• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Is The FA Cup Bigger Than Conference League?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

If Rice helps Arsenal to win something I imagine it would stick in many West Ham fans throats. The Europa trophy thing he got with them won't look as important if he has a PL medal or (god willing a CL one) in his Arsenal trophy cabinet.
Your definition of that cup tells it all. People don't even know or care what it's called basically. It's a good competition for clubs like HJK and Tottenham.

I rate FA Cup higher than Conference League. Tougher to win, as especially in the later rounds there will usually be top EPL clubs.

West Ham won Fiorentina in the final, whoopdidoo! Last 7 years they have been at best 7th in Serie A, which has for a long time been a top 4-5 league in the world. And haven't been in top 3 in Serie A in more than 19 years, 4th is the best.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Your definition of that cup tells it all. People don't even know or care what it's called basically. It's a good competition for clubs like HJK and Tottenham.

I rate FA Cup higher than Conference League. Tougher to win, as especially in the later rounds there will usually be top EPL clubs.

West Ham won Fiorentina in the final, whoopdidoo! Last 7 years they have been at best 7th in Serie A, which has for a long time been a top 4-5 league in the world. And haven't been in top 3 in Serie A in more than 19 years, 4th is the best.

I wouldn't be this harsh though, it was their first trophy in 43 years...of course that would mean a lot to them.

It goes...

1. Premier League/Champions League
2 .FA cup/Europa League
3. League Cup/Conference League

...so even though it's in the "lowest" level of trophies to win, it's still 1 of only 6 proper trophies any English teams can win...so it should be celebrated, imo.

Plus, them winning it gives us something extra to beat Sp**s with!

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I wouldn't be this harsh though, it was their first trophy in 43 years...of course that would mean a lot to them.

It goes...

2 .FA cup/Europa League

...so even though it's in the "lowest" level of trophies to win, it's still 1 of only 6 proper trophies any English teams can win...so it should be celebrated, imo.

I wasn't talking about what it means to West Ham. Even Tottenham would jump with joy if they won that silly cup. Of course anyone would celebrate a bit if winning a cup, even that one. Me included, but not much.

Personally I would hate it if Arsenal had to compete in that cup, which was made for clubs like HJK basically. I would play Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly there, until semi-final or final. Useless strain for other players.

Europa League is another thing for clubs like Arsenal. That's okay stuff.

Riou

I wasn't talking about what it means to West Ham. Even Tottenham would jump with joy if they won that silly cup. Of course anyone would celebrate a bit if winning a cup, even that one. Me included, but not much.

Personally I would hate it if Arsenal had to compete in that cup, which was made for clubs like HJK basically. I would play Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly there, until semi-final or final. Useless strain for other players.

Europa League is another thing for clubs like Arsenal. That's okay stuff.

I kinda wanted to be in it the first time it was created, think Sp**s pipped us to it by a point in 2021.

Would have been pretty neat to win at least!

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
It goes...

2 .FA cup/Europa League

To be fair I think West Ham winning the Conference League is equivalent to us winning the UEL or even the UCL. In that competition they are among the best teams and should be competing for the trophy, nonetheless winning it is an absolutely massive deal for them. Its certainly a bigger deal than United winning the Carabao or even a club like Chelsea winning the FA cup.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

It goes...

2 .FA cup/Europa League

EL is much bigger than the FA Cup, doubly so because our record in Europe is as poor as it is.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
EL is much bigger than the FA Cup, doubly so because our record in Europe is as poor as it is.

Agreed. The reward for winning it speaks for itself tbh. The FA Cup gives you a EL spot, the EL gives you a CL spot. No team in the world would pick winning the FA Cup over the EL. Think the EL needs to be in a tier by itself in terms of how big it is to win. Somewhere between the PL/CL and FA Cup.

Feels even bigger for teams that aren't typically in Europe. Seeing your team against sides from different countries in a competitive setting isn't something most clubs get to experience. The FA Cup is ostensibly just PL games in a cup format.

Riou

The last time we won the FA Cup we beat better teams than have arguably ever participated in the Europa League.

If the Europa League winner get into the Champions League, then so should the FA cup winner imo.

Sevilla were in pot 1 in the Champions League draw, finished 12th in La Liga ffs 😅

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
If the Europa League winner get into the Champions League, then so should the FA cup winner imo.

Sevilla were in pot 1 in the Champions League draw, finished 12th in La Liga ffs 😅

If the PL get a 5th spot it probably should be the FA Cup.

Riou

I would say in terms of stature.the FA cup and Europa League are pretty even, the European away days are nicer but that's not really anything to do with the title itself...the winner of the Europa getting Champions League makes you feel that it's much bigger, but that's just something UEFA added on to try and get more teams interested in it.

But you can't say "Oh the Europa winner is bigger because it gets Champions League" as that like saying winning the Conference League is as big as winning the FA cup since both get Europa League...and that's just madness :lol:

The trophy themselves is the prize, that's were the value and history of the tournament is.

Also we are the record winners of it, with the record holding manager...we should never downplay it.

PS...love the Europa too, quality tournament.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I would say in terms of stature.the FA cup are pretty even, the European away days are nicer but that's not really anything to do with the title itself...the winner of the Europa getting Champions League makes you feel that it's massive, but that just something UEFA added on to try and get more teams interested in it.

Yes I remember when Aston Villa rested aload of players in Europa and got knocked out because they were focusing on qualifying for the CL. Didn't get that either

Back in the day, UEFA Cup was a real big cup to win, arguably as hard to win as the European Cup at the time.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I would say in terms of stature.the FA cup are pretty even, the European away days are nicer but that's not really anything to do with the title itself...the winner of the Europa getting Champions League makes you feel that it's massive, but that just something UEFA added on to try and get more teams interested in it.

But you can't say "Oh the Europa winner is bigger because it gets Champions League" as that like saying winning the Conference League is as big as winning the FA cup since both get Europa League...and that's just madness :lol:

The trophy themselves is the prize, that's were the value and history of the tournament is.

Also we are the record winners of it, with the record holding manager...we should never downplay it.

PS...love the Europa too, quality tournament.
Europa is the successor to the UEFA Cup which was massive, it's the biggest competition most clubs will ever be able to reach because you have certain rich clubs hogging the CL spots.

Every piss pot Football League club plays in the FA Cup every season, participation in the EL alone is a dream for 90% of professional players.

It's not really up for debate especially outside of the UK, ask any pro they'll laugh at the question.

Riou

Europa is the successor to the UEFA Cup which was massive, it's the biggest competition most clubs will ever be able to reach because you have certain rich clubs hogging the CL spots.

Every piss pot Football League club plays in the FA Cup every season, participation in the EL alone is a dream for 90% of professional players.

It's not really up for debate especially outside of the UK, ask any pro they'll laugh at the question.

I think it would go...

1-A...Champions League
1-B...Premier League
2-A...Europa
2-B...FA cup

...would edge it, but the gap isn't as big as you make out... definitely on the same level.

The FA cup is a huge tournament too, you don't need to **** on it.

blaze_of_glory

Not sure there is much between Europa and the FA Cup.

FA Cup is the premier domestic cup in the biggest league in the world (and the oldest trophy) while Europa is the secondary UEFA competition. Quality of teams in the competitions is probably pretty similar as you have five CL teams in FA Cup, but Europa is just bigger in it's overall structure so more diversity.

You arguably have to beat bigger teams to win FA Cup tbh, even though its probalby an easier journey.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
With the CL qualification the EL is probably more important than the FA Cup in modern football.

But as a trophy I'd much prefer the FA Cup. I'm obviously biased being English but I think it's still the most prestigious domestic cup competition in the world.

Kids here still dream of winning the FA Cup as it's culturally and historically important. The EL is basically a means to get to the proper European Cup. It's not that highly thought of, neither was the UEFA Cup really.

Thrice

The FA Cup is definitely the more prestigious trophy. Been around for almost 150 years.

The Europa League/UEFA Cup is only 50 years old.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I think it would go...

1-A...Champions League
1-B...Premier League
2-A...Europa
2-B...FA cup

...would edge it, but the gap isn't as big as you make out... definitely on the same level.

The FA cup is a huge tournament too, you don't need to **** on it.

Nah the league is always the biggest and the grandest. You can’t fluke a league win

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom