• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
I agree with this, Wilshere is well within his rights not to accept a contract like that, at worst it should have been similar to what he's on now with incentives.. Think the contract offer reflects the fact that we weren't too bothered whether he stayed or left..

In the end it's business and Wilshere should do what's best for him and his career. I hope he stays, but if he's not really in Emery's plans who can blame him for looking elsewhere.

Exactly. I fully understand him feeling he had turned the corner, was over his injuries and he could fight high way into a better contract vs jumping to sign on for a lower wage (Again just like Elneny, and to an extent Ramsey if were being honest). He backed himself, his body and his ability and it looks to backfired, but I cant fault him for having a go.

He looks to be leaving AFC which sucks since he came through the academy and most on here would have had high hopes for him at one point, but I'm not going let people try to re-write history to justify them sticking the boot in as he heads out the door.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Here let me break it down for you...
:lol: :lol:

Jack, thanks for breaking down your failed loan move.
Played more minutes there, got injured, came back still injured, had a very poor season.
But hey keep looking for that improved contract. Who knows, maybe Emery will be even more generous than Wenger.

As I said earlier, if he ends up signing, we will still support him in hopes of finally unlocking that potential we all expected since 2011.
We're just stating his flaws and his poor decisions during this 2 year period.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
:lol: :lol:

Jack, thanks for breaking down your failed loan move.
Played more minutes there, got injured, came back still injured, had a very poor season.
But hey keep looking for that improved contract. Who knows, maybe Emery will be even more generous than Wenger.

As I said earlier, if he ends up signing, we will still support him in hopes of finally unlocking that potential we all expected since 2011.
We're just stating his flaws and his poor decisions during this 2 year period.

No worries glad I could help break a bit of it down as you clearly never watched him at Bournemouth, but sounds like you checked the goals and assist stats though so I guess it was something. For a sec I thought you were just talking out of your ass!

Btw I never suggested he should have gotten a raise, but simply could empathize with him not accepting a contract with a paycut simply because it was offered.

MustOezil

I think he's gone as the June 30 deadline is fast approaching. If he had suitors from the other big clubs i'm certain he would have had multiple offers on the table now

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Some of the replies in this thread are stupid as hell lmao. Football is a business first, players don't look at it like fans do they look at it like work.

The fact of the matter is the reason Jack has agents is to get the best money for him, tbh his time at Arsenal is done but for him to ask for more money and other things in his next contract is what you're supposed to do.

Arsenal have probably offered him contracts we know he wouldn't sign because we're trying get him to leave, so he asks for more money.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Not sure if its been posted but the clubs submitted the lists of players they will be keeping in their squads, and the ones they will be releasing.

Wilshere, Jack Andrew (offer)

Talks officially ongoing & contract offer on the table.

progman07

Established Member
You can't compare Jack to Diaby and Rosicky, Abou refused pay at times since he didn't contribute to the club and signed a pay to play deal with Marseille. Rosicky was a well developed player who wasn't on a overly high contract.

You defend Wilshere, but the simple truth is he's holding the club out for more money when he is 100% not worth what we are currently paying him. The Bournemouth loan is an example of why he owes us rather than a reason to blame him for 2015/16 failures
Absolutely.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
An insane amount of sh!te in this thread. Pretty clear that Jack getting injured isn't seen the same as when others have been injured. Some of you aren't living in this reality. It's like you see football as WWE or something.

BigPoppaPump

An insane amount of sh!te in this thread. Pretty clear that Jack getting injured isn't seen the same as when others have been injured. Some of you aren't living in this reality. It's like you see football as WWE or something.

They think once you get injured your wages should freeze until you're fit again, and if not you have to reimburse the club.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
They think once you get injured your wages should freeze until you're fit again, and if not you have to reimburse the club.
...Depending on a few things, like whether you rate him or if you think smokers are the devil. Because Diaby, Rozza and RvP owed us nothing, apparently :lol:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
So what? I don’t understand why that means he owes us. Every time we sign a player, injury is a risk we understand and accept. If your logic was an accepted ideology, there would be payback clauses in contracts for injuries.

Yes it should

I dont get paid the same if I'm home sick
First day off no pay
Day 2-6 75% of my salary or something
Most countries even nordic ones have a set limit of time you can collect sick leave or even unemployment benefits

We say roughly translated "insured out"

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Yes it should

I dont get paid the same if I'm home sick
First day off no pay
Day 2-6 75% of my salary or something
Most countries even nordic ones have a set limit of time you can collect sick leave or even unemployment benefits

We say roughly translated "insured out"
Damn, that sucks, which team do you play for?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
People also conveniently forget Jack ****ing injured himself seriously on multiple occasions actually playing for us!

Breaking bones & doing permanent damage to his ankle through brutal impact injuries... you know... while in the Arsenal shirt doing his job.

Wft.

BigPoppaPump

...Depending on a few things, like whether you rate him or if you think smokers are the devil. Because Diaby, Rozza and RvP owed us nothing, apparently :lol:

Rosicky played like 12 games for Arsenal and gets legend status for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom