• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joel Campbell

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

Not sure if it is done, this was posted in the lobby:

<a class="postlink" href="http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.everardoherrera.com%2Findex.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26view%3Darticle%26id%3D3974%3Aoficial-padre-de-joel-campbell-dice-que-negociaran-hasta-despues-del-mundial-sub20%26catid%3D34%3Aprimera-division%26Itemid%3D56" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... temid%3D56</a>

darthwenger

yousif_persie said:
Oh how fast this deal is done as the player have a Medical tonight.

I don't know whats going on with this deal?

Is he really having a medical prior to signing or is he delaying until after the WC when they will be hoping other clubs come in and offer better bids or conditions?

Seems recently that all we are good for is as bargaining chip to get better deals for clubs and players to go elsewhere.

Until I see a player wearing the shirt, I don't believe any transfer news.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Even that is not enough;

carini+shirt-pan.jpg

Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger told the club's official website, <a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.arsenal.com</a>: "I am delighted to have signed Fabian Carini on loan.

"He is a young international goalkeeper with outstanding natural ability and a great temperament. He will definitely strengthen our squad as we look forward to next season."

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
blaze_of_glory said:
Not sure if it is done, this was posted in the lobby:

<a class="postlink" href="http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.everardoherrera.com%2Findex.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26view%3Darticle%26id%3D3974%3Aoficial-padre-de-joel-campbell-dice-que-negociaran-hasta-despues-del-mundial-sub20%26catid%3D34%3Aprimera-division%26Itemid%3D56" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... temid%3D56</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

manure enter the line too :lol:, they are waiting us for searching a talent and then they made a offer, i think they scouts are ****.

brady_style

ebouenolike said:
I used to rave about JET but his attitude is letting him down. Afobe needs a few years on loan, undoubtedly talented but needs regular minutes and there's no way he's getting past TW, RVP Gervinho etc right now.

I think someone like Campbell can have an immediate impact, whenever anyone in our team shows some balls and some pace the crowd appreciate it.

He has the ability and seems to have some stones so why not?

I'd love to think so too. He has an absolute peach of a left foot.

But the lad has only played a total of 8 full senior games at club level. This was at the Costa Rican top level. Rest assured that's a very very low level.

It's very rare for someone to go from such a low level to the Premier league and start tearing it up.

But I'd like to think he might be ready to do some damage for us in the 2012/13 season.

VancouverCanuck

blaze_of_glory said:
So now the guy's father claims nothing has been negotiated? Wtf? didn't he just say that everything was pretty much settled?
It's always a bad sign when a mouthy father is involved. Sigh.

dave_rwr

Established Member
Something fishy is happening here... Last night the father says everything is virtually ready, contract is ok, his club is happy, and he's having a medical with us. Now they're waiting until after the U20 tournament to make a decision? Any chance he failed our medical (yes, I realize the irony in the statement) and the father is trying to save face and keep other teams interested? The wait may be a means to get his son over whatever made him not pass our initial medical.

Maybe a flimsy possibility, but something strange is definitely happening here if today's quotes are accurate.

Floating

Established Member
Dave, I feel like the negotiating is complete (they're happy with the price, wages, etc), but Campbell still has to pass his medical, and they want to wait until after the U20 tournament to actually sign the contract, a bit like our initial deal for Nasri.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Sounds like, if true, that his dad and whoever else want a proper bidding war to take place after he has a great U20 tourny. It's starting to smell bad. I'm going to forget him for now. The ****.

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
Apparently the future is stalling on Arsenal. Seven years of waiting and it still hasn't knocked on our door.

Kenyonhater

If we are gazumped on this deal once again I think there's a case to be made that the blogosphere and twitter are helping to scupper our transfer business.

You can guarantee that people who work in recruitment for other big clubs, if not the scouts themselves, scour the internet and football blogs just like journalists clearly do.

Arsenal are known for their scouting networks and their ability to unearth young talent from obscure parts of the globe. We also have one of the most extensive, active and widely read blog networks. Gunnerblog and then Arseblog have covered the Campbell story in some detail this week, translating all the Costa Rican press coverage.

Arsenal FC will have wanted to move quickly and do the transfer as quietly and swiftly as possible but I can just imagine that in the last day or two Campbell's agent and father have received phone calls from people connected to the three clubs who finished above us saying "whoah, what's the rush? Take your time. We can offer you twice, three or ten times what Arsenal can. How big is your house, Mr Campbell? Have you ever wanted a Ferrari or a yacht?" etc etc...

I'm not blaming the blog writers but it might be that they are inadvertedly working against the best interests of the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakun Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Arsenal enquire about £17m-rated Barcelona defender Mikayil Faye [MailSport]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom