• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

30 m plus anyone can have him, pushing for 40 and add ones. Only to show potential no real consistency always injured. He may come good but I'd trust Wenger to spend 30m + on a replacement. Just goto Barcelona they have loads of players as good as Jack*

*so Pep says

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He's the type of player you sell and end up crying about in a few years time when he's tearing every team to pieces. He's an unbelievably special player, I know it's cool nowadays to call him overrated and talk about who he's nowhere near a player like Veratti in terms of development. Which is utter nonsense, purely because Vertatti's a natural DLP and Wilshere has always grown up being an attacker and taking players on to start off with. His progression since his break-out season has been halt a fair few times but he's no doubt got the ability to be one of the worlds very best. Not a chance we're going to even consider giving up on him now. He's the future.

BobP

Memri Fan
I can see us getting Reus, he seems like a very reasonable guy.

Doubt Pogba though, as long as that fat **** Raiola is in his ear.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Would you consider
Well Wenger has come out and said he is not going to sell him.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-dont-have-to-sell-best-players-any-more.html
http://sport.bt.com/sport-football/news/wenger-not-willing-to-sell-wilshere-S11363974544488?

"we are not in a position anymore where we have to sell our best players" is above and beyond a simple denial that the player will be sold, by design IMO.
Would you consider Wilshere one of our best players?

Not even in the top 5 at present. We may regret it we may not but if a bid is to good to turn for a player who rarely features, isn't one of our best you don't turn it down.

Iceman10

Established Member
Would you consider Wilshere one of our best players?

Not even in the top 5 at present. We may regret it we may not but if a bid is to good to turn for a player who rarely features, isn't one of our best you don't turn it down.
Nope, he's still potential at this point. That's why I think AW said it for a reason, maybe as a message to the player more than anything else, to put an end to any unsettling. Delicate balance, Wilshere needs some tough love at times as well.

ScotVieira

Established Member
What a load of nonsense.

Jack ain't going nowhere. He is seriously under-rated here probably because he was originally over-heralded. He is still one of our brightest players with undeniable talent.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
One thing I'll say about Wilshere is that in his debut season he showed incredible consistency. He basically played 40+ 6-7/10 games in a row, some even against the likes of Barca at their absolute best, at the age of 18/19.

Disrupted by injuries since but I still feel that he started to believe the hype about himself a little bit. Obviously that's just blatant speculation.

VancouverCanuck

He has not shown any level of consistencies since his debug season. So I am not sure if he ever will fulfill his potential.

That said. He is still very young and it is too early to get rid unless we are given crazy amount of money and Wenger already has an upgrade line up.

elber82

Wilshere is going to make people look very silly on here.
Wilshere is not going to amount to much. Doesn't have the attitude to work his way to becoming a world class player. Needs to sort out his dodgy ankles and learn how to ride tackles first. Guy spends majority of games on the deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom