• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jan Oblak

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Forget about Oblak ffs, he's too big for us.

I would try to get Donnarumma, world class potential and already a good GK.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Forget about Oblak ffs, he's too big for us.

I would try to get Donnarumma, world class potential and already a good GK.

Donnarumma & Raiola just doesn't feel like something that will happen. Alban Lafont feels very Arsenal though, been linked to Andriy Lunin too. I don't know about the latter, but Lafont will be a very good keeper. Could get him for 15-20m or so.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Might not even be second to De Gea, could be equal or better than De Gea. It's just cos we watch more Premier League that we tend to assume De Gea is better.
Nah he's got better defenders in front of him than De Gea and still looks ever so slightly inferior IMO. I don't think he could have kept United 4-5 places above where they probably should have finished in the last few years like DDG has.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Nah he's got better defenders in front of him than De Gea and still looks ever so slightly inferior IMO. I don't think he could have kept United 4-5 places above where they probably should have finished in the last few years like DDG has.
DDG is the undisputed best GK currently, I would even put Ter Stegen ahead of Oblak. 80mil for him is a ridiculous price and one that is not justified.

He is in the exact same bracket as other GKs like Courtois, Alisson, Ter Stegen, Handanovic etc and they are a lot cheaper than him.

My first choice is going to be Alisson with Leno as the most realistic option.

Goon_si

DDG is the undisputed best GK currently, I would even put Ter Stegen ahead of Oblak. 80mil for him is a ridiculous price and one that is not justified.

He is in the exact same bracket as other GKs like Courtois, Alisson, Ter Stegen, Handanovic etc and they are a lot cheaper than him.

My first choice is going to be Alisson with Leno as the most realistic option.
Handanovic is not in the same tier as Oblak IMO. Same goes for Courtois, while I haven't seen enough of Alisson to judge him properly.

To me De Gea and Oblak are the top 2, who is the best is debatable and not at all undisputed. Not sure how you can portray your opinion and label it undisputed anyway, seems strange, especially since there is no wide known consensus that DDG is the best in the world.

If given the chance I'd pay up for Oblak any day of the week. Unfortunately I don't believe we have a shot, given the options he'll have again this summer. We don't have the budget to do it anyway so it's a pointless discussion.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Oblak is mentioned here, though the fee is recognized as an issue.
Sell all the dross and make the CL, then it wont be. Easily the best most high profile keeper we have any chance of getting (so long as PSG doesn't come in for him).

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐

I'd spend 70m on Oblak without so much as thinking about it. I heard Fergie once said that the basic things you need in football are a good goalscorer and a good keeper, everything else comes afterward. We have the goalscorers, so if it's takes 70m for a keeper then so be it.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'd spend 70m on Oblak without so much as thinking about it. I heard Fergie once said that the basic things you need in football are a good goalscorer and a good keeper, everything else comes afterward. We have the goalscorers, so if it's takes 70m for a keeper then so be it.

Yeah he always went aggressively after keepers, didn’t settle for any duds like Carroll or Howard.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Take Liverpool for e.g. They've done really well to get to the final but I wouldn't be surprised of Karius costs them it. They certainly won't get near the league title with him in goal.

StefanB

The best keeper available, but we have no chance at getting Oblak I feel.

The price is way too high. Pretty much higher than our total summer budget. Even so if we had the money would he even come? PSG and Real Madrid are after a new goalkeeper. Manchester United might even buy him if de Gea finally moves to Madrid.

I just don't see this as realistic. He's a dream though. Awesome goalkeeper.

I agree.

Sign Oblak and that Turkey defender and I would say we are good to go for next season!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

A whole new back 5! I dont see us doing that. I like Bellerin but I'm not bothered if he goes or not as long as we reinvest the money. Monreal is getting older, Kos & Cech are past it and Mustafi error prone. Mavro looks to have a good future, maybe pair him with Sokratis and have Kos and one of Holding/Chambers as back up. I dont think for a minute we'll get Oblak but we can get a better keeper than we have now.

Malky

Established Member
Barthez was brilliant entertainment - he was either making a brilliant save or doing something completely mental.

Taibi was the perfect example of how ruthless Ferguson was with keepers, he signed him as 3rd choice, played him in a couple of games and decided " you're ****e son " and binned him at the first opportunity. If that was Wenger he would of kept him for the next 5 years as first choice - see Almunia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom