• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Hart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kain

Established Member
Well we done business with City with the Adebayor and Toure sales, so they might be willing to listen to offers from us on Joe Hart. Givens been one of their best players by quite a distance over the course of the season so theres little chance he'll get much playing time. It will largely fall on what Hart wants to do with his career, is he happy picking up fat paychecks for sitting on the bench for the next few seasons or would he want to move on and become a permanent number one keeper elsewhere.

Segway

Would really like this to happen. He's a great keeper and a special talent that would improve us greatly. The only thing I have against him is his young age and lack of experience which is something I feel we need in the back to cut out the silly mistakes we've been making for the last 5 years. However, Hart is still an immense improvement over Al so I'd take him.

I don't really get the hype Chesney gets on this board though. Personally I've only seen a glimpse of him for the U18's and I thought he looked a natural. Especially his stature and composure impressed me but what has he proven to be rated alongside players like Buffon and Casillas when they were at this age? I think it would be absolutely ridicolous if we passed up the chance to sign Hart in the hopes of Chesney becoming a world beater.

Zico

Established Member
Chesny has not done it consistently in the Premier League the way Hart has for the past season. No more wildcards.

The only problem with this rumor is that it owuld be insane for Citeh to give this guy up when the sensible thing would be to let Given play one or two more seasons before bringing back Hart. Maybe we can give them another overrated player and use this as a sweetener. We robbed them on the Adebayor / Toure deals, so why not ship off Walcott for 20 million pounds + Hart?

ricky1985

Established Member
Zico said:
Chesny has not done it consistently in the Premier League the way Hart has for the past season. No more wildcards.

The only problem with this rumor is that it would be insane for Citeh to give this guy up when the sensible thing would be to let Given play one or two more seasons before bringing back Hart. Maybe we can give them another overrated player and use this as a sweetener. We robbed them on the Adebayor / Touré deals, so why not ship off Walcott for 20 million pounds + Hart?
City are insane though - they paid £40M for Kolo Toure and Emanuel Adebayor, signed Joleon Lescott for £25M, and are not offering Shaun Wright-Phillips a new contract.

If any club is stupid enough to sell a player as good as Joe Hart, it's City. Especially when they believe they have the superior goalkeeper in Shay Given (I think Hart's the better keeper of the two).

dave_rwr

Established Member
Agreed Ricky. I think most clubs would be insane to let go of Hart, but City right now are not normal in that sense. They clearly value status over ability and that gives Given the number one place right.

However, there have also been rumours in the past couple days that City are looking to secure Buffon this summer. That would put Hart definitely at the number 3 place and it does seem as though Hart is not exactly in their long-term plans.

That might change though once Mancini gets the sack. I have a feeling that if a British manager comes in to take over, Hart's value may be recognized again. So if we are going to move, we should likely move quickly.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
Zico said:
The only problem with this rumor is that it would be insane for Citeh to give this guy up
City are insane though - they paid £40M for Kolo Touré and Emanuel Adebayor, signed Joleon Lescott for £25M, and are not offering Shaun Wright-Phillips a new contract.
It's a good point. :lol:

Re: Hart, I like him a lot. I think Szczesny will become a much better keeper in just a few years though. There's no need for Joe here. All we need is a calm and reliable keeper past 30 who can offer some stability to our defence. Even Tweety was mad at Fabianski today. It's gotten that bad.

number_0

Established Member
I can see city selling him to us, they have already done business with a top 4 club, they've sold sturridge to chelsea, and they are not in desperate need of a goalkeeper, they could let him go for virtually nothing if no clubs start a bidding war.

Abs

Established Member
He's already better than Given who's 34, why would they sell the most talented young english keeper to us? This doesnt make sense and I wouldnt waste any time on it

Abs

Established Member
qs said:
Abs said:
He's already better than Given who's 34

No he is not. :lol:

I personally think Given is not as good as some people claim. Is he better than what we got, absolutly. Is he world class...no way. Reina, VDS, Cech and Gomes are all better than him. He's a great shot stopper, but poor with his feet and in the air

outlaw_member

Established Member
otfgoon said:
Too risky in my opinion, young keeper coming to a big club has mistakes written all over him, then again he's had a good season from the sounds of it. As for Robert Green... gtfo.

It's so imperative that we sign a reliable goalkeeper. We simply cannot afford to take a chance on a relatively unproven keeper, no matter how talented he happens to be.

ricky1985

Established Member
Don't you think Hart has already shown he's reliable this season? You can count his poor games on one hand. Granted, it's a different thing altogether doing it at a club like Arsenal, but, if there's one thing Joe Hart doesn't lack it's confidence.

outlaw_member

Established Member
I think it's too big a jump for him to make and I wouldn't gamble our prospects on it. He has been performing on loan at a club that doesn't own him, therefore being in arguably the most comfortable position any player can possibly find himself in, in the top flight. It's a long way from being the first choice keeper at an aspiring top club. I'm not saying that he doesn't have the quality to become our first choice keeper but rather that I don't want to take a chance on a young GK for fear of him not being calm, decisive and ready for the pressures that await him. Determining whether any of the younger keepers we've been linked with could do a job or not just floods back memories of Richard Wright.

Minstrel Boy

To be fair, Hart has also had his fair share of games at Man City prior to his loan to the Brum. It's not like he'll be making a jump to a completely whole new level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom