• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ivan Gazidis

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I don't trust Gazidis. Regardless of what progress is being attributed to him,our commercial deals are poor and he has that untrustworthy politician air about him. I also can't believe he would let Wenger struggle when he's needed help since 2007-unless he wants him to fail to force him out. Kroenke makes the ultimate decisions and I'm concerned that Gazidis has struggled so much to take control from Wenger (if the power struggle stories are true). No faith in the man but only time will tell.

KROENKE SUCKS

Think he's been purposefully undermining Wenger in order to take control of the club and make himself look better when Wenger goes. I used to think it was about Kroenke, but you are right there is something going on behind the scenes between Wenger and Gazidis. With our resources we could be conservative to keep Kroenke happy and yet still do Far more to compete which we just aren't.

EDIT: He wants this to be his football club. Plus maybe he would like to make himself look better by opening the purse strings once Wenger's gone and he gets the plaudits, builds up his own rep and gets the fans on side.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Bumping this thread as Gazidis is definitely positioning himself to be the main man once Arsène departs/calls it a day

- Average commercial deals compared to our rivals
- Seemingly unable to get rid of that ridiculous debt reserve requirement which costs us £30M (can't use it, must be kept in the bank)

The Aubameyang deal is crucial for him. If he bollocks it up, his credibility is cooked and should resign or be sacked (won't happen as Stan doesn't give a ****)

Your move Ivan.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Wenger's & **** Law's winter transfer business: Källström, Gabriel, Elneny.
Gazidis' winter transfer business: Mkhitaryan & Aubameyang.
Ivan-Gazidis_355.jpg

IslingtonBornandbred

He pockets a couple of mil bonus for that rubbish too. This club :lol:

Is our commercial revenue linked to our league position? This isn't my area of interest or knowledge. I do know and I was surprised that in Brazil and Argentina, they tend to prefer Chelsea. I've got South American mates and they all think Chelsea is a much bigger club than Arsenal.

Why should we be earning more? And if so, why aren't we? Surely if we are behind, it's because the market dictates that.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Is our commercial revenue linked to our league position? This isn't my area of interest or knowledge. I do know and I was surprised that in Brazil and Argentina, they tend to prefer Chelsea. I've got South American mates and they all think Chelsea is a much bigger club than Arsenal.

Why should we be earning more? And if so, why aren't we? Surely if we are behind, it's because the market dictates that.

We got a much bigger fanbase than Chelsea all around the World especially in Asia , Liverpool even bigger still .

Actually I lie we are apparently only behind United now in England . Let's not even talk about our social media presence .

Last edited:

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

We got a much bigger fanbase than Chelsea all around the World especially in Asia , Liverpool even bigger still .

Surprisingly that doesn't translate on social media where Chelsea have more of a social media presence than us (not by much though). It isn't an indicator of overall popularity but it's a decent-ish gauge.

That being said, we're Top 5 in terms of social media presence in world football yet our commercial revenues are trash. We're woeful at monetising our huge online presence.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Surprisingly that doesn't translate on social media where Chelsea have more of a social media presence than us (not by much though). It isn't an indicator of overall popularity but it's a decent-ish gauge.

That being said, we're Top 5 in terms of social media presence in world football yet our commercial revenues are trash. We're woeful at monetising our huge online presence.

Exactly , we are top 5 most supported Club around the World , according to some sites top 3 :eek: . Find that hard to believe but regardless our status isn't reflected in our revenue by a stretch .

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Exactly , we are top 5 most supported Club around the World , according to some sites top 3 :eek: . Find that hard to believe but regardless our status isn't reflected in our revenue by a stretch .

You'd think stuff like that would be huge leverage in sponsorship negotiations...

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Probably because Chelsea have had a lot of Brazilian players who played for their national side.

Longy

Whoever finds the first Chinese or Indian first team player will transform their club.
The whole country will support.
#monocultures.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom