Joe Willock: 2019/2020 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Vinci, Aug 9, 2019.

1. roz

roz Well-Known Member

Delighted to see him put in a good performance. He needed that. More please

2. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

So I’ve heard...

Gooner416 likes this.
  3. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

He can be as good as he wants to be. Massive potential. Perhaps needs a bit of intensity to his game but hes a complete CM.

Trilly likes this.
  4. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Prefers To Be Called Dennis

Glad to see Willock getting back on track! Now keep it up boy!

5. bandaid

bandaid Active Member

amazing performance....silky football with a smile.... he will light up many a stadium in the years to come.

6. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Nice cameo at the end.

Pepes blue pill likes this.
  7. boonthegoon

boonthegoon Well-Known Member

Really poor performance. Was invisible mostly. Matteo should have come instead of him.

8. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

Can this dude take a good 1st touch?

9. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

While Willock wasn’t particularly impressive in this game, I think his potential is massive. Huge physical ceiling married with the technique you’d expect of an Arsenal academy product. We’ll have to structure our attack better to get the most out of him (and Smith-Rowe) though.

Geofranco and GDeep™ like this.
  10. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

Should obviously be sent on loan to Huddersfield next season.

Bergkamp1988 likes this.
  11. Geofranco

Geofranco Well-Known Member

Not our most talented prospect, but has the potential to truly dominate games in his prime if he develops the right way. Future captain material. The growing pains and frustration will pay dividends in the future.

12. FinnGooner

FinnGooner Well-Known Member

:lol:

To be fair, you didn’t state on what level he has potential to dominate games, so perhaps you’re right. But if you’re suggesting Willock dominating a game at PL level, that emoji above is a massive understatement.

Bergkamp1988 likes this.
  13. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Well-Known Member

I like Willock but I would be loaning him out to be honest. I just cant get my head around playing him as a 10. He is good at arriving in the box and getting into goal scoring positions as well as driving through midfield, but he is simply better deeper.

I see him as a Doucoure type. Not the best defensively but able to defend due to physicality. I don't see him on the half 10 as a 10. His first touch isn't good enough. I think he is a box to box 8.

SingmeasongSong and Bergkamp1988 like this.
  14. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

Exactly what I keep saying is the problem with him. He's just better in a deeper role.

He can still make devastating runs from behind breaking through the lines

15. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

The way he plays football with a lot of contact requires a bit more strength and that will come in a year or two. Doesn't matter which position he plays because he is always doing same things