and league last Summer.
Mbappe? Not for me.
Easy life banging in goals for PSG.
It’s like lining up for City and playing 1st division teams week in week out.
Also saw him look pretty unconvincing in the Euros.
Young player with a huge ego and an easy life. Good for him, but he’s not deserving to be even mentioned in the same breath as Messi or Ronaldo.
Haaland has bottle. 21 and moved to the PL and is tearing it up.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Mbappe? Not for me.
Easy life banging in goals for PSG.
It’s like lining up for City and playing 1st division teams week in week out.
Also saw him look pretty unconvincing in the Euros.
Young player with a huge ego and an easy life. Good for him, but he’s not deserving to be even mentioned in the same breath as Messi or Ronaldo.
Haaland has bottle. 21 and moved to the PL and is tearing it up.

I agreed, never heard Haaland having such a big ego like Mbappe.
Even show disrespect to Messi and Neymar must been a insult.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Didn’t realise Haaland is the same age as Ronaldo when he had that DISGUSTING season.

Kind of makes me feel a bit better at what the Android is doing to our league. As crazy as the goal scoring exploits are from Haaland I’d still take CR7s season…for now.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane
Top Bottom