• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Hart

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Apologies if there is an existing thread...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsenal-plotting-8million-summer-move-for-Manchester-City-goalkeeper-Joe-Hart-after-his-impressive-loan-spell-at-Birmingham-Exclusive-article395641.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ar ... 95641.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Joe Hart is a potential £8million target as Arsène Wenger steps up his search for a new goalkeeper.

Arsenal manager Wenger is also looking for a central ­defender and a midfielder to add to the ­arrival of striker Marouane Chamakh on a free transfer from Bordeaux.

Cash is available to ­strengthen a squad which has been depleted by the absence of six key players as this ­season approaches its finale.

The 2-1 defeat to Tottenham last week means ­Arsenal are set to finish a fifth successive season without a major trophy – and Wenger wants to ensure his squad is equipped to deal with future mishaps.

Hart is on loan at Birmingham from Manchester City. He is due to return to the North-West at the end of the season but will find himself behind Shay Given in the pecking order at Eastlands.

Hart’s form has been so ­impressive with Birmingham that he has been talked about as a possible for Fabio Capello’s England squad for the World Cup finals.

At 23, Hart will not be happy to be the understudy to Given and Wenger will have him watched in the closing matches of the season. Also on the Arsenal radar is West Ham’s Robert Green.

No quotes to support it and they seem to have gone all out with this article...linking Kjaer, Milner, Green and ehh Kevin Nolan with us in the space of a few column inches.

So would Hart fill the gap?

otfgoon

Established Member
Too risky in my opinion, young keeper coming to a big club has mistakes written all over him, then again he's had a good season from the sounds of it. As for Robert Green... gtfo.

James

Established Member
Great prospect (but then, so to is Chesney). I really cannot see City selling him to us though. Also think we're probably best off going for some experience.

Bossa

Established Member
I like Hart but the source is ****. They link us with Nolan, Kjaer, Milner and Cahill without any substance and he also writes that Clichy's value is around 7,5m.

Its a lousy written article and 90% is probably made up.

James

Established Member
Bossa said:
I like Hart but the source is s**t. They link us with Nolan, Kjaer, Milner and Cahill without any substance and he also writes that Clichy's value is around 7,5m.

Its a lousy written article and 90% is probably made up.
Just read all that myself. What a load of ****.

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
Good prospect but what will happen to Chesney if we sign this guy?

As TG24 said, Frey is our realistic target, IMO...

Cheap with a lot of experience and then Chesney will slowly promoted to be our no. 1...

ricky1985

Established Member
The article has a lot of speculation on the part of the journalist - the only thing I would say is the journalist in question; Steve Stammers, is second only to John Cross when it comes to knowing the inside scoop at Arsenal. So there could be some truth to certain points in the article.

Although the Kevin Nolan part is so obviously what he feels we need, and has no base in reality, but, I'd be willing to bet he's probably heard something with regards the Kjaer rumour, and possibly Hart too.

P_Gunner

I think Milner would be a pretty good signing and he could probably shine beside Cesc. Kjaer would also be a great signing. I would prefer Frey to Hart though as I think he is better (and older).

I don't want us to sign a young goalkeeper. I honestly want to see our young Pole make it here, partly because I think a jersey that says Szczesny on the back would look amazing. :p

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I wouldn't say Joe Hart is the best keeper available for us, but I'd also say that he is better than Almunia. If Joe Hart came in and Almunia left I wouldn't be upset, but I wouldn't be content either.

As for Chesney I'm not concerned about another keeper coming in and taking his spot. All keepers, and players, need to fight for their position.

ricky1985

Established Member
Jacqui Oatley, (BBC Match of the Day commentator):
"Wonder what Joe Hart makes of Arsenal GK problems. He told me recently he's a "closet Gooner", but it looks like he's staying at BCFC".

Interesting.

TOPG

Established Member
I would be delighted if Arsène Wenger pulls this one off. So far he is PL proven, he is better than our current no 1 and most probably England's best keeper. In my opinion he'll only get better. Even if Szczesny is on the up in the future they can both fight it out for the no 1 spot.

Also i dont think it will be risky. Look at Hugo Lloris Lyon signed him from Nice at the age of 21 to replace Gregory Coupet and now look how it benefited them.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

ricky1985

Established Member
Man city are probably arrogant/stupid enough to sell him, and I've been convinced since the first time I saw him play he was England's future Number 1. Would be nice to have an Arsenal goalkeeper with that honour again.

I can't see any way in which he returns to City and sits on the bench behind Given, and Given's young enough where it's not going to be a problem that goes away quickly enough. He has to leave really, or as a last resort, perhaps, another year on loan at Birmingham - although that would probably only be delaying his inevitable departure.

For his own future he needs to find a proper club and get settled, and I think he'd try and push through a move to us. After watching the useless Spaniard struggle so badly, any keeper coming in knows they have a big chance to be the Number 1 for one of the biggest clubs in Europe.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Wouldn't mind Joe Hart. His performances this season has impressed me alot. The way he commands his area will be very good for our kind of play

asajoseph

Established Member
I like Joe Hart - good performances this season, and seems like he has a great attitude too.

Would Man City sell him to us though? No chance - they'll be targetting us next season, and anything they can do to prolong the stay or our comedy keeper will give them a better chance.

11vanpersie

Secretly likes Arsenal as well. Always good to have someone like that in the team, no Robbie Keane 'I love this club' fake stuff. Commands the area brilliantly, something we really need. Willing to really stick his head in and work hard. I say sign him up right now. Saying he likes Arsenal is a call - he won't want to be stuck on the bench at City, sign him before the World Cup (if we get any GK injuries he would be playing and get noticed even more raising his value.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane
Top Bottom