• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jakub Kiwior (Out)

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
A couple of days ago, this was reported

"Arsenal defender Jakub Kiwior saw a potential summer move to Sevilla blocked by the Gunners and specifically manager Mikel Arteta.'
Arsenal defender Jakub Kiwior saw a potential summer move to Sevilla blocked by the Gunners and specifically manager Mikel Arteta.

That’s according to Polish journalist Mateusz Borek, who revealed the details of the failed moved on the Power of Futbolu, relayed by TVP Sport.
Kiwior joined Arsenal in the January transfer window in a €25m deal from Spezia Calcio but has struggled to establish himself since his arrival.

He managed just seven Premier League appearances and 427 minutes of action last season, despite the injury to William Saliba leaving Arsenal short at centre-back. This season he has just three league appearances and 181 minutes.

The 23-year-old is very much on the outside looking in at this moment in time, with the partnership of Saliba and Gabriel Magalhaes limiting his chances at centre back.

It appears, though, that he remains a key part of the Arsenal squad, at least as far as Arteta is concerned, as he blocked the player from leaving in the summer when Sevilla pushed for a move.

“We haven’t talked about it publicly, but some time has passed,” explained Borek.

“The topic is no longer hot and in hindsight, no one will be offended if we reveal the name of the club.

“Sevilla really wanted to loan Kiwior to join them in the last transfer window. The club was supposed to fight until the end, but it was not enough to convince the Arsenal coach. Arteta said no to Sevilla. That’s why Kiwior stayed at Arsenal.”

Today this was reported

Malky

Established Member
Maybe the links to Guehi was as a potential replacement for Kiwior and not Gabriel like it was suspected.

SuperMikel

A calm and collected individual.
Linked with AC Milan also. And like the Tomiyasu to Inter Milan rumours, no fee is mentioned.

These Italian clubs seem to think anyone who isn't an automatic starter is a candidate for a dry loan or a cut price deal.

As for Kiwior. I cant see any desire to sell, he fits the profile Arteta loves - tall, quick, good athlete, good in possession and can play centre half or left back. Tomiyasu shares the same traits. Tierney did not, which is why he is out on loan.

Although these Italian clubs are beginning to wind me up. Rumors are Juventus want Partey in January - they will likely ask if a free transfer is possible.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Sending him on loan made sense when Timber came in but once he injured his knee then Kiwi was here to stay. He looks good too. Needs to be a little more physical and we still haven't really seen him tested as a CB but the schedule has forced our hand there so we wait and see.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Only way this is acceptable is if he’s sold for a £20M fee and the funds are used towards a forward. Inacio on loan with obligation to buy to replace him is cool I’m fine with that.

bergholt

We signed him for £20m 1 year ago so we'd need to sell him for £16m+ to make a profit on the books. The broke Italian clubs won't be bidding much more than that. Can't see it happening.

Why does it have to be a profit? It's a sunk cost, the money's already gone, if we've decided he's not part of the future then anything we can get for him is a positive.

TheDrunkenMaster

Sounds like another great plan selling our back up cb kiwior for a loss, to bring in another backup cb for around 50m that will play 5 minutes per game. 800m in and we only need a starting a gk, lb, left 8, a left winger and a striker. We are nearly there probably need only another 500 million.

SupersoakerArsene

Only way this is acceptable is if he’s sold for a £20M fee and the funds are used towards a forward. Inacio on loan with obligation to buy to replace him is cool I’m fine with that.
They would never let Inacio leave on loan lol. Big talent. Starter. Portuguese clubs don't fool around like us.

SupersoakerArsene

They literally did the same thing with Pedro Porro
Yeah, but they had like 3 options @ RB with Bellerin, Esteves, Esgaio & some other kid.
Now they have Inacio, Diomande as duo. Diomande will be out at AFCON. If they let Inacio go, they have a whole new centre. Can't see that happen...

Besides that. Coates, captain, is injured and even St.Juste ain't playing no more... So if Inacio leaves, they only have good old Neto left with some kids out their youth.

They are first with 1 point lead. Can't see let one of their star kids go, when having no money to buy a new wonderkid.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Remember when their fans were annoyed when we took one of their famous songs, and gave it to Ospina of all people.

Lads this is the garbage you are buying now, you don't deserve any respect at all :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom